• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spearman v7

Made by Blizzard, Animated from scratch by Arisaitou Boned by Arisaitou!
My first contribution to the hiveworkshop!
Hope you guys like it!

Any comments just post it here..

(PS: THE WALK ANIMATION would look crappy i guess?)

V2Update:
-Added 2 animations!
->Attack Slam
->Spell 1
V3Update:
-Added a portrait(YAY)
-Fixed some bugs thanks to Ampharos 222

V4Update:
-Fixed some issues (look at mod's comment for what i've fixed)
-Now every animation should look fine because the spear is attached and added an attachment!

V5Update:
-Added somekind of tail to the spear's blade replacing the old stuff there

V6(1.6)
-Fixed some issues on (feet diggin' ground LOL)
-Thanks to anarchianbedlam for reporting bugs
->Failures:
->Unable to rename the model T_T

V7
-I have...fixed everything!

enjoy it and feel free to edit it's model and do not re-animate it without my permission

Keywords:
Spearman, Arthas Spear, Spears, Spear warrior, lancer, Warrior, Britney Spear ?, Trollolllol Spear, Imperial, King, Prince, Lich King.
Contents

Spearman v7 (Model)

Spearman v7 (Model)

Reviews
01:43, 25th Feb 2011 anarchianbedlam: the stand, attack, attack2, and attack slam anims look fine, but the death animation is too slow (hes flies back and then floats in the air). In the Spell1, stand2, and stand victory animations arthas isnt even...

M

01:43, 25th Feb 2011
anarchianbedlam: the stand, attack, attack2, and attack slam anims look fine, but the death animation is too slow (hes flies back and then floats in the air).
In the Spell1, stand2, and stand victory animations arthas isnt even holding the spear. The spear is flying out of his hands and floating around in front of him doing flips'n'shit. And the walk animation needs work. It looks like he's falling.

Dont be discouraged, its a good idea, but the animations do need some work.

UPDATE: well you just moved the spear closer to his hands... i guess thats fine. but the walk animation still needs work. and now his feet are digging into the ground. Also, change the model name with magos>edit>model properties. right now it says "Name"

UPDATE2: DONT update your model until you've tried to fix all the problems.

UPDATE3: Well you still haven't changed the walk animation and it still needs work. but i guess its approvable.

Level 49
i'm also not in favor for the texture of the spear. also, it looks really weird with him spinning along with the spear on the stand victory animation. the spear goes all the way through his body on the stand - 2 and attack - 2 animation, but its not really noticeable in-game. but i like the attack - 1 and walk animation. 3/5

EDIT: why the hell did you upload same model for the portrait file? fix that

Level 27
This is a really good idea. :)
Keep doing stuff like this.

For a bit of constructive criticism though, i dont like the side spikes on the spear.
They look out of place, and they arent really realistic as no spear would have such spikes as they hinder the spear's penetration rather than cause more damage. Also makes it harder to handle and reduces flight speed if thrown.

Apart from that, this looks pretty delicious.
-Dragonson

Level 6
thanks, but i think the spear should remain like that

+rep for helping >.<

and of course i'll try to modify it's spike to look realistic abit(i'll try googling)

PS:the spike is usually used by knights of japans

Spear + spike + long stick = KILLING tool (well in japan i guess... and because japanese trained warriors have strong muscles(i'm no japanese))

Level 27
OHH, right. Those spears.
But those are used more like axes.
Doenst work for stabbing things like this guy does. :)

EDIT: Just noticed Skippers comment.
Seriously, that makes no sense.
If you wanna tell someone they're horrible you gotta have a valid argument my good sir. :p

Level 5
Well mixing Arthas with pike isnt a true good idea because of the way how he hold the spear...
perhaphs you could use the Tauren Chieftain for that...

Or instead of a spear or pike, you could use a halberd just like the Tauren Chieftain's Weapon :ogre_haosis:
Anyway, looks good, and i will test it

You could also add a some more screenshots, seeing him by all the sides

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Well, im not offensive to you, but you should read the description, where says: "Give Credit to my work"
This means that you can use, but need to give him the credits...

Originally posted by "yvx"
:vw_wtf: you can't select it without puting it in a group i think u should update

Well, what you wanna mean with that??

Level 5
well just saying...
i say because i dont even know how make models and skins, so if i dont give credits, people stay requesting me things that i dont even know lol
but anyway, its your choice Arisaitou

Level 5
well, you surelly dont care of credits, there are some chances to be claimed by other persons without credits...
but like i said, i did never claim something thats not mine, or people keep questining, requesting, and saying bullshits (sorry if that is a bad word :( but was needed)

Las

Las

Level 2
Thanks for your suggestion.
Can you tell the meaning of "credits"?