• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project XT-74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project XT-74
Project%20XT-74.jpg

Project%20XT-74%202.jpg

-Experimental Weapons-
Information
A battle arena map, allows 8 players at a time.
It is based around the XT-74's a new experimental machine of war, they are designed to adapt to almost all threats.
An elite group of commanders and their battalions are to test these machines.
The machines can all be customly made with differant offensive and defensive weaponry as well as switch defensive weapons mid-combat.
Offensive Weapons

Key:
> = Cone shape or 90o
O = Circle or 360o
- = 50 range

Missile launcher:
Attack range: ----------
Attack type: >
Max number equiped per Tank: 6
Damage: 10
Attack speed: 2
Counter: Point defence
Drawbacks: none
Power used: 2 per fire
Other affects: none

Artillary:
Attack range: --------------------
Max number equiped per Tank: 2
Damage: 40
Attack speed: 3
Counter: none
Drawbacks: Inaccurate, while equiped no defencive weaponry allowed or sheild
Power used: 5 per fire
Other affects: none

Emp charge:
Attack range: -------
Attack type: O
Max number equiped per Tank: 2
Damage: 0
Attack speed: 4
Counter: Feedback pulse
Drawbacks: Cannot deal any damage to enemy tanks
Power Used: 10 per fire
Other Affects: Decreases enemy power by 30 when hit, goes through sheild.

Main cannon:
Attack Range: ------------
Max number equiped per Tank: 1
Damage 20
Attack speed: 1
Counter: None
Power used: 15 per fire
Other affects: these automatically are equiped to all tanks with no cost to unlock.

Machine Guns:
Attack Range: ----------
Max number equiped per Tank: 4
Damage: 5
Attack speed: 0.5
Counter: Bullet proof armour
Power used: 1 per fire
Drawbacks: Cannot harm sheild or go trough it.
Other affects: Extra damage against Sheild generators.

Since all units appear to only have one it basically increases the speed as well as allow multiple targets at a time the 'more' of each you have. The main cannon or primary weapon is differant for all Tanks.
Defensive Weapons

Key:
> = Cone shape or 90o
O = Circle or 360o
- = 50 range
Null = Instant kill

Point Defence:
Attack Range: ------
Attack Type: O
Max number per Tank: 2
Damage: Null
Attack speed: 0.75
Counters: Missile Launcher
Power used: 2 per fire
Other affects: can only attack Missiles fired from missile launchers

Shield Booster:
Attack range: none
Attack type: none
Damage: none
Attack speed: none
Counters: all weapons
Power used: 0
Other affects: Boosts the strength of the sheild as well as increases recovery time

Feedback pulse:
Attack range: Equivlent to initial Emp charge
Damage: 0
Attack speed: instant
Counters: Emp Charge
Power used: 5 per use
Drawbacks: May counter Emp however will quickly drain power if theres too many blasts to counter.
Other affects: Upon firing back will decrease the initial fireing units power by 15

Sheild:
Attack range: none
Attack Type: none
Max per Tank: 1
Damage Null
Attack speed: instant
Counters: all but Emp charge
Power used: 0
Other affects: Destroys all projectiles which collide with it, upon collision with a missile the sheild is weakend in that area, holes can be made in the sheild were it will not gaurd wepons or the sheild generator.
Hitpoints
all weapons: 20
Main Tank: 75
Sheild Generator: 100
Main cannon: 30
Playing the game

In Battle:

The game is controlled almost completalty via a multiboard menu, in this menu you can call in more Tanks, set targets, change weapons and issue general orders.

In the battle arena there are certain points you can capture, some giving you points to call in tanks and gain bonus points at the end of the game, Others will allow you to build large versions of your Tanks weapons as well as large sheild generators, to capture them, simply put a Tank ontop of it for 20 seconds.

Lobby:

This is were your commanders are, in the lobby you can purchase upgrades for your Tank such as new weapons, Armour and speed, You can also read how to play, Credits and other things in the menus.

The chat will be above your commanders head so theres no point trying to talk to somebody who is far away from you, It's a relatively small lobby so that is unlikely to happen.

In the top areas of the lobby there is a viewscreen to view progressing battles, either side of this their are elevators, these are used to begin battles, each player who wishes to participate in the next battle should stand on one, there is one for each player.

The next battle format is on a big veiwscreen on the side of the lobby, It would say things such as 2 v 2, 3 v 2 etc. winning a battle were the odds are against you earns you many points.
Commanding your Battalion

As previously meantioned, you control units through a multiboard, this section will now elaborate on this:

Displays:
Units: this tells you how many units you have in play and how many unused slots you have left, during multiplayer battles, these are shared between the players.

Numbers: This displays each units number and what they will be 'called' they would be numbered.

Status: beside the Numbers is a status bar, this displays the units currant action, such as 'attacking unit 2' 'Moving to alpha' and suchlike.

Hp and power bars: Displays the remaining overall hitpoints and power of the tank, pressing ESC will elaborate on this to display weapons hitpoints, sheilds status and suchlike.

A '--' symbol reprisents that the unit is currantly under fire.

Appearance: A small diagram of the command menu.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///_________________________________////
///|Units|Number|Status|Hitpoints|Power|///
///|Dave|one (1)|Atk U2|75/75 --|75/90|///
///|Tony|two (2)|Atk U4|40/75 --|10/90|///
/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Calling in more tanks/Drones:
If you have a slot like this:
Menu%201.jpg

It means that you have currantly no unit in this slot.
Press ESC while over 'none' in the unit section and you will see this:
Menu%202.jpg

If you then Press ESC while over 'nothing' in the offensive section this will come up:
Menu%203.jpg

One you select it by using your selector and going over it, and pressing ESC
for example, you chose a Emp chargers you will see this:
Menu%204.jpg

If you now selected Deploy, you will get a group of Drones Armed with Emp Charges however no defensive weapon, It's a similar menu for defensive weaponry as well.
Menu%205.jpg

Blacked out buttons:

When you have buttons which are blacked out, It's showing that you do not currantly fit the requirement to use it.

Here is an example:
Menu%208.jpg

All the slots are blacked out because you dont have enough resources to deploy another unit into the battle feild.

Pair Disable:
as previously meantioned, Artillery Is not allowed to be used at the same time as a defensive weapon, so If u equip a defensive armour then go into the Drone Type menu you will see this:

Menu%207.jpg

If you then did the opposite and equiped the artillery first It would look a little differant:

Menu%206.jpg

Another thing that is disabled is the deploy button, this is only disabled when you have not selected a Drone Type, that screenshot has been displayed above during the 'Deploying more Tanks/Drones' explaination.

At this time you can do the following things using the command menu:
Lock cameras to Small battalions
Close the menu
Deploy
View currant status of unit
View power an hp
Move camera intantly to a battalion
select battalions.

At the moment the only way to select units is via the command mny however this will soon be changed to allow you to simply press them on the map.
If you would Like to signup for help create this in any way, Please send a PM to me saying what you would Like to do, what you've done concerning this before (such as if your a terrainer, what terrains you had previously made)
It matters not what you have made before, and almost all help will probably be execpted.

As I am currantly working on two projects GUI'ers and JASS'ers have priority in creation to this.

It may sound hard, however this is a relatively small game in comparison to a few others.

Once signed up, I shall send More information about the main workings in the battlefeild via Pm to those people.

For the time being the weapons will not be displayed on the outside, this is due to the weapons flying away when you got too close to walls, if anyone has any idea about how to fix this so I can bring back visible weapons then please tell me.

This description is soon to be updated with more information, I apologise if any part is too vague or not properly explained.

Last edited:
Level 7
Omg Epic.

Nice MAP!! OMG I can't wait for the finished version to be released.

Nice models, description, screen shots and how to play! Love it all.

Maybe when you get closer to finishing your map, you could release a preview video and a test version for people to download, would be good.

Anyhowz I liking what I see, keep up the good work,
Lag_Reviews

PS: Notify me when the finished version/beta/test is out... I wanna play it today :p Good luck!

At the speed I'm working this shouldn't take too long until it approaches a playable Beta.

The final task I shall assign myself before beta is making an Ai which may take a long time, however It'll be worth it.

As for currant progress:

Deployment: Complete
Costs for deploy: Complete
Combo Block (no artillary and defensive system): Complete
Tank Hp, status and Power display: Complete
Weapons systems: Not Started
Weapon location setting: 10%
Capture: Not started
Command Console Orders: 5%
Sheild System: Not started
Lobby: Not started
Upgrade menu: Not started

Fortunately weapons system shouldn't take a long time, neither should the sheild, so It might not be long before this is playable.

Level 5
This certainly sounds interesting, but I can't quite figure out, how the control system is going to work. Are you never going to be able to directly control your tanks (I can't imagine how quick maneuvers would be possible that way)?

You can directly control them, however the command palnels things are for targetting certain parts of enemy tanks and going to far oof (not visible) areas that you may not know.

Also, due to the we hating me, I have to re deisgn some of them game :/ however, you will most certainly still have the command panel.

I shall also be adding more screenshots soon, It's mostly the command board atm as I have not been working on the other areas much.

-Bump-

Progress:

Sheilds are now active;
Added Main battle drone;
Added, camera lock/unlocking as well as allowing a player to move their camera to the unit they are controlling;
Auto selection upon scroll up/down;
upgraded the deploy;
Upgraded status;
Made command console fully mpi, Now supports up to 12 players;
Few minor tweaks to the command console;
Added simple stop command.

To do list (in order of priority):
Attack system
Capturing and building on pads
Finish command console (extras) (This will not be doable until a later stage anyway)
entire Lobby (Not doable until a later stage)
Upgrading (Not doable until a later stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.