• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Is it possible add extra requirements to heroes abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making a talent system where the players (heroes) can learn a specific extra-ability if certain requirements are completed.
These requirements are: level 3 of hero and have learned some specific ability.
This last is my problem because I don't know how add another requirement to the ability than the level requirement (well I know, but it doesn't work xD).

When the hero level is less than of the requirement, the player can see the other requirement (I'm using upgrades) but it doesn't nothing if the level is 3 or higher.
Now, if I have learned the ability without the second requirement, it looks like a priest spells when you don't have the upgrades (I can't use it (!@%#)).

So is it possible add another requirement?
Tell me please.

[rainbow]Thanks.[/rainbow]

Level 23
This last is my problem because I don't know how add another requirement to the ability than the level requirement (well I know, but it doesn't work xD).

When the hero level is less than of the requirement, the player can see the other requirement (I'm using upgrades) but it doesn't nothing if the level is 3 or higher.
Now, if I have learned the ability without the second requirement, it looks like a priest spells when you don't have the upgrades (I can't use it (!@%#)).

Youre not making sense, explain yourself.
You claim to know the solution, yet you never explain what this solution is.
"Does nothing if level 3 or higher" level 3 hero or is it level 3 of the ability? again we don't know.
Until you explain, no one knows.

Level 3
Well I said "When the hero level is less than of the requirement", so I think what I'm writing about the hero level.

I don't need requirements if the ability is learned without problems :s
Anyway the requirement (the upgrade what is updated when the hero learn the specific ability) doesn't nothing (I mean what it is there but doesn't nothing if the requirement 1 (hero level) is the correct, basically it disapears, like if it isn't a requirement).

Level 23
Anyway the requirement (the upgrade what is updated when the hero learn the specific ability) doesn't nothing (I mean what it is there but doesn't nothing if the requirement 1 (hero level) is the correct, basically it disapears, like if it isn't a requirement).

That's simply how requirements work with hero abilities, nothing you can do about that.
Unless of course you create your own method of skill learning and attempt to mimic the original.

Level 12
tech tree requirements only prevents heroes from using the ability, doesn't affect learning the ability. So like Kino said you'd have use a custom made learning system.

Level 23
Ok, well I've changed the learning method, but I have an additional question... How unlearn any tech? Because, I can upgrade the tech level but I don't know how return it to level 0.

You cant.
Upgrades can only have their level increased but not decreased.
You can however fake it by using a unit for requirements, since units can be removed at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.