• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Needing people for Loap-style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Before you think this is just another Loap map, it is not. About a year ago, I created a thread of a fresh made-from-scratch Loap map, with many custom and new, even easier and friendly features. The thing is, I don't have the time to work on all of it, so I'm looking for some members to help in the project, any field is fine (Triggerer, JASSer, Textures, you name it) even just giving [useful] ideas.

The map has your regular houses, jobs and cars. It offers different systems (some of them still a little buggy), Job Rewards (Abilities earned) and Skills (Abilities bought/found), minor quests, hidden "Bosses", furniture, and some minor events.

Some systems include:
  • Banking
  • Fishing (Alpha)
  • Restaurant Ordering
  • Stat-gaining
  • Cooking
  • Drunk level
  • Toy Crafting (In development)
  • And maybe others more I don't remember at all :S

The real deal is, I've worked a lot on this map alone, and I just don't want to take years developing it myself or even worse, leaving it as it is. So any help is really appreciated. Hell, I can even leave the map for open-source for those who want to learn/work on it.

EDIT: I supposed it was better to say which kind of skills I need for the project and why. There you go:

• Medium to Advanced Triggerer/Jasser: Someone who can implement different new systems and improve current ones. This is most of what I want in this person, but you could also help with any kind of triggers. (Minigame makers can have a chance here too ;) )
  • Texturer (Icons and/or skins): Since this is a map set in modern life (like most Loaps), I will need some icons from the modern world and also Skins that give a more present-time flavor to the game. Skins are of more priority than icons as they are easier to find on the site.
  • Modeler (?): Not every in-game model will give the best Life-simulation experience, so it will be even better to have custom models, especially for cars and cars with peasants, maybe more realistic police (Not Terran nor Rifleman) and Mafia without the fel orcs models :S
  • Testers: An important piece in my project. I need people who can test the game in multiplayer since is the main objective in the game and is where I can actually know the bugs present.

Of course, if you don't feel like having enough skill but want to help out and see this project grow, you can still be helpful by giving all the ideas you can. You can do it here, but I prefer you do it in the Idea Factory thread I created for that porpouse (Link in my signature)

UPDATE - The map is in translation proccess. Expect it attached soon.

Last edited:
Level 4
I love everything where you can play a peasant and get drunk. :D
I don't realy know if I can help you... I'm good in terraining I think and I'm can trigger (I don't know if I'm realy good witht triggering but... I think I am :D). I also could make tooltips and things if you need someone to do this. Mabye I can also do some other things, I dont realy know... I havent worked with the WE about 2 month or something.
Ah, and I havent got that much time. Normaly I'm somewhere else on weekend and school takes much time. But I think I'm not allways somewhere else on weekend and I also got littl bit time on schooldays.
So, if u need some help, mabye I can help you with it or something, if not mabye I can give you some ideas. Or both :D

Sooo.... Im not there at the next weekend and then I'm somewhere with school 3 days. Then I got 4 days no school cause of holiday (wuhu!).

Hope this project wont die!! :)

Level 3
I liked LoaP. Your project sounds quite interesting to me. I might be able to help you out. I think I am acceptable concerning triggers but I have no clue about jass nor about textures.
Anyhow good luck! (BTW could u show us the map)

Level 2
I love the idea, and the openness of this map.

I am great with models and icons, etc.
I can do some trigger work when needed.
I am not that great at terrain but i can do that also.
Tell me if you need any help!

Level 9
Good to see people are getting interested :p

For those who don't know (probably everyone but Arcsol), I'll translate some Spanish words in the game to English. I'd be available for terraining too, if needed.

Level 6
I'm glad to see people interested in helping in the map :)
Man, Hugomath, I tought you dissapeared lol and I started translating bit by bit, so hey, the map will be released in english soon.

Now on to business, I can't actually know your exact level of a certain skill and I see you haven't submitted any resources (except for Hugomath and Dr Super Good). I would like to see a demostration of your work. Maybe I can request something and see if you can get it done?

Oh, and it's really nice you want to help with police and mafia triggers (druglord isn't yet planned but could be ;)) Dr Super Good. I already know of your knowledge in triggers so shall I start requesting triggers for those?

Level 9
Sorry for not saying anything, Arcsol. Next time, send me a VM ;).

In the drug lord thing, I had an idea of a job where you order drugs for a certain amount of gold, then sell it to other players for the amount of gold you want and/or to a NPC buyer for about 30% more gold than you bought.

Also, you can send me the map if you want :).

Level 6
It all depends on how complex the system you need is.
It would be nice mentioning more about the map though for people who are interested as what you yhave above is prety brief.

I understand. I'm pretty sure the current version, even when lacking certain things I want, is considerated to be playable, so would be a good idea to make a Map Development thread, give all information and the map, and link this thread for recruitment?

Sorry for not saying anything, Arcsol. Next time, send me a VM ;).

In the drug lord thing, I had an idea of a job where you order drugs for a certain amount of gold, then sell it to other players for the amount of gold you want and/or to a NPC buyer for about 30% more gold than you bought.

Also, you can send me the map if you want :).

No prob, I think I can translate most of it, except for certain puns and colloquial words (For example, how do you call the person who sells magazines in a kiosk?). That's where I'm gonna need your help :)
And drug job idea sounds nice and concise, then maybe you can get in trouble with the police if they notice you're carrying/selling drugs.

Level 9
I'm not sure about how that person who sells magazine in a kiosk sounds... Perhaps just Clerk is ok lol.

Level 27
Well, what about giving any player an opportunity to commit crimes for profit/stop criminals for reward?
I mean, like you can secretly get an equipment for drug production, and sell them to other players. The more oney you have, the more you can invest into more profitable businesses or some other stuff, like hiring bodyguards.
Otherwise, other players may team up with police. Firstly they are just ordinary police oficers on patrol and gain cash for catching a person commiting crime (Firstly you need proofs he's a cirminal - like use a special ability to check if the player has "illegal" items. Or find equipment for producing illegal goods and use the ability on it/attack it). Then you catch the criminal and recieve reward, depending from your police rank. every sucessful arrest gives you "experience" which allows you to get promotions which increase profit from arresting and give some new equipment or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.