• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest #5 - Poll

Contestants

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
The Hive Workshop

Terrain Contest #5 Poll

Welcome to the poll for the latest Terrain Contest. Please read through the rules before voting!
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Yes, this is seriously a rule now.
Contest Prizes And Winnings

First Place: 30 reputation points and a special award icon
Second Place: 20 reputation points
Third Place: 10 reputation points
Submissions

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
Dusk you still have Oziris in submissions list. I vote for raid as said before.

Here is my vote:

No: 3 \Naze (Looked realy nice, the whole tower/dungeon. The wall was great, nice usage with the barred wall for windows.) release py xD
No: 2 ~Void~ (The walls with the statues looked awesome)
No: 1 raid1000 (I just loved the bridges)

What I didn't like at some where the locked cameras, too dark envirnoment. The theme was wonderland? Wasn't it? However it can be defined in a couple of ways so it was kinda okay.

Level 9
Mr. Goblin: Very nice, indeed. I especially liked the atmosphere.

/Nace: This one was also very good. However, there was a few pathing issues.

Nbah: The buildings had a weird scaling and it lacked atmosphere.

Raid1000: Kickass terrain.

TerraNexx: Kinda boring, only trees and blizzard cliffs.

Slaydon: Trees all over, thousands of those flower thingys. Nothing fancy.

~Void~: Very nice. Very nice.

My vote goes to ... Raid1000!

Why? I loved it.

May the best submission win.

Mr. Goblin 4/5
I believe this terrain needed a bit more work.. It was good but there were better.. nice job tho thats better than i could possibly do =D

/Naze 5/5
Loved it.. i freaking loved it.. but I have to say i liked raids more.. =( Nice job tho

Nbah 4/5
Don't get me wrong.. it looked great.. but that is ALOT of doodads and it lags rather badly.. nice job but raid's got ya beat..

Raid 6/5!
Lol what can i say this terrain was freaking perfect you used mad amounts of doodads but i love how you turned floating iceburgs into a staircase and how you made the water into a slide down the mountain thing.. it was great my vote goes to you =D

Terra 2/5
As much as I admire you trying without the custom skins.. I just didnt like it all that much.. Nice try tho

Slaydon 2/5
How you can fit over 7000 doodads in a small corner of the map i don't know.. but honestly.. not much for it..

Void 5/5
Once again.. loved it.. but raids creativity and time consuming work payed off.. =( good job.. tho.. looks nice..

Mr.Goblin = DUDE YOUR SO AWSOME +rep 1337/10

Raid100 = i really liked your concept, but it gets repetitive alot. 8.5/10

Void = the atmosphere is great! and epic!, but it gets boring after awhile cause its the same thing over and over again... 9/10

\Naze = Nice idea, abit small tought, but overall pretty nice with the size of your map.
7.5/10

Nbah = I love the warcraft3 effects and the atmosphere, nice idea for the cavern, but the wood gets abit repetitive, but it is overall pretty good 7/10

Slaydon = hum no comments 2/10 for the effort

Terradon = Hum pretty mutch the same comments as Chief-Oblivion 3/10

Level 4
My votes were tied at Raid1000 and Void... I really love Raid's construction with doodads and stuff, I'd never have the patience to do that... but I also love Void's atmosphere and stuff. It gets repetitive after a while (void's, I mean like the trees and stuff) but the construction is also really good.

I think i'm gonna give void the vote though because his was more original (the lighting). And because he's my friend who showed me this site (although that shouldnt matter D:)

Level 34
Right now your IPs seem to be different. I trust you anyways, there should be no problem. Although Wolf, just leave out the being a friend part next time. :\

Level 34
You can always tell people about the poll, just be sure not to advertise in a way that pulls towards voting for you.

Level 34
I can't judge until I get wc3 back on my computer. I don't seem to have any CDs at my house, so I'll go get some from a friend. Unless everyone is fine with Belgarath being the only judge.

Level 28
Just a random question Naze how do you pronounce your name? Is it like Nazi but with an E or is it like Haze with an N? Or what?

One thing: Profiles.

Hmm, not a lot of people posted screenshots, but when they did, not a lot took them from game camera angle... o_O

void, I think it's Naizz, like Haze.

Huh... It is like Haze with an N... Why? lol

Yeah, you made me smile with that question, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.