• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lotr Builder The 4th Age 3.0

Before you test this game please keep in mind that im currently trying to reblance evrything cause imo things are not balanced plz keep me noticed on what should be balanced and so on thanks very much to evryone who says this you will get +thanks in my map under the f9 credits that i shall make.

Credits to:

The hiveworkshop and almost all of its modelers since if used so many models i can't really remember wich modeler made what model im sorry for this also thanks to evryone who helped me and is helping me. i might find it out who made the models if its necesarry. Also excuse me for my terrible english

It has been a long long time when i made my last Lotr Builder who whas known under the name of dwarfwarlord and dwarf-warlord and finally i_bring_doom wich all of them are my old account names. If planed on making a new Lotr Builder named Lotr Builder The 4th Age wich has new units you've havent seen in lotr before now this indeed screws up the real story of Lotr but for the people who want somthing new it inproves a lot.

The game: As som of you might know Lotr builder used to have 10 different races to pick from now its going to have 11 the new race shall be named The Gollomers wich are basicly a race made by Gollum who returned from Mount Doom more of this can be read below since if made a small story out of this. Lotr Builder plays as following: Player red picks a game mode you got 3 of those on the moment including normal/fast/good vs evil the fast mode gives faster gold income and so on and good vs evil is like 5 vs 6 players who are allied and enemy and so on. When you play normal mode you start by picking a race one of the 11 (on the moment 10) and than type -bases to see where bases are on the map in order to pick one and start building your base. You get income by making farms or slaughterhouses depending on your race you can type -income in order to see how much income you'll have you shall see 2 incomes the above one and the below one wich shows the upgraded farms or slaughterhouses income and the normal one. After you made income its time to make a trading post wich allows to make certain units who are usefull during the game like the spy wich is invisible and can go into a enemy base and spy or the merchant unit who gives you a lumber income in order to inprove your army by increasing the attack or defense and so on. After you've made this its time to protect your base and make troops now som races are able to make a tower right from the start and others need a blacksmith (building) in order to do so this building can just be made so don't wurry. Evry race has 2 different unit buildings the 1st tier and 2nd tier you need to make the tier 1 first in order to make the stronger unit building. Evry race has different units with different specialtys like for example Mordor has very strong troops but they cost a lot of food and they can make the ring ghosts (only 9 of them) while the Eastern Kingdom (harad) is able to make the mumakil who can only be made once but is extremly strong and not so easy to kill and costs lots of gold/food. Now the main goal of this game is to let your leader not get killed and kill the other leaders in order to win the game.

Races:

Gondor: Known for its special troops like the Gandalfs Firework experiment and so on.

Rohan: A basic army who is fast cause of its mounts and good for rushing.

Ents: Have a lot of armor and HP in order to survive a little bit longer

Ghosts: A strong race wich has the Ghost Cold archer in order to freeze buildings and bring down enemy defenses they also have the Watcher who used to protect moria in the movies (if you watched them)

Dwarfs: Good attacking units the Dwarf cannon is able to destroy trees to make more ways and has the flame wisperer who has a extremly fast attack but is only strong in big troops.

Harad: One of the strongest races but also one of the most expensive ones they can make the Harad dun worm and Mumakil in order to protect themselfs and bring fear to all others.

Moria: Good in a big number they also can make Shelob

Elfs: They are good when it comes to ranged battles like for example one of the units can fire 2 arrows at once

Gollomers (under construction) : No information yet (suggestions allowed)

o btw please keep in mind the terrain is not good and the game is still unbalanced in my opinion and so on plz give me suggestions on how to inprove and tell me any bugs and so on.

Keywords:
Lotr Builder,Lotr,Builder
Contents

Lotr Builder The 4th Age 3.0 (Map)

Reviews
23:29, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 18
i am i_bring_doom so dont wurry about that and about the Gollomers well here it go's.

@ImperialShadow well Gollumers are the army of Gollum i kinda brought him back to live in my game although im not sure how yet thats why i didnt made that race yet all i can say about that race now is that it will have weird creatures like for example Crudge its a earth like creature who is very weak but yet able to copy himself at the cost of all its mana. Sorry that i don't have much information about this yet.

Level 4
played it on LAN earlier (as elves) and it was good fun!

can't really make useful balancing suggestions, ended up not playing long enough. (other people quit...) however, whilst playing I did take a look around and I can make the following comments and recommendations:

On the upside:
# - I like the 'capture base' idea where you secure your base with the circle of power. helps against rushers!

# - bases are big enough (well, Mirkwood was!)

# - Lots of races with many units and spells, good variety!

however, as you said, it needs some fixing. Here are some things you might want to take note of:

# - why are Roadway Towers so expensive?

# - map missing Helm's Deep, unless i'm seriously mistaken...

# - how do merchants work? where are these 'trade goods'? does he sell them automatically?

# - map needs a model/skin makeover (I played as elves and all the archers are women, even Legolas. There are some good male archers in skins & models here on THW, also the Baradur Tower (Mordor Tower) is here too)

# - check existing doodads. (E.g. in the base on the left, south of Gray Havens, i think?) the wall/battlements ('low wall's' on cliff edge) are sunken into the ground)

# - maybe split up the hero start locations more, so people don't start together

# - why are there meteor's falling onto Osgilliath?

# - this map is huge, maybe consider implementing the 'squad system' to better control armies (it's here on THW, in 'Spells' i think...)

Some terraining suggestions:

try brush over large patches of the same terrain with a different kind of tileset to break it up a bit. (e.g. in Mirkwood, use other types of grass ontop of the current grass, think camouflage patterns!) [Note: this is not gonna be fun to do, but it will be worth it!]

add more doodads, (rocks, grass, bushes, single trees etc) the terrain is a bit bland. (download a UTM map and import some more doodad models or download some doodad packs. change the trees, definitely change the trees!)

'Randomize' height field more, Middle earth seems a bit flat... (e.g. make hills leading up to mountains)

Make use of regions and weather effects. (do this to add effects as opposed to making meteors and lightning in Mordor)

all in all, this map was fun. I will play it again!

Level 7
here the report i play with my fren.the tree too imba and why the uruk hai d cant increase damage after we upgarde it and also the armor i 0?WTF so imbalanced my vote is rejected

Level 18
@imperialshadow dont be so harsh the map can still have bugs and mistakes besides that i shall fix that soon. +rep for noticing though

@ ikillu Now to get on the part of Roadway towers anyone has a suggestion on how much they should cost im feeling like 1000 would be enough. About the model skin make over hmm ye i indeed think they need som the only problem is it will increase the mapsize and i dont think much people would like that but i shall think about it besides that all your other points are correct and i shall fix them. Btw about the osgiliath thing it just thought it would give a destructive feeling to the base o and about the merchants they give you a lumber income automaticly shall change the description of that unit. About the terrain your right but it would cost space and i dont want my map to take ages to download thats kinda why the terrain is the way it is now but i shall see what i can do (btw im usually not such bad terrainer xD my profile is the prove) Anyway i really appriciate your feedback enough information so +rep

@imperialshadow btw their is a thing called edit post so plz dont double post again.

Info: If already finished fixing the isengard isue and road tower thing im working on the other things on the moment.

Last edited:
Level 4
@ Dr. House

RE: Tower - 1000 seems good, 1500 maybe (they do have 100 damage)
RE: Map Size - Max Multi-Play size is 8MB right? You still have plenty of space... ; ) If they aren't gonna wait for it, screw 'em!

the actual world is not exact... (though I'm sure you realize this xD) i'm referring to things like the Misty Mountains (or rather lack of them) and the 'channel/alley' behind Minas Tirith etc. I'm guessing this is to make it more playable (easier to move armies around etc...), but having some narrow points could be cool.

maybe consider changing the bottom bits ('easterling/desert lands' south of Mordor) into 'cave systems' (e.g. Moria/Shelob's lair etc.). Then use waygates to port units in (e.g. turn 'Moria Gate' into the actual portal). This will free up some space in the 'world'. [possible problem = army size..?!]

use of 'creep' units. maybe add a few renegades to the land.... Things like trolls/goblins/human bandits/exiled dwarfs/wolves/bears etc. just extra things to kill to get your hero to not level 1 in the first fight..

As always, my words are my opinion.....
I'll keep you updated if I find any other issues.
Good Luck & +REP

Level 18
thanks very much it was usefull although im a bit wurried about adding neutral units cause of the fact that your leader might die when you try to search for a base. besides that i didn´t really understand what you mean about adding waygates and so on maybe explain it to me in a pm but if im right you mean that i should make it easyr for units to get to certain areas anyway thanks for the +rep and feedback.

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Has a quest menu
- Enough races to pick

Negative features:

- The terrain is lacking at some points
- Could use a leaderboard / multiboard
- What's the point of the buildings that cost like a million gold?

Additional Information / Conclusion:

Overall the maps is good, but there's room for improvement.

Rating: 3/5
Vote for:
Approved

Level 5
Okay i played once and it was damn good
i played with 3 other people and there was 2 elves
Here is some suggestions
1.The Archers (the one with multishot) on the elves that has heroic armor and heroic attack. you should remove the heroic things because they are hard 2 kill when they do not have weaknessess like heroes
2.put a limit on farms. and/or maybe income.
3.people just steal each others bases using spies. maybe you should do something about it.
4.Base towers should not be invulnurable maybe when they are destroyed they turn into rubble(invulnurable structure) that can be upgraded into a tower again(will cost some golds)
5.units cost too much food maybe 1 food per unit and 2 food per strong units or races perks.
6.gates will be appreciated.
7.there should be more levels on weapon armor upgrades.
8.ultimate spy= useless(ordinary spy is better) , ultimate dwarf tower thingy(the tower that costs 10000 gold and does 8 damage at a fast(not so very fast) speed.)=useless , adn there are alot of other items/buildings that cost alot but is weak and useless
9.there should be a tower limit to. and maybe a magic sentry ugrade(sees invinsible units)
10.there should be upgrades for towers 2

Level 3
I like how there are lots of races to choose from and a variety of races, but there are tons of grammar errors in the tooltips. You could try fixing some of the tooltips that I had trouble understanding due to poor grammar. =)

Level 2
Is this still open? Because if so I've got a few weird balancing suggestions.
First is as above grammar and spelling, more important to help noobs.
Second is perhaps some kind of ten-of limit on some of the specials? Dwarf snipers and cannons can create an untouchable block for example, (We had a 4 v 1 at the end, and dwarves still won)
Finally gollumers are all kinds of weird, can we have a tribe for hillmen and their ilk as the name? Dundlein or something? Use same units, just add men as well