• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wolfhelm's RPG Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
This is a 100% playable fully pathed RPG Castle. Its a add-on to my old map http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f267/wolfhelms-rpg-town-120933/ Its not completly finished but you can get the idea... You can enter all the buildings just go through the doors. If you play it travel in the direction Morgan is facing so you dont get lost on your way to the castle.

Attachments

• Wolfhelm'sRPGcastleV1.0.w3x
    888.9 KB · Views: 108
  • CastleInGame.JPG
    CastleInGame.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,137
  • CastleInEditor.JPG
    CastleInEditor.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 2,958
  • CastleArmory.JPG
    CastleArmory.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 304
  • CastleHall1.JPG
    CastleHall1.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 288
  • CastleHall2.JPG
    CastleHall2.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 327
  • CastleInn.JPG
    CastleInn.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Level 10
If you like the way it looks i strongly suggest downloading and playing it - can test map from editor. It looks much better in game.

Level 4
Very nice! But you should smooth it a bit. Becouse it does not look natural. And there is a little hole u can see through in the tower where the main entrance is. I would take a picture but i dont remember how on a laptop

Level 10
Yeah well i plan on changing the charicter completly - who the hell is Morgan in King Aurthur anyways, thought there was just Gwenevere.

Level 10
I added some more pics, cuz i dont think people realize there is alot more to the castle then just what you see form the outside. It has a very larg interior with multiple buildings and a large castle hall.

Level 19
Remove the noise plox. Raise and lower the terrain manually. The castle looks fine. I don't know how much of a problem file size is, but I think you should go for more doodads both inside and outside. Also, custom trees ftw! :D

+rep for the work

Level 10
Yeah, thanks for comments... Im trying to keep file size to a minimum cuz if at all possible i might try to make this multi player. So yeah i been keeping doodad count as low as possible. Kinda late to change the trees around the rest of the map is pretty large and to change every tree now would be... gah. People really hatin on the noise.. i get it though, i only did that cuz its a part of the map your not really ment to explore.

Thanks for comments - this is a WIP so any advice is helpfull.

Reactions: HFR

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I played and you did a amazing work on the cameras and buildings!!!

And some doodads have these "strange" effect where they try to overwhelm the neighbor one.

But the terrain still needs some improvements. Also, there's a huge blank are somewhere. But the camera and building entering are top notch, good job!

Level 10
Yeah, or i could change the model file of ashenvale trees i suppose.
The big blank area in the wall is from Occlusion, it removes destructibles in the way of the cammera - ill probably turn that off when players enter the castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.