• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Buildings Pathing Issues{my building is too large and there's no fitting pathing map}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have a large building (let's say it's "Keep" with a scale of 2-3-4 or something) and I have no ideea how can I find a matching path.
Becase of that, the units are walking trough the walls of the building, it possible to construct even another biulding inside it wich is not good at all, etc.

How can i resolve the issue?

Level 1
If your building is placed in the map from the beginning, you can simply place some path blockers around it. If you can build it ingame... Well, maybe you can do something with triggers, I'm not sure (something like creating path blockers or dummy buildings around??).

Level 9
Drakens, no, I am talking about the buildings that are NOT already placed.
EpixB: [animation -ground texture] is totally useless, it has nothing to do with what i'm asking for.
[pathing - pathing map] won;t work since not even the largest pathing map owned by a structure isn't large enough.

Level 1
That's a nice tutorial/guide :). Just open Photoshop or any design program (GIMP is fine & free) and create you own path. Each pixel of the image is a distance of 32 (the smallest square in the WE's terrain grid). Use the colors shown in the tutorial (255/000/255 for blocked, 000/000/255 for unbuildable, 000/000/000 for no effect at all, etc).

When you've finished, save it as a ".tga" file (GIMP said something about compression but I unchecked it). Then import that file and rename it to "PathTextures/Whatever.tga". Save and close WE, and when you open again you can use it.

It worked for me, just tested it.

Edit: A 20x20 path (in WE that's a pretty big one) is only 1.3kb, if you wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.