• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yet another terrorist bombing, Brussels this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Brussels, Belgium (CNN)Three explosions that ripped through Belgium on Tuesday killed at least 23 people, according to Belgian media, and raised the specter of terror once again in the heart of Europe.
Ten died in a blast at a subway station, according to two Belgian broadcasters. The other 13 were killed, in addition to 35 injured, in two blasts at Brussels' airport, reported public broadcaster VRT.
The Belgian Office of the King's Prosecutor described the airport blast, at least, as a suicide attack, according to state broadcaster RTBF.
At least one explosion there happened outside the security checkpoints for ticketed passengers and near the airline check-in counters, an airline official briefed on the situation said.
The subway station blast happened in the Brussels suburb of Maalbeek, near the European quarter, where much of the European Union is based, according to CNN affiliate RTL. All metro stations in the city have been closed, according to the official Twitter account for the city's transportation agency.

In addition to that precaution, authorities have raised the terror threat level in Belgium to four -- its highest. That step-up means army soldiers can be sent onto the streets to meet security needs.

Source

I'm very disappointed and sad that it's come to this again.
My deepest condolences to anyone who's involved in this (not the attackers tho).

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

I'm thinking about this terrorist bombing is connected to Abdeslam's arrest. Or it's some revenge bombing part :/ But I feel sorry for the victims.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
it's actually sad how I'm no longer fazed whenever I read about these events.

Yes, this is something that bothers me as well.

When I heard about this, I was like... Yeah, as you said, it's less shocking and disturbing than it should be by now.
As sad as it sounds, it feels more and more like one gets used to such things happening - and this is a terrible thing to happen, it kills our compassion, our sympathy, and, at some point, our very humanity itself. At least I feel like I'm losing mine.

Looking back at the day this happened and remembering my reaction and those of other people, I feel like my reaction was just... cold and not caring enough anymore. It is a fucking shame how the emotions get used to this kind of crap.

Fuck the terrorists, their supporters and scum that tries to gain something from such situations. Just fuck every single one of them.

I do not want to start the fight but the Belgium is one of the country that was paying those terrorists all the time. I am sad for the death of innocent people, but their government and politics are guilty for this.

What are you talking about? Don't make such claims just like that, else you risk people jumping at you for it.

Last edited:
Level 11
So this is what terroristic has become - just a casual day in our lives, the first time I stumped upon the recent knews I didn't even bother, everything seemed normal and I didn't even notice it until now.

A sad day for humanity indeed, my condolences to the victims and anyone who has been involved in this tragic event.

Level 11
Maybe if we stop bombing their countries, they will stop bombing ours...

It's a very sad event, may everyone who died in it rest in peace, including the attackers. What those people did is horrible, but with a society that constantly pushes some minorities to the side, its easy to see the incentives for committing those attacks. I am not condoning anything that happened, merely providing a different perspective.

In their eyes, what happened was probably justice for Western involvement (mostly by dropping bombs from aircraft) in Syria - the same way part of the Western society saw the war in Iraq and bombing of civilians with cruise missiles as justice for 9/11. It is a circle of retaliation upon retaliation, and unfortunately it is the common people that are caught in the crossfire.

Level 50

It's a very sad event, may everyone who died in it rest in peace, including the attackers. What those people did is horrible, but with a society that constantly pushes some minorities to the side, its easy to see the incentives for committing those attacks. I am not condoning anything that happened, merely providing a different perspective.

In their eyes, what happened was probably justice for Western involvement (mostly by dropping bombs from aircraft) in Syria - the same way part of the Western society saw the war in Iraq and bombing of civilians with cruise missiles as justice for 9/11. It is a circle of retaliation upon retaliation, and unfortunately it is the common people that are caught in the crossfire.

What I mean too.

Level 28
I'm thinking about this terrorist bombing is connected to Abdeslam's arrest. Or it's some revenge bombing part :/ But I feel sorry for the victims.

Apparently, this is the closest opinion for the case..., but revenge I don't think so, they're targeting the entire world by making demonstration upon certain countries to show the world what they're capable of.

This is not the problem, bombing them or not what will change?

Level 11
Apparently, this is the closest opinion for the case..., but revenge I don't think so, they're targeting the entire world by making demonstration upon certain countries to show the world what they're capable of.

I don't think its about revenge, not revenge for that guy's arrest. They probably feared that since they arrested that guy the police were getting close to them, so they felt like they had to act quickly.

Roland

R

Roland

People starting to rant in other social medias, So as other religions laughing about on the Belgian bombing, I could show you guys a picture of their comments translated in English, Although it has some bad content on it :/

Roland

R

Roland

ISIS Brussels attacks cell plotted radioactive bomb blast: Report

The radical jihadi cell that carried out the coordinated suicide bomb blasts on brussels international airport and a metro station may have been plotting to build a radiological bomb, according to nuclear officials. Eleven belgian nuclear workers have had their work authorization taken away because of fears of insider assistance to extremists, british daily newspaper the times reported on friday. In february, belgian investigators discovered a video tracking the movements of a man working in belgium’s nuclear industry during raids on houses of islamists with suspected links to november 2015’s paris attacks. The nuclear executive has been identified as a worker at the center for the study of nuclear energy in mol, northern belgium, who had access to radioactive material at belgium’s nuclear research center. Footage of him was taken by a hidden camera opposite his home. Belgian media outlets also reported that police had found information to suggest that militants were plotting an attack on a nuclear power plant. The discoveries raised fears that belgian extremists were attempting to build a dirty bomb to use against a populated target. An official at the belgian federal agency for nuclear control, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the times : “when you start filming someone in the way they did, the logical conclusion is that they wanted to abduct that person and to obtain radioactive material.” the official added that the attempts to build a dirty bomb were “the big question” facing counter-extremism authorities. Following raids on a jihadi network before the brussels attacks, in which a triple suicide bombing against the brussels international airport and a metro station left 31 people dead, seven employees of the tihange nuclear power plant in eastern belgium had their work entry passes revoked and, since the attacks, four more have had their passes removed. The belgian government and authorities have been criticized widely for their failure to prevent the attacks and two cabinet ministers, from the interior and justice briefs, offered their resignations following the worst attack in belgian history.

Level 35
I will only say that justice is coming for all the countries that are "spreading democracy". I think this is just a beggining. When the western countries bombed Sirya, Libia and many other countries there were not anyone that took guilty for the crimes they did. This also happened to my own country, they were killing our civilians, kids, everything. Forgive me, but I wish all those countries the feelings that my people had in those times. http://youtu.be/HxDcvhH2Ypc just watch this, what those terrorist did in Brussels is nothing compared to what NATO did to my country!

BOG JE SRBIN!

SRBIJA is the ONLY hope for Europe! YUGOSLAVIA MUST UNITE AND DEFEND AGAINST KEBAB INVASION!!!!!!!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
There is no justice in killing innocents, Stefan.K. Thinking otherwise is cold, cruel and, to be honest, a total dick move. I'll believe that you didn't mean it like that.
Look, if you really want to discuss such a thing, please open a thread in MT instead.
This thread is about the latest terrorist attack in Brussels, not about such things.

Level 35
I just want some answers. The reason of bombing us was our resources, good economy, we were some kind of country back then, if that didn't happen we would be 2 times better then usa, but that is not so acceptable for them, noon should be better then them.
Don't tell me after looking at this picture that I should 'respect' them. Please.
View attachment 153257

GLORIUS SRB men FIRST ON MARS!

8fa.png

Status
Not open for further replies.