• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Adding Requirements to Abilities Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm trying to add a Unit requirement to certain abilities (Channel & Charge Gold / Lumber), but for some reason, nothing happens.
I've also tried adding "Any Tier 1 Hall" (and replace the hall with my Hero) but it still doesn't work.
It's weird because it works with upgrades though.
(And yes, "Check Dependency Requirements is set to True :p)

Level 20
You want to add requirements to abilities: good
- What requirements?
- To what ability?
- What's the ability supposed to do?

The ability can't be cast unless a player has a certain unit
- Wich unit?
- Wich player owns the unit?
- Does this unit has the ability, or one player unit has the ability but requires the same player to have another unit of some kind?

You want to do this with or without triggers?

Level 5
Sorry if I wasn't clear before :p

- What requirements? A unit requirement. Abilities can't be cast unless the player has a certain unit on the map.
- To what ability? Channel and Charge Gold & Lumber.
- What's the ability supposed to do? Transform the caster into another unit (can't use Chaos or any other morph ability)

The ability can't be cast unless a player has a certain unit
- Wich unit? A Dreadlord.
- Wich player owns the unit? Every player can have their own Dreadlord.
- Does this unit has the ability, or one player unit has the ability but requires the same player to have another unit of some kind. Yes.

You want to do this with or without triggers? Without.

Level 20
- What requirements? A unit requirement. Abilities can't be cast unless the player has a certain unit on the map.
You have to detect " Aunit begins casting an ability" and check if the player has the unit.

- To what ability? Channel and Charge Gold & Lumber.
Channel is just for triggering things, doesn't really have an effect itself. And Charge Gold & Lumber? How are you using that?

- What's the ability supposed to do? Transform the caster into another unit (can't use Chaos or any other morph ability)
Remove the unit and replace it with other. Else, use some triggered passive unit transformations based on Bear Form

You want to do this with or without triggers? Without.
Onyl transformation can be done. All the others have to be triggered.

Level 5
You have to detect " Aunit begins casting an ability" and check if the player has the unit.
Well the thing is, I've added Upgrade requirements to abilities and it has worked. I don't know why it's not working with Channel.
Also yes, I could do this, but I want to make it look nice, so if I do that, I'll have to create a bunch of fake "disabled abilities"...

Remove the unit and replace it with other. Else, use some triggered passive unit transformations based on Bear Form
I know. The only problem I have is the unit requirements for the ability.
I was just wondering if it was a known bug or something.
Maybe I should try other abilities see what happens.

Level 20
There's no need for fake disabled abilities: Detect begin casting, if the player doesn't meet the requirements, stop casting. It won't go to cooldown, neither cost mana, anything. It will just do nothing.

You could maybe use a research, and make the upgrade when the unit enters the map, but doesn't matter if the unit is dead or alive, the research will be permanent.

Level 5
There's no need for fake disabled abilities: Detect begin casting, if the player doesn't meet the requirements, stop casting. It won't go to cooldown, neither cost mana, anything. It will just do nothing.

Yea doesn't look good though.

You could maybe use a research, and make the upgrade when the unit enters the map, but doesn't matter if the unit is dead or alive, the research will be permanent.

Can't because the research is permanent.

Level 20
Yea doesn't look good though.. ?

Display a message in warning red "You need XXXXX to cast this ability" and you're done. OR use "Player - Enable ability" when the Dreadlord enters the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.