• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Color Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Alrighty, I'm not sure about this one. Feels like you will torch me for it, but I suppose that does me good anyways. This a really old piece that I finished briefly today.
surrealterrain.png

Attachments

• Surreal Terrain.png
    Surreal Terrain.png
    431.9 KB · Views: 263

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
That's really good. Though I think it will look even better if you only use ''warm'' or only ''cold'' colors.

Try using red, purple, and orange only, for example.
Thanks for the feedback. That's an interesting idea, I'll try it out.
Can I use that as my wallpaper? :D
Permission granted, haha.

Level 36
Ah, lovely terrain. Though it appears I have some ideas that I would think could improve the overall feel and look of the terrain. I'll start by commenting on the currently given feedback:

Personally I dont think that changing up the colours too much like making them only warm or only cold will improve the look of it much, however making a smoother transition between the colours, and possibly exclude some of them might make the whole colour part look better. Even though it looks quite good already.

Now, my two main issues is as follows:

The arms of the "lady" are too thin, I dont know wether you can do something about this or not, but I really think they should be thicker, at least have a normal look, if it's not possible, try removing them alltogether.

The line indicates where I would like to see the black part ending, meaning you should lift the whole camera angle. As it is right now the black part is too intense and too much, it draws the attention to it more than it should.

Oh, and also. I would love it if you worked a bit more on the background, and personally I think a antural view with a waterfall or something would look nicer than the current "town" view.

Hope that could be of some help.

Attachments

• Thier.jpg
    Thier.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Level 19
Haha wonderful what you did with the arms of the lady.
I mean they are too thin, Keiji is right. But it's very cool you came to that idea haha!
+rep:D

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Now, my two main issues is as follows:

The arms of the "lady" are too thin, I dont know wether you can do something about this or not, but I really think they should be thicker, at least have a normal look, if it's not possible, try removing them alltogether.

The line indicates where I would like to see the black part ending, meaning you should lift the whole camera angle. As it is right now the black part is too intense and too much, it draws the attention to it more than it should.

Oh, and also. I would love it if you worked a bit more on the background, and personally I think a antural view with a waterfall or something would look nicer than the current "town" view.

Hope that could be of some help.
Always helpful, and I'm really grateful for that. The background and the black part are easy fixed which I will update. I'll see what I can do about her arms though, haha. Perhaps I'll construct a pair of arms if I can find anything that looks good.
Haha wonderful what you did with the arms of the lady.
I mean they are too thin, Keiji is right. But it's very cool you came to that idea haha!
+rep:D
Thanks, haha. It was an odd coincidence, but I noticed that animation by a fluke.
Thank you both for reviews and feedback. I'll be back with an update as soon as I have some spare time over.

Level 18
Imo this rather feels like a paiting rather than a terrain don't know why i exactly get that feeling but ok. Now to talk about the terrain itself i like the colors but som how i would've deleted the pink,green,brown colors and made it blue with a little bit of yellow and white. (must be confusing to read this sorry for that my english isn't what you call good) anyway besides these things i like this terrain the woman and man makes it look like a somhow love scene :p

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
This is by far excellent lighting.

I suggest changing the city with different buildings(high rez builds?) , as it looks sort of wierd (in my opinion)

good job none the less.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm aware of the fact that the background is sloppy and lacking, and I'll try my best to enhance it in my updated version.
Imo this rather feels like a paiting rather than a terrain don't know why i exactly get that feeling but ok. Now to talk about the terrain itself i like the colors but som how i would've deleted the pink,green,brown colors and made it blue with a little bit of yellow and white. (must be confusing to read this sorry for that my english isn't what you call good) anyway besides these things i like this terrain the woman and man makes it look like a somhow love scene :p
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not quite sure how it is considered negative that it looks like a painting, however we all have our own taste I suppose. I'll take it as a compliment either way, as that was the result I was going for. And I can totally picture this as a love scene. I didn't construct it as one, however I can definitely see it now that you pointed it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.