📢Lord of the Clans - Now Available!

Archian

Site Director
Level 63
frontpagebanner-png.475884

OutsiderXE's epic custom campaign returns in Reforged HD graphics!

OutsiderXE, a renowned modder in the Warcraft III community, has breathed new life into the beloved Warcraft universe with the release of his epic custom campaign, Lord of the Clans, now fully optimized for Reforged HD graphics. This latest edition promises an immersive experience, combining rich storytelling, high-quality visuals, and engaging gameplay that brings the world of Azeroth to life.

Features

• Custom campaign: Extensive Action-RPG gameplay and a highly customizable main character.
  • 8 single-player missions: Engage in a series of challenging missions across diverse environments.
  • 67 quests: Complete various quests that span over 7-9 hours of playtime.
  • High quality terrain and cinematics: Including custom models, textures, and icons that enhance the visual appeal.
  • Full voice-over: Dialogue and in-game transmissions are brought to life with recordings from professional voice actors and AI-generated voices from the Warcraft franchise.
  • Based on the novel Lord of the Clans by Christie Golden.

Thrall's Origin

The campaign, based on Christie Golden’s novel Lord of the Clans, explores the origins of the legendary Warchief Thrall. Set as a prequel to the events of Warcraft III, it chronicles Thrall’s journey from his early struggles to his rise as a pivotal figure in the Horde after its collapse. This storyline not only offers a deep dive into Warcraft lore but also provides a compelling narrative backdrop for players.

lotchd_11-jpg.475880

Action RPG with customization

An action-oriented RPG inspired by games like Diablo, Dark Souls and World of Warcraft. Master unique survival skills and powerful combat mechanics. Choose from over 15 custom abilities, 14 unique upgrades, and 9 powerful companions to fit your playstyle. Play 8 single-player missions, 67 quests, with over 7 hours of playtime.

lotchd_01-jpg.475877

lotchd_03-jpg.475878

True Reforged HD

Meticulously re-crafted terrain, by Tamplier, the lead designer of Chronicles of the Second War, highlight the high fidelity graphics that Reforged was meant for. Completely remade cinematics, using a wide range of animations and camera angles, supported by over 1,700 custom assets including models, textures and icons. Full voice-over for all dialogue and in-game transmissions, recorded by real people and AI voices created from Warcraft franchise games.

lotchd_14-jpg.475883

lotchd_13-jpg.475882

The future of Lore & Legends

Lore & Legends is a rebranding for all existing and future Warcraft 3 projects created by OutsiderXE. It implies all of these projects share the same detailed continuity. The next campaign is based on the novel Of Blood and Honor, to be released early 2025. Future projects include HD remakes for Day of the Dragon, The Last Guardian and more!

Lord of the Clans is currently available in english, german and russian. Italian and korean translations are currently being worked on, to be released in a few weeks.

lotchd_07-jpg.475879

lotchd_12-jpg.475881

Engage with the Community

Fans can explore more projects, support development on Patreon, discuss on Discord, and follow live streams on Twitch. For a detailed look, check out the official trailer on YouTube.

Level 14
I love original books especially Lord of Clans and all stuff before story and universe went awry and i did play the original version of the campaign several years ago..., but why for all that is holy is it in HD mode?.... Reforged always looked hedious, like thos cheap "unreal engnie 5 concept" for 'X' game series, its disgusting to look at.. 🤮

Its just grotesque and looks nothing like warcraft. I wish all those projects were in more drawn comic style that Warcraft was designed as, straight from Samwise's and Metzen's artwork and doodles as they read all the 90s comic books, not this...

I will never forgive Blizzard for doing this to the game and leaving it as such. If they done it right we wouldnt even have to split anything. It would just be og artstyle on "ultra settings"(War3HD models in SC2 were halfway there, some aspects of the models were quite meh tho like faces being all wrong, but atleast it tried to emulate og art and kept the animations).

I cant even play these, because i refuse to give Lizzard Entertainment my money for what they've done. I already had to bounce off several hd only custom maps, these just end up the same... and i wish i could, because under Reforged's profound ugliness and attempts to ...emulate it for whatever reason, are good ideas and map/mission design. I wish could, without having to endure 'HD modes' grotesque hediousness nor breaking my oath to never give blizzard another dime since 2018...
Edit: there is sd version burried in FAQ off a google, drive. Shouldnt it link to SD verion's hivepage?

Last edited:
Level 30
I love original books especially Lord of Clans and all stuff before story and universe went awry and i did play the original version of the campaign several years ago..., but why for all that is holy is it in HD mode?.... Reforged always looked hedious, like thos cheap "unreal engnie 5 concept" for 'X' game series, its disgusting to look at.. 🤮

Its just grotesque and looks nothing like warcraft. I wish all those projects were in more drawn comic style that Warcraft was designed as, straight from Samwise's and Metzen's artwork and doodles as they read all the 90s comic books, not this...

I will never forgive Blizzard for doing this to the game and leaving it as such. If they done it right we wouldnt even have to split anything. It would just be og artstyle on "ultra settings"(War3HD models in SC2 were halfway there, some aspects of the models were quite meh tho like faces being all wrong, but atleast it tried to emulate og art and kept the animations).

I cant even play these, because i refuse to give Lizzard Entertainment my money for what they've done. I already had to bounce off several hd only custom maps, these just end up the same... and i wish i could, because under Reforged's profound ugliness and attempts to ...emulate it for whatever reason, are good ideas and map/mission design. I wish could, without having to endure 'HD modes' grotesque hediousness nor breaking my oath to never give blizzard another dime since 2018...
Edit: there is sd version burried in FAQ off a google, drive. Shouldnt it link to SD verion's hivepage?
I wouldn't go so far as to call Reforged ugly. I actually prefer it over SD now that I have gotten used to it, and there is much more you can do with it when it comes to terraining and cinematics. But I agree with your idea that the style should have been different. It could have been more comic style while still offering a lot of detail.

The SD version can still be found here: Lord of the Clans (Classic SD)

Level 6
I actually read this book somehow. Have to play it now! Do you prefer the HD version experience? Given its an RPG, the visibility issues shouldnt be a concern.

Level 2
after the reforging was released, I thought that the developers could make other companies that had previously been in other games on it, but the fans do not only faster but also better than the developers, eh Blizzard... So merge the game, thanks for your hard work. You're just great!

Level 2
can't play crash first mission after showing clock
PS Maybe because of Quen Mod? or maybe because of macOS

Last edited: