• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need people for CTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Get the Map Here

Ok, So this has been my spare time project for the last few week in addition to my main map.

Currently this is a bare bones CTF.
I have many ideas to make this bigger more interesting and generally a better map but atm i need to know if it works.

Current map features:

5 hero classes
Income system
rematch options
repick options
2 item shops
Basic CTF functions

Future Map Features:
Additional Game options
( Medic Game mode, Single Flag, etc. )
Sewer or Subterranean section of current map
Additional maps
FPS mode
Ultimate item for each class ( taking specific suggestions )
More interesting terrain

What I Need:
I am looking for some people to test this make sure it is all running and BALANCED.
currently each class should have 2 others it kills and 2 it dies too ( running away is different )

I would like to get a hold of a good Flag model that can attach cleanly to the backs of heroes and still look good just standing there.

Taking any and all suggestions
This is more something I do in my spare time so it may never be finished especially if i keep getting new ideas

Of course anyone who helps will be included in recognitions ( currently not even included )
Thank You for your time:thumbs_up:

Get the Map Here

Edit: In addition i am willing to trade help with maps especially if someone has something that can be tested single player.
Any comments at all are appreciated

Last edited:
Level 25
If you need a terrainer, I might be able to fill the spot. That all depends on how this game will work. What camera mode(s), custom models?, is it a total conversion?, etc.

I always wanted to make a Team Fortress kind of map! Though that's drifting off a tad into the wrong direction from where you want to go I'm guessing.\
~Craka_J

Level 4
actually i would be hugely interested in a terrainer

right now this is already losely based on TF
with class setup and such

my restrictions currently are none
however i am interested in getting this to run in first person at some point so your help would be huge if you had ideas on how to create a first person that resembled the old TF maps

Level 25
No problem. Also, when I work on the CTF map. Should I remake it totally from scratch and perhaps make it accurate to a map in Team Fortress Classic? Or should I just work on the map you submitted, which I approved?
I prefer to restart from scratch. But it's your choice!
~Craka_J

Level 4
Craka_J:
you can restart
i only ask that if you could keep the wall width close to the same as previous since that is what all the abilities are built for
if this is impossible for form or function shoot me a PM and i will work on it

the only think i cant work around without adding a silly complicated system is that sight range is limited to 1800 so if it is to large in scale the map falls apart

DesKaladA:
You are welcome to help i sent you some more questions
the more information i get the better the map becomes :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
look at my title

MagnusCalgar is my name on bnet east
Watcher79 on west

the story behind that is that i was map making as watcher79 a few years ago and pretty steadily used that name for years
however i used the name Magnus Calgar for some other things and when WoW started it seemed more appropriate now even my RL friends call me by that name so i use it more often
but since i started map making as watcher79 i still use it to sign my maps

Status
Not open for further replies.