• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Great Celon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Celon is an imaginary town of which my precious Life Elves name their capital city, and a town of which I have loved ever since I started imagining how it looks and feels. I have done several terrains, both offisial and private about this city. So now, with three published terrain art shots, and one WIP thread, I feel like its time to gather at least the three art terrains in one thread.

Oh, btw. The third one is a completely new one of which I made today, so I'd very much like some constructive criticism on that one.

If you like the terrain I've done here, you are very welcome to head over to my story thread to check out the story of which these terrains hail from :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...oncept-creation-291/dawn-life-updated-172066/

Thanks to all in advance!
Hope you like them ^^

Attachments

• Celori.png
    Celori.png
    982.2 KB · Views: 3,701
  • Skygarden.jpg
    Skygarden.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 3,680
  • Shrine of Njin.png
    Shrine of Njin.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 3,757

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Love the ammount of details you've put into these. I'll only comment the latest one.
So many fantastic and creative ideas you've got here. The stars from the fountain being one. I also love the balcony top right. Adds more to the scenery than I thought something like that would. For some reason it doesn't seem as flat and timid with that balcony up there, maybe it's just me.

Some things are bothering me though. On distance, the granite blocks merge quite nicely, most likely due to the fog. Up close however, they stick out a bit too much for my taste. The overall quality of the model just becomes an eyesore when compared to the detailed surroundings. Perhaps place smaller ones or something?
Also, what is that "forest green" line shattering the floor bottom left? I went ahead and circled it in the picture below.
~Overall, hat's off.
EDIT: I'd rep you but I have to spread it around first.

Attachments

• Shrine of Njin.png
    Shrine of Njin.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 3,576
Level 6
.....just breathless!
Epic work, there is not much to critisize (to be honest there is nothing which needs improvement at all).
There are only things I personally dislike, for example in the first pic the sun is a bit too yellow and a bit too bright (it makes the background look diffuse).
The second and the last pics are nearly perfect, but there should be more living things like birds, citizens and so on.

Level 36
Idea is fantastic, really cool!
Sadly, I don't have time to write novel for each one!

GJ dude

It's terrains based on a novel, not a novel based on terrains :p

On distance, the granite blocks merge quite nicely, most likely due to the fog. Up close however, they stick out a bit too much for my taste. The overall quality of the model just becomes an eyesore when compared to the detailed surroundings. Perhaps place smaller ones or something?

I do disagree, but I'll bare it in mind when i do the next update on the terrain, thanks.

Nicely done, but to be completely honest, I wouldn't use those tables and chairs in a magical place, I'd want to maintain the mystery and the fact that it bears question marks as to what kind of people live there. The furniture kind of ruins it (in my opinion).

I'm sorry you feel that way, because that is one factor that will not change. Due to the fact that the city in itself is pretty much defined.

The second and the last pics are nearly perfect, but there should be more living things like birds, citizens and so on.

I have a personal deistaste for units and living things in terrains, one or two animals is ok, but having people in them simply ruin the overall experience, at least in my book. And if you didn't notice, there are three birds on the second one :p

Oh and P.s: The green thing you're talking about is the counter of the "bar-disk." What, did you think all those glasses and bottles were standing on the ground? :p

Level 19
I like the first two pictures (knew them already). And I like your idea of making a city in multiple terrains. Very cool.

I like your 3rd picture as well but you asked for critism so here it is. I marked some area's and here's what I wanted to say about it:

Red: It feels as if it's a littlebit empty in there. Maybe add the shadow of a tree in there to make it look less static. Because the buildings make it look really static withoud much round shapes.

Purple: Just a small suggestion. Wouldn't a little rowboat be cool in there?:p

Blue: Really really loved that area. No critism, just respect!:D

Yellow: I don't really like the colours of that rock/ruined block thingy in there. It doesn't really fit. I would go with something green coloured with less blue in it. This kind of green has a high value of blue in it if you get what I mean.
Maybe Sunken Ruines rocks or even Lordaeron Summer rocks (more grey tinted) would suit better.

Green: It feels a littlebit overcrowded in here. I can't really say what it is, but it doesn't really look that good to me yet. Maybe it looks better withoud the 2 crystal lantern thingies in there and with a littlebit less shiny things floating around it.

And I forgot to mark something.
The door under the blue marked area... Maybe it's cool if you add some kind of curtains in there or maybe a (how do I call this in english) 'thing to open the door'.. A door handle if I'm right?... That door looks like it could use some more love.;-)

Attachments

• Shrine%20of%20Njin.png
    Shrine%20of%20Njin.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 3,561
Level 5
These are fantastic. I wish they were just screenshots of a real game or something...

But the third picture doesnt seem to match up well with the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.