• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dire Waters

When a monsoon fell upon downtown lordearon the lands became soaked with evil and the dreams of its populace washed away. Can you survive the flood and bargain with its new residence?

My newest and greatest map yet! I've been working on this map the last few weeks and i've finally gotten it down to a place where I feel confident enough to release it publicly. ^^ Special thanks to Clan nG for their help with balance testing, especially Aydin, Regret, BaronFel, Holcan and Ownage. You guys are the best!

Suggested Players: 1v1
Tileset: Sunken Ruins
Map Size: 96x96

Screenshots:

54440845.jpg

54924289.jpg

94537927.jpg

Version Notes:
Version 1.1:
-Improved Terrain
-Expansion Creeps changed
-Green Turtle Camp fixed to no longer attack scouts
-Minor Item Drop changes

Keywords:
Melee, WorpeX
Contents

Dire Waters (Map)

Reviews
14:04, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 17
Your 'Hidden' tag doesn't work. Use it like this (without the star): [*Hidden=titel][/Hidden]
I'm doing this small review based on the screenies, so I could be wrong of course. Your terraining is excellent. Suggestions: Adding random unit groups will add more variety to your map. Make creeps drop items. Add creeps near the gold mines (correct me if I'm wrong and they are placed there already). Adding some doodads in the water will improve the terrain even more. I also suggest that you add schrub along the shores.

Level 7
Ah, I was waiting for someone to tell me how to get that to work, I couldn't figure it out. T_T

And to your tips, the creeps do drop items, the goldmines do have creeps there, random unit groups will screw up the map balance, and adding some doodads to the water and the shores might be a good idea. ^^ Thanks for the comment!