• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weekend Mapping Madness - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/gideon+a.i./"]Gideon A.I.[/URL] & [URL="http://www.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Me and Berb had 7 hours of time difference so the end product is the best we could do in such a silly schedule.

Also if the map i uploaded is untestable, open it, save it and then test it.

It's the THW issue or something, my maps always need resaving for some reason >.>

Anyway voting for Aerial Attack.

And yes polls are a fail in the terms of a "fair" contests, fair contests have no poll.

Level 49
Me and Berb had 7 hours of time difference so the end product is the best we could do in such a silly schedule.

Also if the map i uploaded is untestable, open it, save it and then test it.

It's the THW issue or something, my maps always need resaving for some reason >.>

Anyway voting for Aerial Attack.

And yes polls are a fail in the terms of a "fair" contests, fair contests have no poll.

Easy. You work in the day, he works at night. Aka you work while he sleeps and he works while you sleep.

Level 24
You are wrong. You simple cannot make a well-made map within 3 days. Even if you spend 72 hours making one. Mini-Games are different however, but they usually have one system where the whole map focuses.

Prove me wrong.
I could've easily made a good map in under 72 hours (I was originally supposed to team up with ragingspeedhorn), but I was occupied this one weekend though, so it wasn't possible for me to join. Like I said in my previous post, it's not that 72 hours is too little time, it's that people fail at budgeting the time that has been given to them..

Level 4
infernalthumbs.gif
Go Midnighters!!! :aa:

Level 31
No, it's really not. Look at Illidan(Evil)X's Cannon Commander from last year's contest.

if i am not mistaken.. cannon commander are submitted for a contest that last for 1 weeks.. what we talking about are contest that last for 3 days.. there is 4 days gap differences between it.

and of course, if my memory serve me right.. the contest are solo...

Level 17
if i am not mistaken.. cannon commander are submitted for a contest that last for 1 weeks.. what we talking about are contest that last for 3 days.. there is 4 days gap differences between it.
Two people working on a map over 3 days should yield the same results as a map worked on by an individual over a week. There are a number of other factors that come into effect, but all are easily manageable given any though towards the contest.
--
Oh, and I would like to re-iterate Clan TDG's mapathons.

Level 26
TBH, I really don't think this kind of time constraint is a good idea anyways. But the idea is that this kind of competition should be a mark less serious than a competition with a larger time-span, so obviously I will always find flaws to point out. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm just telling you that I can see a way you can improve your map.

Level 25
There are things you can't really discuss before you start the map making and sending PM's is fine in the term of long projects but when you need your partners opinion and suggestions about some things it is hard to achieve it with PM's only and no real time chat.

Anyway we are drifting away from the topic which is the voting not discussion about time management.

Status
Not open for further replies.