• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Force UI Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
In the trigger editor there is an action "Game - Force UI Key" which will force the a player to press a keyboard key. I want to know if there are anyway that we can use it to force a player to press CTRL + any number so that i can force the player to assign the currently selected unit to a number...

If I cant do it via this trigger, is there any other way that I can do it?

Thanks in advance.

So what now? =)

I am so lucky to have remembered and found this epic map.

Edit: You can't control it fully however you can still somewhat manipulate control groups with triggers so your wrong edo.

It is a pain, but through a complex mess you could force players to have to hold the key down to bind everything then do a check to select 1-0.

Attachments

• DiabloBuilder_1.0.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
Level 23
well, I didnt try the map other than mpqeditor :D and I didnt find the triggers, so eh(non found anyways :D)

well I should re-phrase my statement: There is no way to directly access control groups by triggers

and I would say(didnt test it tho) that you are right, it is possible with a bit of magic triggering :D

Level 12
I think the force UI key functions in that map just force the numbers 1 to 10

Yes. Theres no magic to it. Player is required to hold down ctrl then the script selects units and forces key presses to assign control groups.

The initial answer is still true, as so far no way to force keys like ctrl, alt, space, enter, ... or even key combinations is known.

Level 2
Thanks everyone for your help, look like that is no way for me to use force ui key to assign unit to number.

This lead me to another question, are there any event that can detect if a player has press a keyboard button for example number 1?

Thanks everyone for your help, look like that is no way for me to use force ui key to assign unit to number.

This lead me to another question, are there any event that can detect if a player has press a keyboard button for example number 1?

No, only arrow keys. You can detect some keys with abilities, but that takes up ability space of course, and you can't detect how long a person holds it or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.