• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weekend Mapping Madness #2 - Poll

Maps

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2000082-post208.html"]Defense Map[/URL] - Aeroblyctos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2000145-post223.html"]Eliminate The Terrorist[/URL] - Death

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2000105-post210.html"]/ - Brambleclaw[/URL]

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2000215-post231.html"]/ - Figueiredo00[/URL]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have at least one vote for every contest so far so therefore i am challenged to make the most awesome multiplayer map that near no one in the poll would be bothered to test with many players.
Also this was a weekend mapping contest and also there isn't as much testing so I don't expect any votes this contest(I never expect votes anyway:p).

Level 17
I tested your map. It was really big. I think it bugged though. All terrorists can do is build Teleporters and port. There is nothing to defend against. Or fight
Its very depressing. And even then thereis no way to fight T_T Where's ma alkaieda Bomb.

Would of been nice if you focused on warfare and waves first :L looking forward to final

Level 26
Has someone managed to survive the last wave in Wraithling's map? (3 bosses at once).
Quake 2 fucks up everything..

EDIT: Nevermind, finished it.

Okey, I'm close to finish the testing. Maggy your map is the hardest one (I'm not counting unplayable maps, in case: DonDustin's, Aeroblyctos are either prepared for 12 players with godmode or just die after 5mins (I wasn't counting bowser499 & DeathChef maps as well since they are multiplayer maps and Brambleclaw since there is nothing to survive from)).

I'll try again to win the map tomorrow (right now about ~10 tries).
Rest of them I have managed to finish (got screeshots if you don't believe ;P), I'll explain and add everything into my judging.
Was checking many tactics, the best one found in Jazztastic's map ;)

Last edited:
Level 26
My ranking is high only because of Terrain (but the fool who told that 25 pts for terrain is okey will get from me -99 points in MM contest #5 (if he participate ofcourse, so you got 1 enemy less)) - how the fuck you can judge terrain of 3-day map? Participants have to concentrate on game play rather than fucking terrain which requires ton of free time.

Fuck the judges please >.>
Ofcourse I won't follow such idiotic idea since it hurts the participants too much. I give max 15 pts for terrain (yeah fuck rules, they are here just to do so) and there is additional section: Map Progress (describes how map is finished in %) 10 pts max.

Maggy your map is the hardest one

That's good right? :D

Here's a tip:
- Get Ice Tower
- Farm gold to upgrade it
- Make sure you have the Chaos tower before level 10
- You can't NOT leak creeps, so what you should focus on is killing as many creeps as you can.
- When you have the choas tower and the ice tower, start upgrading the Ice Tower fast.
- By Level ~16, you need to have the Fire Tower
- The poison towers should be spammed and fully upgraded for Levels 13-23
- Levels 24 and 25 can only be won if you have Choas towers and Anti-air Towers (Divine Armor)
- Don't build the towers too close to the spawn point, and don't build them too far either.

Level 26
Maggy, I meant hardest because I'm playing the 'insane' mode on each map:
- take as small amount of hits as possible
- don't lose even one unit
- try to not lose any life from hero (possible in Jazztastic's map)
- in your map I'm trying to finish with 50/50 not just wining the game. Just wining is for losers

I do so in every game, in every campaign. Insade modes are the only option. (=

Level 26
Okey, okey :S But I will just underline in 'Terrain' that I was counting 'Map Progress' too, yet still it gonna be 25 points total.

Just next time Venge, don't listen to idiots, but reliable guys like me, baassee, Maggy - not someone who has 0 knowledge about madness contests.
I support the idea about 25pts for Terrain in normal MM contests, but in such, people have time to work on it.

Level 26
Lol, it's not the Pharaoh_ since he is killing all the limits, plus we are friends =p. It was Kobas surely. It's just pointless to judge terrain in this contest. Should I really leave most entries with 5 points for terrain as you did?

And don't say I'm not right with points pool.
About insulting, sorry I'm a bit drunk :S For two weeks I had party every night.

Level 26
I don't care what you're saying, you should discuss these things with the ones who made it. But right now the judging criteria will not be changed, it's too late for that.

We were talking to Kobas about that (yeah me, baassee and Maggy) but he ignored everything - thats why I'm mad on him.

Being egoist sucks, pretty badly.
I know that it's too late, but anyways, next leave high point pools for main constest. The quick ones shouild have pool around 50 pts.

I decided to rate maps like this from now on (and Pharaoh_ agreed), if you don't like, then don't join.
I won't rate code and such things over terrain, terrain is important and should be highly rated as well as gameplay.

And yes score is low, actually my highest rating was 56/100.
Related to map section 2/5 Lacking.

But when you think about it it's really epic to see that, people work few months on their maps and we still reject them. Half entries impressed me, honestly.

About bad things:
Half maps don't have name (just another wc3 map) -.^
Some don't have terrain as well.
What about game modes, difficulties, no one added hints etc etc...
Just 1 trigger with handicap can improve map quality if nothing else.
50% maps don't have quest log (or some stats system, whatever) = No info, no credits, no nothing

Level 26
Kobas, as said: I agree with you - if we are talking about MM constests. But not Madness types honestly, they (participants) don't have so much time to focus on things like terrain to make it realy (REALY) good, afterall it just 3 days. Next time better lower the whole point pool (from 100 to 50) so it will be easier for us - judges - and for participants as well.

Who told you that code should be over terrain? Nonono, even I disagreed.
Although don't leave so many pts for this section (terrain) in CONTEST which lasts 72 HOURS.

Even you mentioned that half of maps don't have terrain.
I'll speak with Pharaoh_ surely, since I think that the only person who spoke with him about WMM was you ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.