• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Shooting / FPS] Hunting Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
HuntingUnlimited001.jpg

Map Info:
Hunting Unlimited is a Single Player Warcraft III mod aiming to give you an unbelievable hunting experience!

Features:
-Explore & Hunt in the Wilderness
-Choose to hunt between passive and aggresive animals
-First Person Camera
-No Cursor Usage, You only use QWER ASDF ZXCV & Arrow Keys
-Full Screen Option Selection

Some of the pictures may be outdated!

OptionScreen001.jpg

OptionScreen002.jpg

OptionScreen003.jpg

OptionScreen004.jpg

InGame001.jpg

InGame002.jpg

InGame003.jpg

InGame004.jpg

InGame005.jpg

InGame006.jpg

InGame007.jpg

HU_Binoculars001.jpg

HU_Binoculars002.jpg

HU_Sky001.jpg
HU_Sky002.jpg

HU_Weather001.jpg
HU_Weather002.jpg

HQ%20Tileset001.jpg

HQ%20Tileset002.jpg

HQ%20Tileset003.jpg

House001.jpg

House002.jpg

House003.jpg

House004.jpg

House005.jpg

House006.jpg

Hunting Unlimited TEST011 (not sure what happened to TEST010 lol)
-Created the House, which is going to be the Hunter's starting and finish point for Quests
-Added New HQ Tile Textures
-Rocks now use HQ Texture too
-Lowered Sprint Movement Speed to 6 from 7
-Facing Left/Right now should respond faster than before

Hunting Unlimited TEST009
-Added Binoculars ability (Hotkey: A)
-Added Weather effects (can be tested with these commands: -rain -rays -weather off )
-Increased Player Height, he was too short IMO
-Replaced the White Sky with Lordaeron Summer Sky
-Removed some un-used variables from the Variable Editor
-Added a Command for test purposes only: -speed , makes you move really fast

Hunting Unlimited TEST008
-Increased Crouch Height to 275 from 200
-Replaced the Forest background sounds with better ones
-Expanded the map into Maximum Size(256x256)
-Walking/Sprinting looping sounds now sound smoother when looping
-You can no longer spawn no grass if you start the game before choosing the amount and type of grass(automatically set to Normal amount and Static Grass Type)
-Changed the way the map "cuts off" into a much better looking one
-Added Collision to all Rocks and Trees (grass and plants are still walk-able)

Hunting Unlimited TEST007
-Added Crouch/Stand Up ability (only available when walking)
-Changed the text on Look Up, Look Down, Sprint and Walk abilities
-Added option to choose Grass Amount on Option Screen
-Now able to choose the Type of Grass you want to be generated

Hunting Unlimited TEST006
-First Public Project Release

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/hunting-unlimited-229821/#post2287443][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/8l3pi9/HU003.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Map Currently has Option Selection Screen and you're ONLY able to explore the area!

Feel free to download the map and test it, I'm open to suggestions and constructive criticism!

(Map is protected but still open-able in the WE for ease of testing)

WARNING! Saving the map will make it unplayable!

Attachments

• HU v1.0a TEST011.w3x
    7.4 MB · Views: 354
  • HU v1.0a TEST012.w3x
    7.5 MB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Level 20
All you need to do is replace the animals with enemy soldiers and you would have a vaguely acceptable map.
Perhaps I could add later into the game some sort of AI soldiers, but for now it's only animal hunting

very nice idea of a project! hope to see more updates :thumbs_up:
thnx for the support!

EDIT:
Hey guys i would like your opinion on a minor change, I decided to change the way the map "cuts off" tell me what you think:

HU%20Old%20Rocky%20Cliff.jpg

HU%20New%20Rocky%20Wall.jpg

Last edited:
Level 30
I like the map's terrain gives me the feeling of a real forest, just some more fitting doodads and terrain will be great. But other than that, that's all I can say. How do I play this? I dont seem to get this game.... how do I attack? I saw an animal and I dont know what to do. Still, a great game just need to learn the basics from you. +REP!:thumbs_up:

Level 20
I like the map's terrain gives me the feeling of a real forest, just some more fitting doodads and terrain will be great. But other than that, that's all I can say. How do I play this? I dont seem to get this game.... how do I attack? I saw an animal and I dont know what to do. Still, a great game just need to learn the basics from you. +REP!:thumbs_up:
thnx for the support! After choosing your options in the selection screen press Esc twice and the game will start, as i mentioned in the first post map is currently in beta and you can only explore the map, currently im finishing the terrain (256x256 map) and then im focusing on the hunting aspect, so untill then you can't hunt animals, i only added the animals there so you could see how they will look in-game.

Level 30
thnx for the support! After choosing your options in the selection screen press Esc twice and the game will start, as i mentioned in the first post map is currently in beta and you can only explore the map, currently im finishing the terrain (256x256 map) and then im focusing on the hunting aspect, so untill then you can't hunt animals, i only added the animals there so you could see how they will look in-game.

Oh, I see. I really enjoyed exploring the map because of the feeling your terrain gives me just add maybe more fitting doodads for a forest and maybe also every time, weather changes. That will make the game more livelier.:grin:

>Make the aiming snappier; I feel like my character turns left 5 seconds after I press the left key. Add in a zoom/binoculars/scope feature maybe, and then thats when aiming is slow and careful.
>Add some more variety to the forest, like ponds, caves, waterfalls, giant hollow trees and logs, swamps etc.

That's all the feedback I can give right now. Also, you may want to take a look at the map Sharpshooter Online, as that is an FPS map too. Btw for FPS HUD models (your character's arms holding a gun), it is possible to implement properly w/o perfectly flat terrain. Your best bet is to use 2D cinematic filters (like in Sharpshooter).

Level 30
>Make the aiming snappier; I feel like my character turns left 5 seconds after I press the left key. Add in a zoom/binoculars/scope feature maybe, and then thats when aiming is slow and careful.
>Add some more variety to the forest, like ponds, caves, waterfalls, giant hollow trees and logs, swamps etc.

That's all the feedback I can give right now. Also, you may want to take a look at the map Sharpshooter Online, as that is an FPS map too. Btw for FPS HUD models (your character's arms holding a gun), it is possible to implement properly w/o perfectly flat terrain. Your best bet is to use 2D cinematic filters (like in Sharpshooter).

Oh, I forgot to tell also that. You very right! The Character reacts late to the controls.

Level 30
Hey! Have a suggestion on your game, like what I suggested to Kitabatake's Blades N Gore.... how about add events on this awesome map and Im sure it will fit greatly. I'll give you an example of Event.

1. Survival - The Cops have known through the news that you and some group of hunters are illegaly hunting animals. Now, they are coming to arrest you and your fellow hunters for the wrongdoings. Prepare yourselves and get ready for waves of Cops that will attack you. Rewards on this depends on you because I only know few on your map.

Level 20
Oh, I forgot to tell also that. You very right! The Character reacts late to the controls.
that's wc3 delay >_<

Hunting Unlimited TEST008 Update:
-Increased Crouch Height to 275 from 200
-Replaced the Forest background sounds with better ones
-Expanded the map into Maximum Size(256x256)
-Walking/Sprinting looping sounds now sound smoother when looping
-You can no longer spawn no grass if you start the game before choosing the amount and type of grass(automatically set to Normal amount and Static Grass Type)
-Changed the way the map "cuts off" into a much better looking one
-Added Collision to all Rocks and Trees (grass and plants are still walk-able)

Level 20
terrain is really nice but theres no way you can play this on multiplayer its going to be extremely laggy i made a race car map once and played with one more person the lag was intense thats a problem with wc3 it doesent support fps very well.
hmm i actually forgot to mention that this map is going to be SP? well thnx for reminding me!

EDIT:
Update!
Hunting Unlimited TEST009
-Added Binoculars ability (Hotkey: A)
-Added Weather effects (can be tested with these commands: -rain -rays -weather off )
-Increased Player Height, he was too short IMO
-Replaced the White Sky with Lordaeron Summer Sky
-Removed some un-used variables from the Variable Editor
-Added a Command for test purposes only: -speed , makes you move really fast

Also added 6 new Preview Pictures for Binoculars, New Sky & Weather!

Last edited:
Level 20
New Update!

HQ%20Tileset001.jpg

HQ%20Tileset002.jpg

HQ%20Tileset003.jpg

House001.jpg

House002.jpg

House003.jpg

House004.jpg

House005.jpg

House006.jpg

Hunting Unlimited TEST011 (not sure what happened to TEST010 lol)
-Created the House, which is going to be the Hunter's starting and finish point for Quests
-Added New HQ Tile Textures
-Rocks now use HQ Texture too
-Lowered Sprint Movement Speed to 6 from 7
-Facing Left/Right now should respond faster than before

Newest map version can he found at the First Post.

Level 30
The terrain looks very realistic and really improved when I played it on its TEST 04-05.... The outside of the house is very good too but one problem is the inside, house looks empty. Maybe you could have putted some carpets and tables.... Weapons and armor Racks would also fit to give more hunter feeling into it.

Will play this now and +4 REP for you!

Level 20
The terrain looks very realistic and really improved when I played it on its TEST 04-05.... The outside of the house is very good too but one problem is the inside, house looks empty. Maybe you could have putted some carpets and tables.... Weapons and armor Racks would also fit to give more hunter feeling into it.

Will play this now and +4 REP for you!
thnx man! I'm not really sure about that, maybe i could change the structure to the house into 2 rooms or smth, problem is I don't really want to give much attention to the house since it's just there for decoration lol...ill have to think about that!

I have a suggestion; can you create a custom minimap? The default doesn't look too good. :cgrin:
hmm by custom minimap do you mean to use Advanced -> View Entire Map and use that? that will be a bit annoying since I will have to update the minimap for every terrain change lol...

Level 20
Progress!~

Here is some sneak peak of the terrain progress (just a brief minimap preview):

Terrain%20Progress.jpg

Deep Forest: Trees are very close to each other, fauna and flora have high density, mostly where you can find animals to hunt.
Wide Forest: Trees have relatively good distance from each other, area of your house, low chances of finding animals.
Rocky Area: You can barely find any trees here, there are mostly rocks, animals can't hide from you but neither can you!
House: This is where you are safe from animals, complete missions, view your trophies.

Explanation%20of%20Terrain.jpg

Newest Version has not been uploaded yet, I just uploaded some screenshots to show that progress is being made.

Level 20
NEW UPDATE!~

Hunting Unlimited TEST012
-Finished all of the terrain area (collision might be a bit off so pls notify me if you find any trees/rocks that you can walk through)
-Disabled the Binoculars ability because it bugged for some unknown reason (suprisingly it bugged in previous versions too which used to work without a problem)
-Added Shoot Rifle Ability (the shooting system is still a Prototype, it will be improved at later versions, also includes help to show the path of shooting)

ShootRiflePreview.jpg
-Added Deer AI (the animail will watch you from a distance and when you get too close it will attempt run away)
-Added Day/Weather System (60 real-time seconds = 1 in-game day, each day has 15% chance to rain, 15% chance for sunshine and 70% for normal weather)
-Removed Option Selection Screen (was too inconvenient)

New version can be found in first post

Level 30
I was not able to play the map due to your camera being quite bad, no offense. It's first person indeed but it was facing whole the time the ground and so I can't see what's in front of me and such...

For the pathings, it looks like that the trees does not have one (don't know, viewed its pathing through WE and saw it has no blue area which means it is unwalkable). Anyway, I also don't like the way you named all of the custom doodads there into Torch, you should rename them properly.

The terrain could be improved for a forest, add some wooden logs, stumps, shrubs, grasses and such in the map. It could also have some hills there and some raised grounds.

Level 20
I was not able to play the map due to your camera being quite bad, no offence. It's first person indeed but it was facing whole the time the ground and so I can't see what's in front of me and such...
After testing it I was shocked to see that the camera was messed up o_O
I'm trying to fix it right now.

For the pathings, it looks like that the trees does not have one (don't know, viewed its pathing through WE and saw it has no blue area which means it is unwalkable). Anyway, I also don't like the way you named all of the custom doodads there into Torch, you should rename them properly.
Trees use a "unique" pathing system. Also the vex's optimizer named them all torch for some reason o_O
here is how they really are named:
DoodadNames.jpg

The terrain could be improved for a forest, add some wooden logs, stumps, shrubs, grasses and such in the map. It could also have some hills there and some raised grounds.
Actually there are minor details here and there like wooden branches(was trying to give the idea that they fell from trees), small rocks placed and there are piles of rocks(in the rocky area)
Grass Generation trigger was disabled not sure why, ill enable it again since it works fine.

BTW when I said Terrain was done I meant it was 100% playable, there are still details to add.

I had to remove the map due to the bugs, I will soon reupload a working version, sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.