• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ye olde CTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
For the past month, I've been working on an AoS-styled CTF game based off of my 2 year old memory of Peon_U's ancient pre-TfT game. I've done my best to not play the game as to avoid "overinspiriation". Most of the basic game is finished. I plan to do all the work if no others want to help out with the map, which was the original plan when I started development of this map, all of the current work that has been done on the map has been done solely by me. (Apparently it's a rule that I state that, sorry if I sound pretentious)

Game Plan: My goal is to recreate the same feel of the ye olde CTF game originally masterminded by Peon_U. I have integrated some ideas from my old edits of his maps that were done about 2 years ago. The final product should be a CTF game with very fast paced game-play that is focused more on creative use of resources and game manipulation that actual just "I do more damage, I win". The game is being designed to be more player vs. computer oriented than player vs. player. This is not to say that there are plenty of situation where it will be just you against the opponent players. It is designed with smarter NPC's that are programmed to patrol, cast spells, and chase players with a variety of options available to them. This style of gameplay coupled with what I hope will turn out to be very innovative and creative hero ability selections should result in a very unique and fun game.

Here's the basic jist of what is finished, and what is planned on being done:

Finished:

-The triggering of the default game mode and rule options.
-The terrain and map layout
-The basic functions of the game (it is completely playable and winnable at this point)
-The basic units and NPC related aspects
-Multiboard (yay!)
-A Few heros
-and uhh... other stuff... kinda.

To Be Finished/Started:
-More Heros
-All other game modes besides the Default settings
-Game rule modifiers
-polishing
-Full Game Testing
-Other stuff probably :p

Here's the description of the Default game mode which is completely functional and working:
Default/Normal: Two flags are placed at their respective flag rooms in each base. Players are allowed to choose their hero class from their teams altars only. They keep their hero through deaths. The flag speed reduction is at normal. Creeps Spawn throughout forest. Team spawns are enabled. By default the objective is to get 3 flag captures for your team to win.

Here are some in-game and overview screenshots of the map so far. (Please note, these screenshots are out of date, and I need to add new ones.)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Falitian/CTF/

If you are interested in helping out with this map, I can use you. It doesn't matter what you do, can do, or are willing to do any help would be most appreciated.
Here are some more specific things that I need help with though:
-Testers (I'm on U.S. West, so it might help if you're on there or make an account there.)
-Hero Idea People (If you have an idea for a hero or something, I have a little form - fill-out thingy that you can see here: *HERE* with all the info I would need to turn it into a hero.)
-Jass Geeks (I'm trying to learn it, but someone much more experienced would help)
-Anyone with any type of skills (or lack thereof) that would like to contribute or help improve the map (Modelers, Skinners, Artists, Photoshopers, People who are good at clicking, Screenshotters, Insomniacs, Map Developers, Geeks of all Sizes, People with ideas, People who hate me, People who Stalk Me, People who Stalk Ben Stiller, ect...)

For a more detailed info thread with more detailed information, visit the project thread *HERE*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.