• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruiting People for New Project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Basicly, this is a fusion card game.
everyone can pick different cards and types. Although having the same type of card, like unholy, beast, dragon, etc. will give a stacking aura. Like for every beast on the field you own, you get a 5% attack speed stacking aura.

this game will be based off of synergies. although the unique thing about this game will be that everyone starts out with basic units of a single type. you can combine two cards outside of the duel to make a new stronger card. so if you combine a beast(main) with a dragon(secondary) you will get a new beast card that will be a beast/dragon and will give a 5% attack speed aura but will give half of the secondary aura. so if the dragons give 2 armor, then the beast/dragon will give off a 1 armor to everyone as well.

as well i would like to add field cards that change the field to boost power for ALL monsters of that type.

although not all fusions will work, only certain monsters with other monsters will work. so want to add a duel a computer and will give tips on fusion that you can pull up by typing -fusion and the type.
Along with a save and load system for your deck.

this is just a rough idea, looking to define it with someone or a group.

any help as far as someone with ideas or terrain and even helping me on triggers would be appreciated.

Level 7
So Far, the types of cards will be:
water
earth
nature
dragon
air
unholy
beast

think with this main, it should be a decent start and leave alot of other monsters open to expansion.

Level 7
well, i guess ideas would be first, need a clear idea to build on, and have a good start on some of the code. but you are more then happy to help out in any area. They all get tiring after a while.

did you have any ideas, I think mainly what I am trying to figure out is a summoning system, for instance, yugioh is based off the monsters lvl or magic the gathering is based off of the amount of field cards, or pokemon is energy cards per monster, so each are different, each would play differently on the deck make up and the fusion system. do you have any thoughts on a style of play?

Level 8
How about a points system based on synergy? The more successive hits and the more spell cards or ability cards or whatever and the more monsters or creatures summoned on the field at once combined together to make a score, and the points from this score are used to play more cards or draw new ones?

Level 7
well, i think when it is your turn, anyone can throw down as many magic cards they want, but the synergies with monsters are the stacking auras that each race gets so if you cast two beast monsters on the field, then they each have a stack 5% attack speed aura, so they have a 10% attackspeeed buff, if you then summon a dragon, the dragon gives all a 2 armor to all dragon types, so he would not give the two beast monsters anything and the dragon would not get the attack speed aura.

that is why the fusion system is important, if you fuse a beast(main) and dragon(secondary) then you get a beast as your main and your beast still gives all beast 5% aura but now gives all beast 1 armor(half of the secondary armor) so this makes your synergies more powerful.

keeps new cards coming in and want to add ai duels, each one with a different theme, like one beast card and another dragon, light, or etc. so if you defeat them, you get a random card.

also want to add field cards, but depending on how the summoning goes, depends on how they get intergrated.

Level 8
alright. Well, lets try out soem different ideas, and see how they go with that.

And my point is that my idea keeps the synergy effect, but that if people were able to draw and play as many cards as they want on their turn, then it might just all go to hell. Thats what the point system is for. The point system has no impact on the battle other than the playign or drawing of cards, to keep it from going into chaos by limiting your plays and draws. You would recieve more points for each monster on the field of the same type, in a turn-based point system. You also get insta-points every time you land a hit on a monster and every time you play a successful spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.