• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue regarding the W3 Model Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there,

I'm trying to remove the hero glow from the beastmaster.mdx model. I always disliked that glow. So I opened up my trusty model editor and now I got this.

http://i.imgur.com/TQQ5N4h.jpg

(Edit: Made it a link because the picture was too large)

Kind of hard to get the hero glow without corrupting the file. Am I missing something? I tried a re-download and importing all the teamglow00-15.blp's from the War3.mpq to bypass any referencing mistakes of the program, but it didn't help.

Does somebody know how to fix this?

Last edited:
Level 3
War3 Model Editor is made by Magos... I think were talking about the same program. I just remember doing this several years ago with this exact program and back then it displayed the hero glow correctly. Its not the same PC anymore, too.

Level 3
Tried it already. I know how to remove the glow from a hero, its just this bug or whatever it is that keeps me from doing it again. Whenever I just guess which geoset represents the glow and import the 'finished' model it crashes the map.

Level 3
I'm trying to fix my W3 model editor and in the end to remove hero glows again yeah.

Sorry, I didn't completely read that tutorial you posted. I might actually try it next time I need to remove the glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.