• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Force F key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I want to trigger the opening and closing of several system framess like 'Menu' 'Ally' etc, and I figure the easiest way would be to force a key press.

Unfortunately something like ForceUIKey("F12") doesn't give the desired result. Anyone know if possible, what is the required input to force a F-key press?

Level 9
mmm then i think it wont be possible.

Don't know if thiss will work but maybe you can try to change the hotkey for f12, there should be a text config file where all the hotkeys are set, it can be found if you unpack the casca archive and extract it. You cna change the values and then you can import it into the map in asset manager, import it to the path name something like /units/commandcfg.txt (the name is not right).

And then in game use one of the keys that can be forced.

I think only normal UI keys for abilities and stop attack move etc.. can be forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.