• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weekend Mapping Madness #2 - Poll

Maps

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2000082-post208.html"]Defense Map[/URL] - Aeroblyctos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2000145-post223.html"]Eliminate The Terrorist[/URL] - Death

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2000105-post210.html"]/ - Brambleclaw[/URL]

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2000215-post231.html"]/ - Figueiredo00[/URL]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
No I'm not :(
You all hate my map ;_;
I never even played Green TD until today when Brambleclaw mentioned it >.<

Want a hug? :3

Anyway, I think you all judges should discuss that, I don't want to be unfair really, but 10/10 is a little bit unfair for doing nothing. I guess 6 or 7/10 should be okay, for using the default ones so good that he didn't need to make new ones :) I mean, the abilities work together really well, and if the Chain-Lightning is now called Lightning Chain and/or deals 5 damage more or less is now really regardless ^^

Ofc. it's not my decision lol ^^

Level 21
Aeroblyctos... Your map was actually fun for being made within two hours, and I know you can do great things with maps because I'm a huge fan of your campaign, but this map was very lacking :ogre_icwydt:

My favorites were the Mine Field, MTG Defense, and Tidal Defense for originality. I didn't get to play the Mine Field multiplayer, but I imagine it being a lot of fun with all the upgrades. Destromath TD was nicely-polished, but there wasn't anything too unique as far as TDs go. The Exorcist's terrain was the best, but the gameplay was a bit slow and repetitive. I'll vote for MTG Defense since it required the most brain activity and might have the most potential :ogre_haosis:

Alright so I may have come to a conclusion: Either I'm a complete jerk, or some of the maps really deserve low ratings ;_;

-Kobas-'s ratings will be twice as low as yours, so don't worry about that :p
-kobas- would give my map a 19 ;_; (Not guessing)
You would give it something close to ~40
Spinnaker would give a ~55-65

You judges are so predictable :p

Level 17
Aero by unplyable i meant when i opened it i found myself in a single player lobby where i could not start due to no opponent

Level 5
Figuredo00: VEry depressing no name :L We untitled map :L Standard abillties

Im confused why Searing arrow is a level 6 yet starfall is levelable from level 1. Also please put them in a 1 2 3 4 order instead of having 1 2 4 5

Quite a fun map like the idea of being able to buy units as well to help. Find some of them with mana and 0 abils pointless. healing plot shouild be seperate to main base. The fact i can just surround it with units and it auto heals them is pointless. Starfall is op clearing waves in 3 seconds at level 2 :L 60dps- Bounty is too hig had a 2nd gen Huntress with like 1.1k hp on wave 5 :L needs alot of balancing and some addition but looks promising

Well, i transform the starfall into a normal skill of 3 levels. It's still unbalanced , yes but fan of knives do almost the same thing.
Most of the skills are standards because i couldn't find enought inspiration.

The searing arrow actually is a critical hit skill. As the description says, the arrow never miss the target, In the full version of the game, this skill will be extremely usefull against especific types of enemies, with high evasion abilities. No matter if the target is a ghost with 100 % evasion, she will hit her target. that's the point of that arrow. (considering the upgrade that increase the damage and speed of the hero, the skill is very useful).

I'm still working on the upgrade , so yes, you can have a huntress in lvl 5. And about the life regeneration in the obelisk, i will think on something .

Thank you for the review, these informations is all i need to make the map better. :ogre_love:

It's ok, I'll let you guys beat me up after the results.

942-okay-meme.jpg

Level 26
My results:

1st Vengeancekael 3/100
2nd Spinnaker 2.9/100
3rd Kobas 0.33/100

Disqualified entries:
The Minefield - bowser499
Magic The Gathering : Defense - Wraithling
The Exorcist - Fan
Destromath TD - Magtheridon96
Defense Map - Aeroblyctos
Eliminate The Terrorist - DeathChef
Tidal Defense - Jazztastic
/ - Brambleclaw
/ - DonDustin
/ - Figueiredo00

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
My results:

1st Vengeancekael 3/100
2nd Spinnaker 2.9/100
3rd Krobas 0.33/100

Disqualified entries:
The Minefield - bowser499
Magic The Gathering : Defense - Wraithling
The Exorcist - Fan
Destromath TD - Magtheridon96
Defense Map - Aeroblyctos
Eliminate The Terrorist - DeathChef
Tidal Defense - Jazztastic
/ - Brambleclaw
/ - DonDustin
/ - Figueiredo00

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Who is this "krobas" person? Never heard of a "krobas". The name sounds so familiar, and yet I just can't put my finger on it. Kindof like someone let out a wet, nasty fart inside the room, and you can't quite tell who did it, it's on the tip of your tongue, ready to shout out and embarass them, but you can't because you accidently add an extra R to their name so you would look like a fool blurting it out.

But maybe that's just me.

Level 51
Okay, here come some reviews:

Minefield: I don't know I wasn't able to play that one, I'm sorry :(

Magic the Gathering: Really cool map, really got the slight feeling of playing magic, it was a bit too simple though :/ I just built 3 towers and they dealt with the enemies before the even came in close range. The terrain could have been slightly better and yeah. That's it. I voted for it though, as I just found it the most creative map.

The Exorcist - Personal Opinion: This map has lots of potential, as many things could have been done way better. Overall I think it's an quite acceptable map, which gets slightly repetive after a few minutes, but is not bad anyway.

Destromath TD: Didn't play it, no offense but I'm just no fan of TD's ;)

Defense Map: Really really liked this map. It was great fun to spam the spells on the units, but in the end I just got overwhelmed by soldiers and archers :p With a bit more creative spells, a better terrain, and a bit less difficulty, this would have been my favourite. It was really good nontheless.

Eliminate the terrorist: I just wasn't able to find out what I should do in this map :eek: The title says, eliminate the terrorist, but in the game I was the terrorist :eek: I didn't get why I should find my own bomb and disarm it (which I guessed the whole game is about). So jeah, a better description would have been good.

Tidal Defense: A really really original map, which was refreshing new. It got a bit boring after a time though, as I just always pressed the same button to push them back into the water. It was really great though, my 2nd favourite.

Brambleclaw: Didn't play it as I somehow wasn't able to start it in wc3.

DonDustin: Awesome defending map, terrain was quite good too. It was great fun to push the enemies back, if the heroes had a bit more offensive spells it would have been great. Really cool map, but sadly not THAT creative ;)

Figueiredo00: Didn't play.

Don't get me wrong guys, these are just my personal opinions :) I also want to apologzie that I didn't play all maps, I just didn't have the time/motiviation and/or wasn't able to play them.

Level 37
Fan said:
Defense Map: Really really liked this map. It was great fun to spam the spells on the units, but in the end I just got overwhelmed by soldiers and archers :p With a bit more creative spells, a better terrain, and a bit less difficulty, this would have been my favourite. It was really good nontheless.

Ha ha ha. So someone actually liked the idea. I wish I would have started earlier!

Do you think I would have a chance with the idea in the following contest? I would improve the game a lot more in every aspect.

Level 26
Okey, to end the issue about BrambleClaw's map I post the solution. You have to integrate the WEU and JNPG into one so your UMSWE is allowed. I'm so lazy that I gonna show the conversation about last Brable's entry on Hero Contest.
Adktuz asks 90572 times how to open his map (please tell me that he isn't using NG..).
Solution.

I have decided that I'll judge his entry anyways, although as said 133069756 times: don't ever post such project if you are not sure that normal NG/WE user can open it. And before (you Bramble) gonna repost anything - read the material and if you still don't belive: deinstall/remove whole JNPG folder and reinstall again, using just NewGen installator from wc3.net Try to open your map without any WEU extension - good luck.

Last edited:
Level 26
JNGP has an installer?
Okey after reading my post I realised that some ppl may still have troubles with integrating NewGen and WEU :S

1. Dowloand NewGen.
2. Install it with this tutorial's help.
3. Download WE Unlimited.
4. Install/extract it into JNPG folder.
5. Open NewGen and check if option UMSWE -> 'Enable UMSWE' is ticked, if so untick it.
6. Close your NewGen and reopen it, but this time tick the 'Enable UMSWE' option (it's needed for restarting the NG since I'm not sure if both programs integrade automatically) - small lag may occur.
7. Close the NG (with mentioned option ticked and reopren it. Done, enjoy.

Level 17
Emm the officiacl place to dl newgen has uMSwe i never dled umswe seperatly. It comes integrated already you just turn it on. as i said . jesus read your link . your raging at me "BAN BAN BAN HIM/Disquallify" WHen NEWGEN is allowed and UMSWE is integrated with newgen i have already apologised i had accidentally ticked it on but jesus your just making a big drama case out of it.

:L but tyx for the way to open it but there is no need to dl umswe 2 x

" Jass NewGen Pack v5d

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This distribution includes:

- Grimoire (1.5)
- JassHelper (0.9.I.2)
- Grim Extension Pack (1.0b)
- PJass (1.0k)
- TESH 0.7.0.3 (Unofficial update by Van Damm and Zoxc)
- Risc's Colorizer FINAL
- UMSWE (5.0)
- Reinventing the Craft (0.20)
"

To below i already pointed out that WEU is integrated already if you bothered reading my post. People who cant open it either have an extremly old version or didnt download official. Of if they have updated official its simply ticking a box :L Well anyway now i turned it of. it makes no difference tbh apart from "Being able to open the map" according to you :L

trolol only had 1 trigger which was "Order picked unit to attack unit" which was in umswe T_T fail otherwise everyone could open it normally T_T

Last edited:
Eliminate the terrorist: I just wasn't able to find out what I should do in this map :eek: The title says, eliminate the terrorist, but in the game I was the terrorist :eek: I didn't get why I should find my own bomb and disarm it (which I guessed the whole game is about). So jeah, a better description would have been good.
The Terrorist is picked randomly and you where the only player there so therefore you are alone with no police to capture and kill you.
I guess that I forgot to mention the game in more detail as it 'REQUIRES' multiple players and with more the more fun you will have.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 21
The Terrorist is picked randomly and you where the only player there so therefore you are alone with no police to capture and kill you.
I guess that I forgot to mention the game in more detail as it 'REQUIRES' multiple players and with more the more fun you will have.:ogre_hurrhurr:
That definitely would have helped, because I was also confused when I first tried it. I reset the game and finally became the terrorist and knew it was made for multiplayer, but I didn't think the skills really suited a terrorist very well. They were still cool, but things like gas bombs, stun mines, and other explosive stuff would have fit the theme better. An AI for the terrorist in a single player mode would be great if you continue working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.