• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unnamed RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, Hive!

I have recently been thinking about creating an RPG. It would have a lot of unique features and would (of course) require a massive amount of work. I have created an outline of some of these planned unique features.

A. Different Starting Races
1. Human, Elf, and Dragonlizard so far
2. Different starting areas for each race.
3. Special attributes with each race

B. Different Mounts
1. Horses, Gryphons, Ravens, Pegasi, etc.
2. Add special attributes to the hero
3. Have negative effects aswell

C. Weapon System
1. Only low-level weapons can be bought at stores, and have level-based requirements
2. Broken weapons (unusable and costly to repair) along with Destroyed weapons (Unusable and unable to be repaired) are rair drops from regular units, much less usable ones.
3. Bosses usually drop the best weapons
4. In addition, theres are (so far) 7 secret weapons, found only in the most dangerous and hidden places in the world

D. Revival System
1. If you have a cleric, monk, priest, etc. in your group, he can ressurect you.
2. If you do not, one option is to ressurect at the nearest graveyard and fighting your way out
3. If you do not, one option is to ressurect at the same location without your inventory items
4. If you do not, one option is to go to heaven or the Damned Acropolis and wait 5 minutes to go back into the game (Has a training room that does not give experience so that you don't get bored, is also a town)
5. If you do not, one option is to be ressurected in town without your inventory or equipped items. You can get the items back by visiting your local Collector and paying for them

E. Gold/Lumber/Food System
1. Gold is gold.
2. Lumber is Materials.
3. Food is Population

F. Creep Revival System
1. Bosses do not revive, but can be revived by you if you visit Heaven or the Damned Acropolis without being killed.
2. Creeps revive (as usual in RPGs)
3. Sub-Bosses revive at graveyards in the area, and will go back to their patrol routes.

G. Extra Areas
-Usually when you visit the Damned Acropolis or Heaven, you are dead. However when you visit them without dieing, 2 entrances are opened. They lead to the Eternal Battlefields. In Heaven, a portal is opened to the Aether, which consists of 3 areas to be conquered, the creeps here do not revive until the area is conquered or you are defeated. The first area is Divistine (Div-Is-Teen), which consists of Angels and Vastrins. The second area is Kurrlav's Plateau (Curl-Av's) it consists of Angels, Vastrins, Hipantheons, and Royal Rithguards, along with Kurrlav, a boss-like sub-boss. The third area is Rinoth (Rye-Noth). In Rinoth, there are slain angels and holy blood all of the place. Fallen deities also swarm around it. Your enemies here are Deathswarms (Insect-like Men), Muraka (Bird-like Men), and the boss, Ragnarok. In the Damned Acropolis, there is a portal to the nether. There are 4 areas in the nether. The first is the Fallen Outcrops. Necromancers and the animates of the dead are found here. The second is The City of the Damned, Demons, Devils, Hellgoats, and other vile creatures are found here. The third is The Mouth fo Hell, a crack in the Earth that descends into pit of lava. Flamebeasts are found here. The fourth and final is Maakaan (Muk-On). It consists of the most vile creatures and the most unknown, including the boss Sifrenay. When both are completed, a new land it unlocked known as "The Shining City". This contains the hardest creeps and bosses in the game. It has 7 areas through a portal in the back known as "The Vortex." Among these 7 areas ares 19 sub-bosses, 13 bosses and a "Last Stand" area.

H. Morph System
1. Since there will be little starting races, you can "morph" into other races
EX: The Abyssal Race (Revenants)
Morpher: Emerin The Soulstealer
Found: The Sulfrous Mists (Dungeon)
Cost: 7500 Gold
2. The cost will usually not be gold.

I will not be able to do everything here, as that would take years and I do not have the knowledge of some aspects of the World Editor. Even know it will probably take years. I will need some:
Modellers (At least 1 hard-worker or many willing to contribute 1-2 models)
Skinner (At least 1 hard-worker or many willing to contribute 1-2 models)
Atleast 2 Other Terrainers (I myself am a major one. You must be very good and must provide atleast 5-6 images of your terrain. If you have none, or not enough contact me about the matter privately.)
Brainstormer, can have as many possible (Ideas, I myself will be a major one)
JASSers (I don't know very good JASS)
Loading Screen Sketcher

Thank you! And if you are going to participate, please comment below or send me a private message, please DO NOT send me visitor messages! :cool:

Last edited:
Level 6
As i'm working on an ORPG too..
I like your idea as well!
It seems like a good plan!
I might help once if you want in terraining/triggerings,
As u please.
I wish you a lot of luck!

Level 5
Okay....Well I am not very good at terrain...but I must tell you I excel mostly at triggering. 1 of my successful maps can be found by clicking this link http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/wow-dungeons-deadmines-cataclysm-162366/

Anyways if you need someone for triggers then I'm the guy, and if I need screenshots to prove it let me know...

PS: I am currently working on something like an RPG, but different, as it follow a certain storyline. It is 'The Nether Realm' under Project Recruitment.

*EDIT*
BTW Your ideas do seem cool, but some may be near impossible. I can also be an Idea person :D

I can also make some sketches of the weapon designs you may want and share them with you so you can share them with the modelers so they can make the weapon(that was a confusing sentence o.o)

Level 5
Well I have a program to make models but I don't really understand how to make 1....If i was told how to make one in the model maker I have...I could be one....

And what do you mean by 'Animator'....there are many different types...list the one you need o.o

Level 12
By animator I mean somebody who can give custom animations to models.

By the way, you're hired for sketches/ideas, thanks!

Level 12
Hmmmm, right now I have only like 1 thing. The first boss's dagger. You can probably draw it by its description.

Shiverfrost
Weapon Type: Dagger
Special: Freezes Enemies
Extra: Actually has 3 extra sharp ends on it. Above the hilt, the dagger goes straight then turns out, making one sharp end. It continues up again, then has another curve and a sharp end. It continues up once more and reaches a pointy tip, and right below it is another curve. Also, it has small runes implanted in it.

Level 5
Hmmmm, right now I have only like 1 thing. The first boss's dagger. You can probably draw it by its description.

Shiverfrost
Weapon Type: Dagger
Special: Freezes Enemies
Extra: Actually has 3 extra sharp ends on it. Above the hilt, the dagger goes straight then turns out, making one sharp end. It continues up again, then has another curve and a sharp end. It continues up once more and reaches a pointy tip, and right below it is another curve. Also, it has small runes implanted in it.

Ahah! K...sounds a bit difficult if it's not how I think it goes...but I'll upload it hopefully tonight and we'll see!

Level 5
Umm tell me as many ideas as you have, I can fit A LOT on this paper. I finished the dagger(it's a little long but awesome) And I will need to know if you will want it colored

OH IDEA!

How about the boss uses some other sort of shield for protection....(Frost Shield, Hail Shield, Frozen Buckler, etc., choose one!)

Level 12
Shield of Chaosfrost
Weapon Type: Shield
Special: Can stun every enemy unit around it every 10 seconds for 2 seconds. Also can Paralyze with a 10% chance for 10 seconds.
Extra: Similar to the dagger. It is basically a normal shield at the bottom. At the top there are 5 points. They are symmetrical. Basically, continue with the shield shape until you reach the top, make a point and go down, leading up to another point. This will be on both side. In the middle is the last point. In the middle of the shield is a symmetrical Black Dragon pattern, and 2 purple-pink forcefield-like things that if stricken, paralyze an opponent.

Level 12
I've got the starting area regions ready.

Starting Areas
Human - Silverstride (Village)
Dragonlizard - Makani (Village)
Elf - Riverleaf (Village)

Regions
Human - Kingdom of Safrian (Kingdom)
Dragonlizard - Marsh of Muka (Link of Villages)
Elf - Hollowtree (Link of Villages)

Main Region
Name - Cirn

Surrounding Areas to Starting Area
Human - Fort Mathin (Fort), Katham's Moat (Village), The Blubbery Phantom (Ship), Bandit's Road (A link of 4 small villages), Onstag's Ambush (Village by Ravine), Furpelt's Dwelling (Inhabited Cave), Kelsarin (City)
Dragonlizard - Dragonlizards have a special system of villages. They divide them into Sub-Regions, usually named similarily. It is a bad system, because if one village falls, usually the rest dies of starvation due to each village having a specific job.
Sub-Region: Mahan
Villages: Mok, Mook, Moonok, Mokon
Sub-Region: Mosov
Villages: Mek, Meheek, Mekin, Mes
Sub-Region: Senalin
Village: Sen, Senal, Senk
FORTS
Mahan - Ikt
Mosov - Mifka
Senalin - Ralmk
Elf - In Progress...
Neutral/Hostile Regions: Torture's Tablet (Dungeon), Mikaal's Grave (Unmarked Area), Shipwreck (Dungeon), Baron's Demise (Dungeon), Cave of Eternals (Ever's Cave)

Last edited:
Level 12
Thats just the plan for them, they havn't been started until today. Right now I'm importing some extra doodads then starting it. But I will have screenshots as soon as possible.

Also, Loading Screen scetcher is now on the recruitment list.

Last edited:
Level 12
It doesn't really matter to me.

My original plan was to have a Draconian with a longbow aiming at a murloc with transparent images of a worgen with a longsword and a demon with a staff on top of it, but I'd like to see yours. Can you upload your sketches yet?

Capitals List (So Far)

HUMAN NATIONS
Kethian Empire - Keth
Sivilgard - Araman
Safrian - Kelsarin

DRAGONLIZARD NATIONS
Syrth - Mathir
Ugaal - Uund

ELF NATIONS
Malorith - Arrowleaf
Minthal - Fort Mianthra

Last edited:
Level 12
I've been looking for some music I could add on to the map and found this - let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• Highland_Vista.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
  • The_Awakening.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • haunted01.mp3
    971.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DayVolcanic02.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • DayJungle01.mp3
    903.1 KB · Views: 83
Level 12
I restarted, and I no longer need sketches.

EDIT: Can a mod please delete this? Most of the people quit and I restarted so I'd rather make a new thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.