• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Small animation edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't touched teamcolour texturing myself yet, but this should be helpful:
Click me

Basically, the desired geoset of your model has to feature two layers: 1 - teamcolour; 2 - texture.
If you add the desired areas of your texture file to its alpha-channel (read this tutorial to see how it's done), the model will feature teamcolour at those spots.

Since you posted this in the Requests forum, I assume you want this to be done for you, aye?

Edit:
I have edited the model and texture respectively.
I hope this is what you wanted.
Apparently, it's not as easy as it looks. Checking Arthas's model shows that you can not simply select the desired area and alpha it - it would be completely invisible.
You have to work around this.

What I did was:
Mark the desired area, add it to the alpha channel.
Duplicate the selection of the texture, desaturate it and set brightness/conrast to a satisfying level.
Copypaste it on the alpha channel.
That way, you will keep the structure of the selected area..

Attachments

• BlitzerChassis.blp
    241.7 KB · Views: 51
  • GoblinBlitzer.mdx
    86.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: Kam
In Photoshop:
You can easily select a selection by pressing CTRL + left mouseclick on the desired layer (in this case, the alpha channel).
Simply move on to the main layer of your texture and press Ctrl + J (this will duplicate the selection).
Copy the selection with Ctrl + C, move back to the Alpha Channel, paste and move it accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.