• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chronicles of Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
New patches and new warcraft 2 map, also i created an in game group called "Chronicles of Azeroth official", join to find players easier, get latest news and participate in our events:

Warcraft 2:

New Map: One Way In, One Way Out. 1v1 map with destructible rocks in the middle.

Gameplay:

• The following player options will be automatically enabled/disabled:
  • simple ui disabled
  • alerts enabled
  • enemy unit selection enabled
  • cancel button fixed for training,researching and upgrading
  • reduced supply bonus on farms and town hall in modern gameplay mode from 6 to 3
  • peons and peasants can build wall now (hold shift to place multiple ones)
Spells:

• Invisibility and Unholy Armor properly kill Sappers and Demo Squads
  • units with Invisibility won't attack automatically and can not be detected
  • Death Knights and Mages won't auto attack or flee while casting Death and Decay and Blizzard
  • Death Knights and Mages won't be damaged by Death and Decay and Blizzard if they cast it on themselves
  • Death and Decay and Blizzard deal more damage
  • Death and Decay can target air and structures now
  • changed Polymorph hotkey to y
Art:

• Towers will change their actor
  • Replaced Elven Ranger model to help distinct it from Archers
  • Replaced Troll Berserker model to help distinct it from Axethrowers
  • Paladin heal actor fixed (again)
  • Paladin received glow to help distinct it from knight
  • Paladin movement speed actor slowed
  • death and decay received sound
  • changed the sound of blizzard
  • Church building birth fixed
  • added gold mine sound
Warcraft 1:

• The following options will be automatically enabled/disabled for every player:
  • simple UI disabled
  • enemy unit selection enabled
  • alerts enabled
  • Added walls to the game, you can build them from the Town Hall now
  • reduced train, building and research times
  • reworked casters: increased mana to 255 and changed the costs of the spells
  • reworked rain of fire ability: will cost 25/sec, won't damage caster and need caster to be alive and stand still
  • Cloud of Poison won't damage caster
  • summoned units won't instantly die when their timed life expired, instead they will take periodic damage

Attachments

• Terrain 024.jpg
    Terrain 024.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 181
Level 7
Added new patch, also uploaded the mods to NA server too Wc2:

• Repair Build Added, you can right click on structures under construction with workers to make construction faster for additional resources Wall cost, build time and hp adjusted to the original
  • Scout and Watch towers no more require Lumber Mill
  • Rune blink periodically
  • Invisibility won't create cloak distortion effect that busted invisible units to enemy
  • Invisibility will be properly removed if a caster use a spell
  • Unholy Armor, Flame Shield and Invisibility can target friendly and enemy units too.
Wc1:

• Invisibility won't create cloaking effect that busted invisible units
  • invisibility will be properly removed if a unit cast spell
  • Minor summoning reworked in classic gameplay mode to cast between 1-4 units depends on caster's mana
  • Wall placement model changed

Level 7
That looks like it will be interesting to play on.

A pet peeve of mine is when the player can reach the boundary with ground units - in this case where the roads end. Maybe add a physical barrier?

On the live version there are mountains around the edges, well except the roads, but maybe i can add something physical there too.

Level 7
Any news bro? :)

The good news is that my semester has ended and I passed every tests. Sadly it also means examination time comes, with 6 exams in January +1 tomorrow.

Anyway I already have a rough list of changes i want to do on the multiplayer part (one or two I already worked on). Most of the Warcraft 1 campaign maps have been converted to the latest version. Even managed to implement some basic AI for them. Also we have some WIP models so if everything turns right We will have some new arts in the mod next year.

Level 7
Finally I've got some time to show stuff here. I'm working hard on the coop mode, currently we have around 50+ new units and even 50+ new buildings too for the heroes. Also here are some WIP pictures from Terrains.

Attachments

• Terrain 009.jpg
    Terrain 009.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Terrain 005.jpg
    Terrain 005.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 133
  • Terrain 019.jpg
    Terrain 019.jpg
    649.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Terrain 018.jpg
    Terrain 018.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 149
  • Terrain 026.jpg
    Terrain 026.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Terrain 027.jpg
    Terrain 027.jpg
    776.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Terrain 031.jpg
    Terrain 031.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 130
Level 7
Its going great. At the moment we are focusing on the campaign. Percival is finishing the remaining two maps of the warcraft 1 campaign meanwhile I'm working on the Warcraft 2 TOD campaign (done the basic layout, objective, tech tree for the first 9 of the human campaign). Also there are new models for some of the Warcraft 1 human structures. Soon I will release a multiplayer patch for it which will also fix an issue with the raise dead autocast.

Level 7
Yes, I've got some :)

Attachments

• Screenshot2017-07-09 18_12_30.jpg
    Screenshot2017-07-09 18_12_30.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot2017-07-09 19_09_17.jpg
    Screenshot2017-07-09 19_09_17.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot2017-07-09 19_09_32.jpg
    Screenshot2017-07-09 19_09_32.jpg
    966.1 KB · Views: 177
Level 7
a new patch has been released along with a new map called swamp of sorrows.

full patch notes:

New map: Swamp of Sorrows

Gameplay:
- road size decreased from 2x2 to 1x1
- fixed an issue where multiple caster could raise dead from one corpse with autocast

Art:
-human ui has been added

new models have been added for the following Structures:
- Human Barracks
- Human Lumber-mill
- Stables
- Church
- Conjurer Tower
- Orc Barracks
- Orc Blacksmith
- Kennels

new icons and wireframes have been added for the following units:
-Archer
- Conjurer
- Water Elemental

Credit: Rommper, MiketheSspike, Orly, TwoDie, alleyviper85

Level 7
New Warcraft 2 patch has been released on both Eu and NA servers:

Gameplay:

-Ai players implemented. Computer players will train, build, research and send attack waves (note: naval ai will be implemented later on Fierce Ocean Combat)
-unlimited amount of peons/peasants can enter the gold mine at the same time.
-unlimited amount of oil tankers can enter the oil rigs at the same time.
-Shipyards received a short range correction rally point ability in classic mode to fix the issue when ships couldnt leave shipyards.
-fixed an issue with Death Knight - Raise Dead autocast where multiple unit could raise a dead from the same corpse
-Death Knight - Death Coil launch a missile before its impact effects
-fixed an issue with Paladin - Heal autocast where paladins locked on a target indefinitely

Art:

-human ui has been added
-new art has been added for Death and Decay
-new models have been added for Troll Berserker, Submarine, Human Transport ship
-Mage model has been improved.

other undocumented changes

credit: AlleyViper, Triceron, Orly, TaylorMouse, TwoDie, Rommper, MiketheSspike, Percyval, Scars of Conflict

Level 7
New Warcraft 2 patch has been released on Eu and Na:

Gameplay:
-melee units are able to attack naval structures now
-catapults/ballistas won't auto-attack if it would cause friendly fire. You can still order them manually to attack such targets
-Fixed an issue where Mage - Fireball would change direction.
-Fixed an issue where some player didn't get corrector rally point for shipyards in classic mode

Level 7
New Warcraft 1 patch has been released on EU and NA with a new map:

Gameplay:
-Ai players implemented. Computer players will train, build, research and send attack waves.(Swamp of Sorrows will get attack waves later)
-all units except catapults got 20% chance to miss their attack.
-unlimited amount of peons/peasants can enter the gold mine at the same time.
-fixed an issue with Cleric - Heal autocast where Clerics locked on a target indefinitely
-Catapults will no more auto-attack enemies if it leads to friendly fire. You can still manualy order them to attack such targets

Maps:
-New Map: Whispering Forest.
- Location of the bridges has become visible on the minimap for Swamp of Sorrows.

Models:
New models have been added for Human Town Hall and Blacksmith

Attachments

• Terrain 014.jpg
    Terrain 014.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 110
Level 7
We are looking for your opinion! We are testing increased unit collision to prevent the formation of "death balls". Of course it means the units need more manual orders for a good pathing. In order to participate and tell your opinion, please play 1-2 matches on the newly added map: "Coa Wc2 collision test"

Level 7
I did some changes on the Collision Test map to make the testing easier:
-Town Halls and Farms provide 200 supply
-all player start with 990000 resources
-all units are trained instantly
-all structures are built instantly
-all researches are done instantly

Level 1
Been following this for a couple of days now, and i must say that i am very impressed! Are we getting any updates soon? I can't wait to try one of the campaigns out, this mod is the only reason i'm buying Starcraft 2, so excited! Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Level 1
In case you were not aware, access to the arcade (custom maps) part of StarCraft II is completely free. In fact even WoL campaign is now completely free. One only needs to buy HotS or LotV if one wants to use the map editor.

Thank you for pointing that out, i was not aware :)

Level 7
Been following this for a couple of days now, and i must say that i am very impressed! Are we getting any updates soon? I can't wait to try one of the campaigns out, this mod is the only reason i'm buying Starcraft 2, so excited! Keep up the good work.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Thank you Marius, We are glad you are liking our mod. As Dr Super Good said you don't have to buy Starcraft 2 in order to play with any recent or future part of our mod.

As for news, I have a minor bad one and some good ones too. The bad one is that there won't be any new releases until February for sure. My January is full of exams I have to focus on. The good news is that we are really close to finish the Warcraft 1 campaign, the planned first release is around this spring. We have all the 24 maps with working objectives, briefing. Enemies are training, researching and sending attack waves, using spells etc. In February I start to finish the leftover things for it: Finishing the menu and score-screen, add a bank system to store progress, tuning the attack waves after testing results. Also I will look through the mod to correct anything the new Starcraft 2 patches may changed to have an up to date mod with the campaign release. Also we have the basic layout and objectives for 12/14 human and 7/14 orc maps of the Warcraft 2-Tides of Darkness campaign.

Level 7
as February is here We continue to work on the mod. Some cool stuff you may like.

Attachments

• Screenshot2018-02-05 08_25_11.jpg
    Screenshot2018-02-05 08_25_11.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot2018-02-08 02_56_23.jpg
    Screenshot2018-02-08 02_56_23.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot2018-02-08 10_39_26.jpg
    Screenshot2018-02-08 10_39_26.jpg
    751.8 KB · Views: 158
  • wdq.gif
    wdq.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 182
Level 1
Sweet updates! Only one question (and forgive me if this was answered somewhere else, I couldn't find it :( ), but is there any way of playing what's currently made out of the W1 campaign? I could only find the multi maps in the SC2 arcade. Thanks!

Edit: or perhaps to help out with testing the maps :D

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Any news? I'm very eager to play the WC2 campaigns especially. Also, please make the wall model taller. I realise dimensions aren't going to be realistic in a Warcraft RTS, but at least make it so the wall is taller than the units. At the moment the knight can see to the other side of a wall, which is not good.

Level 7
Any news? I'm very eager to play the WC2 campaigns especially. Also, please make the wall model taller. I realise dimensions aren't going to be realistic in a Warcraft RTS, but at least make it so the wall is taller than the units. At the moment the knight can see to the other side of a wall, which is not good.

As I promised I think we can release the first version of the Warcraft 1 campaign this May. Also I will have some surprise to the people.

Sweet updates! Only one question (and forgive me if this was answered somewhere else, I couldn't find it :( ), but is there any way of playing what's currently made out of the W1 campaign? I could only find the multi maps in the SC2 arcade. Thanks!

Edit: or perhaps to help out with testing the maps :D

Hello, they aren't available anywhere atm, we plan to release the first version this May. If we need some sort of testing I'll send you a pm.

Level 7
Ooooh, nice.

EDIT: so how do you install this? Would be good if you could specify the file paths.

I should show on the download page but: Download the Mods zip file and unpack it to your Starcraft 2 installation, then do the same with the Maps. Then you will find a map called wc1menu under your starcraft 2 installation/Maps/Warcraft 1 folder. Open it in the Starcraft 2 Map Editor and hit file-> test document. to access the menu. Each time you win on a map your progress will be stored under the documents/Starcraft 2/Banks in a file called Coawc1bank, so each time you run the menu you will see the already unlocked chapters.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I should show on the download page but: Download the Mods zip file and unpack it to your Starcraft 2 installation, then do the same with the Maps. Then you will find a map called wc1menu under your starcraft 2 installation/Maps/Warcraft 1 folder. Open it in the Starcraft 2 Map Editor and hit file-> test document. to access the menu. Each time you win on a map your progress will be stored under the documents/Starcraft 2/Banks in a file called Coawc1bank, so each time you run the menu you will see the already unlocked chapters.

Are there any known bugs or missing features making this a "beta", or is that label just to be on the safe side? :) In either case, congratulations on release! It is sad that Blizzard hasn't made a more meaningful ingame interface menu integration of custom campaigns in Starcraft 2. I mean, we've had it for years in Warcraft 3, so I don't see why they haven't added it to SC2.

Level 7
Are there any known bugs or missing features making this a "beta", or is that label just to be on the safe side? :) In either case, congratulations on release! It is sad that Blizzard hasn't made a more meaningful ingame interface menu integration of custom campaigns in Starcraft 2. I mean, we've had it for years in Warcraft 3, so I don't see why they haven't added it to SC2.

As of gameplay not really. In the future I plan to improve ai here and there and Temple of the Damned map didn't receive one yet because of the crash. And of course I will adjust balance according to feedback and fix reported bugs.

Left out/missing stuff: There are a few extra maps I'm working on that you could unlock by playing the campaign, but as your progress stored I can add them later without the necessity to replay the campaigns. Also planed to create an in-game chronicle with unlockable informations about the characters, events, retcons etc for those who are interested in lore.

other: As always arts will be added continuously. Plan to improve some visuals (like score screen is functional but it didn't get the final look).

Thank you. Yeah, would be cool if they finally put a campaign support into Starcraft 2. Last time they rumoured they might do this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.