• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Removing standard abilities from specific units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been searching the forums for a while trying to find a question/answers similar to this, but the best i can find is 'check Game Interface' yet all i can see there is icons.

Basically there is no reason for my Tower Building Peasant to have a Patrol ability.

Towers also do not need the 'Stop' ability. Is there a way to easily remove specific standard abilities from specific units?

Level 9
you can't remove basic moves
if an unit can move, it can patrol
if an unit can attack, it can stop

if your tower doesn't need any manual command, you can add to this classification "ward"; it disable all command button (including skills)

a way to remove button and keep skill is set your unit to ward, and use items + triggers to emulate the commands you need to keep.

Level 19
I think there is a remove basic abilities like attack, move, stop, patrol in World Editor Unlimited (WEU) I should give a link here, one moment...
Here
May be WEU can help ya

OR

You can change its icon with a 32x32 black image but it will be still clickable :/ too bad SCII WE will be better I hope

Level 9
WEU allow you to perform forbidden action of the WE (like using neg values)
that's doesn't change the map format

so two possibilities :
- the map allow you to remove these commands... so why wouldn't the WE had an associated option?
- the map doesn't allow to remove these commands and that's why there is no way to do this in the WE.

i don't think devs have time to loose on making unusued options management... so i'm pretty sure the second explanation is the right one and all we can do is wait for a patch wich add this features

now, we can still use "item command" on ward units, that's work

Level 2
Thanks so much for the replies, i'm sure i'll be able to get something close to what i'm after going :)

Level 19
is Amov the move action we know ?
I didnt know something like that is posible :/

And yoshi it allows on WEU as I know
Unit - Remove move from (Picked Unit)
Well I never used WEU in real map making just for testing what does it provide etc etc
Hope I wont need to use I wonder why did I say this its really good actually but whyevery I dont like it :/

Level 9
if you can do this in WEU, i don't understand why you can't in WE
WE limits are made to avoid problematic cases (causing crashes)
i can't found any probleme with removing a basic command
in the worst case, the unit simple become unusuable...
i'll try with custom script

EDIT:
UnitRemoveAbility takes an abilityId... does someone know the patrol's abilityId?

EDIT EDIT:
that doesn't work with 'Amov' anyway...

Level 40
There is none.

'Amov' = move
'Aatk' = attack

Remove move; move disappears, patrol and hold pos also disappear
Remove attack; attack disappears
Remove attack AND move (or if you only have 1 or the other and remove it); stop disappears

---------------------------

I think

'Aher' is Hero, but I can't be sure (the skill menu)

Level 19
There are too much things you cant do in WE already like removing minimap blabla box (the box shows where camera shows)
Unit get damaged Generic event (can be done by long jass code)
Removing %100 in income window and Armor reduce amounts (you need to import a non-transparent tooltip image for it and give %100 same color with that image)
OH this is the most annoying part for me being not able to make tooltip texts transparent
There are MORE if you ask for I hope they find a way for these in SCII

Level 19
Also they should make unit variables I mean variable in unit
Units have variables already like HP, mana, x cor, y cor, model, move speed etc etc Why cant we add them more ? There is only point value and custom value we can use (also WEU allows custom boolean value and custom string value)

Level 12
Also they should make unit variables I mean variable in unit
Units have variables already like HP, mana, x cor, y cor, model, move speed etc etc Why cant we add them more ? There is only point value and custom value we can use (also WEU allows custom boolean value and custom string value)
maybe use a Attribute Bonus skill with Hidden Icon and no bonuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.