• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #5 - POLL

Which submission was best?

• [url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1145076-post683.html"]terradont[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1144067-post657.html"]UnholyDobry[/url]

• [url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1131690-post531.html"]Revolve[/url]

• [url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1156473-post984.html"]Dentothor[/url]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
still no votes for moi

Saying that won't get you any votes, captain obvious.
Don't be sad though, if you keep practicing (that's if you really want to), you WILL become good enough eventually and people WILL vote for you. It's just a matter of hard work and determination.
Don't look for tutorials about "How to do...", like "how to paint feathers", "how to do metal", "how to make tasty foot odor soup" etc., because they are usually bad and there's never one precise way to do a thing. Search for tutorials that give you tips, like how light interacts with surfaces for example.
Better luck next time, cheers.

Level 10
I voted and then read through all the posts, but my vote still stands: I like and voted for The_Silent's icons. Unholy aura and Feral Spirit could use some work with proportions and some more creative use, but Avatar and Blink are good, and Howl Of Terror is godly.

Just my 2c.

Level 36
Yes, and I already made it clear that you have been excused.

Oh, don't be such a cunt, for fuck's sake. Just don't count his vote.

Honestly, letting someone off the hook every once in a while is a good thing to do. Especially when they mean no harm, I doubt he voted for himself because he wanted to unfold his evil plot to take over the Hive one contest at a time (AHEM OZIRIS AHEM).

He knows the rules now, so it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Level 16
Oh, don't be such a cunt, for fuck's sake. Just don't count his vote.

Honestly, letting someone off the hook every once in a while is a good thing to do. Especially when they mean no harm, I doubt he voted for himself because he wanted to unfold his evil plot to take over the Hive one contest at a time (AHEM OZIRIS AHEM).

He knows the rules now, so it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Excused = Forgiven? uh..

Nobody gives a shit if you voted for yourself. Seriously.

don't say that, the first competition I participate, people Ran over me, and said i was a /$%@# member, that it's again the rule..blablablablabla.. back than i was a newb...

yeah depends if they changed the settings, but it's normal 50% public vote, 50% Judge vote.. so i might loose if they vote for Bananahunt or Ike Ike.. by like 2 points.. but still.. i could be second or even third, but it does help alot, and makes me proud :D

cause i never got first at a competition here at the hive..

Level 16
yeah depends if they changed the settings, but it's normal 50% public vote, 50% Judge vote.. so i might loose if they vote for Bananahunt or Ike Ike.. by like 2 points.. but still.. i could be second or even third, but it does help alot, and makes me proud :D

cause i never got first at a competition here at the hive..

# 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
# 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

:)

NOW we are talking, finaly they changed the rule.. damn i'm happy now, hopes it will be for each next competition now..

I remember the flamming in each contest between void and FamousPeaker, or Osiriz Vs everyboby, or Dionessis vs TDR or multiaccount votes etc.. and all the shizzle the open public votes could bring..

Damn, i'm happy now :D

in this case.. MAY THE BEST WIN!!

Level 36
NOW we are talking, finaly they changed the rule.. damn i'm happy now, hopes it will be for each next competition now..

I remember the flamming in each contest between void and FamousPeaker, or Osiriz Vs everyboby, or Dionessis vs TDR or multiaccount votes etc.. and all the shizzle the open public votes could bring..

Damn, i'm happy now :D

in this case.. MAY THE BEST WIN!!

After this contest, it will be 0% poll, 100% judging. Like with TC7.

News to me too.

Same. I like having polls count for something at least.

In some contests where cheating is more common (such as mapping contests), the poll can be worth less. Modeling contests for example usually go pretty well so you don't need to make the voting worth as less.

It depends on the contest.

Level 18
That's not the main reason why polls should count for less. People usually don't look at all entries and blindly vote for someone who they think is probably best. They sometimes even don't look at the entry of the person they vote for. That way, the polls are inaccurate and should count for way less then the judges, because it's their job to look at every entry.

In something like an art contest, where images pretty much give a good impression of the quality of an entry, polls tend to be okay. In things such as mapping contests where people only have a few screenshots and stuff to go by, people tend to vote based on that.

Not everyone has the patience to go through and test every map, and not everyone has the patience to go through and view every model ingame, etc.

I think polls give users a sense that they're helping their favourite entry have a better chance of winning. Get rid of that and you'd probably end up with less contest enthusiasm.

Level 18
Yea, you're right about that. Even though only the icon contest is as good as flawless, since there's not much else to check out about them (skins could have flaws, which you don't see in a screenshot). But I guess a 5-10% poll count would be ok then if it's about an indication.

Level 34
I've seen anonymous submission contests, and I didn't like them. We won't be using them while I'm around.

yes and no.. i remember the time when TDR and Supa where still participating at the Hive competitions.. me, Pir@midhead, Dionessis and mayne others, we were having hard times to be even in third place, like when Void, Madsen and FamousSpeaker were participating for the terrain competition.. it was than almost impossible to make it third place..

Status
Not open for further replies.