• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Spell Request Workshop

Spell Workshop Banner.png

Before posting a request, please read below

Introduction

Note that this is a spell workshop, which means I will only be taking spell requests (no systems). If you see that I have already taken a request, I would appreciate it if you do not post your request in the thread until you see that I am done with the request. The reasoning behind this is because I work on requests by myself and on my free time, so I do not want the requests to pile up. I would also appreciate it if you do not put multiple requests in one post. I would like to spread the love all around.

I will code all requests in GUI. With that in mind, here are a list of global systems I will use if I have to:
I am most familiar and comfortable with these systems, so if you see any system that might conflict with your map (ex: DDS or unit indexer), you will either have to switch to the ones I am using or just not post the request at all.

Format

When you post a request, please use this format:
Code:
[B][I]Spell Name[/I][/B]
Add description. Please add any important mechanics here as well (ex: what happens if a unit cast it twice on the same unit)

[COLOR=#ffff00]Level 1[/COLOR] - XX
[COLOR=#ffff00]Level 2[/COLOR] - XX
[COLOR=#ffff00]Level 3[/COLOR] - XX

[COLOR=#ff4d4d]Spell Type[/COLOR]: Instant / Unit target / Point target / Passive
[COLOR=#ffa64d]Targets Allowed[/COLOR]: XX

For example:
Storm Bolt
Throws a projectile at a target enemy unit, dealing damage and stunning the target for a few seconds.

Dispelling the stun buff should remove the stun. You also cannot stack stuns. Casting Storm Bolt on a unit that already has the stun interrupts the caster.

Level 1 - 100 damage, 5 second stun.
Level 2 - 225 damage, 5 second stun.
Level 3 - 350 damage, 5 second stun.

Spell Type: Unit target
Targets Allowed: Non magic-immune, enemy, organic

It would also be an added benefit if you can mention any special effects you had in mind. The more descriptive you are with your request, the less questions I have to ask, which means I will be less irritated and finish your request a lot quicker.​

Finished Requests

Before making your request, please make sure I have not done it before! I am also open to modifying any requests I have done in the past. When requesting a modification, please use the same format above.

Fatal Bonds
Binds several enemy units together, causing a percentage of the damage taken by a linked unit to also be dealt to other linked units. Post | Download

Smite
Hurls a bolt of damaging lightning at a target enemy unit that will split and hit nearby enemy units, dealing less damage.Post | Download

Lunge
Passively gain bonus movement speed when facing an enemy unit. If an enemy unit comes within range, the unit will lunge at the target and deal damage.Post | Download

Gather Souls
Creates an aura around the caster, damaging nearby enemy units. Enemy units killed will restore health and mana to the caster.Post | Download

Power Attack
Initiate a channel that drains mana over time. Using the ability again will charge at the target location, dealing damage and knocking back nearby enemy units.Post | Download

Shield Bash
Rushes towards the target unit, dealing damage to nearby enemy units in a cone in front of the caster.Post | Download

False Promise
Nulls all healing and damage done to a target. If the target takes more damage than healing done and it's current hit points, it will be killed.Post | Download

Molten Armor
Increases the armor of the target unit while also giving it a chance to critically hit on attacks and spells. Can be set to Auto-cast.Post | Download

Blastphemy
Instantly deals magic damage to the target. Deals more damage the closer the caster's mana is to 50%.Post | Download

Lightning Strike
Calls down a number of lightning bolts to strike down in a line that will deal damage and slow the movement rate of nearby enemy units.Post | Download

Transcendent Rescue
Dashes towards the target location, leaving a trail that will heal friendly units. After the dash, the caster will take reduced damage and have the ability to walk through units.Post | Download

Last edited:
Level 21
This is so nice of you and really unexpected since activity has been quite low here lately. Looks like I'll be your first 'customer'. I'm sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, but I wasn't able to find anything similar.

Fatal Bonds

Binds several enemy units together, causing 25% of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others. Lasts 15 seconds.

This should work like a negative Spirit Walker's Spirit Link, with the same special effects and lightning effect if possible.

It should be dispellable. When the buff gets dispelled from a unit, that unit should no longer receive 25% of the damage dealt to other units who still have the buff and it should also stop spreading damage to other still bonded units.

Damage sustained over Fatal Bonds should never actually be fatal (Isn't it ironic?). Fatal damage sustained via Fatal Bonds should reduce a unit to 1 hit point, and dispel the buff from the unit (just like Spirit Link).

Successive casts shouldn't stack - the existing buff should be removed from the target when a new one is cast.

Level 1 - Binds up to 4 enemy units together, causing 25% of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others. Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 2 - Binds up to 5 enemy units together, causing 25% of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others. Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 3 - Binds up to 6 enemy units together, causing 25% of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others. Lasts 15 seconds.

Targets Allowed: Organic, non-hero, non magic-immune enemy units (air and ground).

Is it possible to make this in GUI?

Last edited:
Level 21
Is the only difference that instead of distributing damage among the affected units, the damaged unit takes the full damage and other linked units take 25% of that damage?
Yes, that's basically the only difference (and it should target enemy units). I updated my post above with additional information. By the way, modifying the Spirit Link spell doesn't work since it's quite quirky and limited. It will only chain to allies, even if you change the targets allowed to enemies. The damage will only split between units owned by the same player and it doesn't work with negative values.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'm a unfamiliar with Spirit Link, but from the looks of it, your spell descripition looks exactly like it. Is the only difference that instead of distributing damage among the affected units, the damaged unit takes the full damage and other linked units take 25% of that damage?
o_O

When was the last time you opened up the game?

~~~

Spirit Link, the Spirit Walker's Initiate-level spell, imbues a group of units around the target unit with a special buff, causing damage taken by any one of them to be shared with the group, reducing the amount of damage any one takes. (Effectively mitigates focus-firing tactics).

Level 8
This looks interesting. I probably won't make a request but I'll definitely keep an eye on it to see what others come up with. I'm surprised that a similar thread doesn't already exist though.

Level 37
Fatal Bonds
Binds several enemy units together, causing 25% of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others. Lasts 15 seconds.

This should work like a negative Spirit Walker's Spirit Link, with the same special effects and lightning effect if possible.

It should be dispellable. When the buff gets dispelled from a unit, that unit should no longer receive 25% of the damage dealt to other units who still have the buff and it should also stop spreading damage to other still bonded units.

Damage sustained over Fatal Bonds should never actually be fatal (Isn't it ironic?). Fatal damage sustained via Fatal Bonds should reduce a unit to 1 hit point, and dispel the buff from the unit (just like Spirit Link).

Successive casts shouldn't stack - the existing buff should be removed from the target when a new one is cast.

Level 1 - Binds up to 4 enemy units together, causing 25% of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others. Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 2 - Binds up to 5 enemy units together, causing 25% of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others. Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 3 - Binds up to 6 enemy units together, causing 25% of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others. Lasts 15 seconds.

Targets Allowed: Organic, non-hero, non magic-immune enemy units (air and ground).

Lightning effects get pretty wonky when they are hooked onto air units that are flying over high or low terrain. I also thought about making it so that a spell instance doesn't start unless there are at least 2 units linked, but I got lazy because this spell already took a lot of work. Other than that:

- Buff indicator is from the Cripple ability
- Almost the same special effects. I couldn't get the original Spirit Link caster & target spell effects because they don't have a "real" death animation
- Dispellable. Units are succesfully removed from the "linked" group when they lose the buff
- Damage taken from bonds are not fatal. Big thanks to @Bribe for showing me how to absorb damage and reduce their HP to 1 at the same time
- Successive casts do not stack. The previous instance will end and a new one will be created​

GIF Preview

FatalBondsPreview.gif

Requirements

Changelog

v1.00 (27 October 2016)
  • Uploaded
v1.01 (27 October 2016)
  • Added configurables for lightning effect (red, green, blue, alpha)

Attachments

• Fatal Bonds v1.00.w3x
    50.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Fatal Bonds v1.01.w3x
    50.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Level 4
Smite
Strikes the enemy with chain and breaks in two and damages nearby units with 100 radius of initial target.

Level 1 - 225% of strength as damage. 125% break damage
Level 2 - 275% of strength as damage. 175% break damage
Level 3 - 325% of strength as damage. 225% break damage.

Targets Allowed: ground, ancient, hero, mechanical

Additional info: The spell is like chain lightning. Target is maxed to 3 including initial target. Must be MUI.

SFX: Like chain lightning but a little more straight like a laser. Same for the bounce sfx.

Reference:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/screenshot_2016-10-27-19-20-46-jpg.251279/

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
There is an ability in SC2 where a unit gains a boost of movement speed -and- gains the ability to charge.

I was thinking of that concept and think it could be awesome to see it in action, thought of coding it myself but I imagined two issues which I don't think I would be able to achieve on a level where I am satisfied.
1. Make/find the run effect used in sc2
2. code the charge to not look clunky

You can probably find plenty of videos on youtube and such. The unit is Zealot, with the abiliy Charge.

Lunge
When running towards an enemy unit, gain bonus movement speed, and once in within x radius of the target charge at the target.

Level 1 - Bonus movement speed 20%, charge bonus damage 20
Level 2 - Bonus movement speed 25%, charge bonus damage 30
Level 3 - Bonus movement speed 30%, charge bonus damage 40

Spell Type: Passive
Targets Allowed: Enemy, ground

Level 37
Smite
Strikes the enemy with chain and breaks in two and damages nearby units with 100 radius of initial target.

Additional info: The spell is like chain lightning. Target is maxed to 3 including initial target. Must be MUI.

SFX: Like chain lightning but a little more straight like a laser. Same for the bounce sfx.
Sounds good. I'm a little confused with what you mean by "like chain lightning but more straight." Lightning types are textures, so there's nothing you can really do about it. I'll work on this later today.

Lunge
When running towards an enemy unit, gain bonus movement speed, and once in within x radius of the target charge at the target.

Unless you want me enumerating through the whole map, I take it that the enemy unit has to be within a certain radius for the unit to get the bonus movement speed? Also, is there a cooldown on the charge, and will the unit charge to the closest unit to him?

OT: I would have never expected you to make a request here :D I hope you know this will be in GUI !

That looks freakin' sweet. Nice job.
I'm glad you like it!

es, indeed, very nice initiative killkill! You will get Hive's representive spell maker. ^^
Thank you :D

I finally got the spell i've been wanting for YEARS!:grin:
I can see why. Hands down the most complicated spell I've ever had to make lol.

Level 37
Smite

I know you specified for it to only hit ground units, but for others who end up using it and change it, the lightning effects will appear wonky when casted on air units that are flying over high or low terrain. There really is no fix for that it seems ;_; I also failed tried making it with very little hardcode. Right now, the spell is hardcoded to only have one jump, but it can jump to any n number of targets. When I figure out how to make it jump multiple times, I will update the map. Also, I'm not so sure I get the "ancient" thing you asked for. Are they strictly structures or is it just something else? Let me know if you have problems getting the lightning to hit ancient units. For now:

- Chain will always jump to the n closest targets (stole the sort algorithm from a snippet by @DiscipleOfLife and modified it to my needs)
- Both main damage and secondary damage are configurable

GIF Preview

SmitePreview.gif

Requirements

• None

Changelog

v1.00 (29 October 2016)
  • Uploaded

Attachments

• Smite v1.00.w3x
    24 KB · Views: 113

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Unless you want me enumerating through the whole map, I take it that the enemy unit has to be within a certain radius for the unit to get the bonus movement speed? Also, is there a cooldown on the charge, and will the unit charge to the closest unit to him?

OT: I would have never expected you to make a request here :D I hope you know this will be in GUI !

Oh, very true. 500 units-ish I believe.
I think a two second cooldown should be sweet.
It would charge the unit he is ordered to attack.

Laziness overload. And yes, I don't mind GUI. I can write jass but I cannot understand it, so technically I should not use another persons jass xd

Level 22
Would be interesting to see the architecture/structure of a spell like this. (Also, I don't see one on the Spells Section).

Glimpse
Teleports the target hero back to where it was seconds ago.

Level 1 - 5 seconds ago
Level 2 - 6 seconds ago
Level 3 - 7 seconds ago

Targets Allowed: Enemy

Level 13
Would be interesting to see the architecture/structure of a spell like this. (Also, I don't see one on the Spells Section).

I guess one has to use a circular buffer with a size of duration / timeout, and at each timeout add the position of the target unit to the buffer, at the end of the duration the first entry of the buffer would be the desired past location of the unit, I think?

Oh... I was thinking it was more like a "passive ability" that would record the position of the hero/unit that has it, but this... doesn't that mean that a spell like that would require having a circular buffer for all [enemy] units?

Last edited:
Level 4
Also, I'm not so sure I get the "ancient" thing you asked for.

just let people choose from ground/flying or hero/unit. adding other filters like ancient, spell immune, etc. might confuse you :) Let us add other classifications according to our needs.

Chain will always jump to the n closest targets (stole the sort algorithm from a snippet by @DiscipleOfLife and modified it to my needs)

Does the "nearest unit" only work on the initial target? or when it jumps it also considers the nearest unit from the jumped target and completely ignores the initial target?

Last edited:
Level 37
Glimpse
Teleports the target hero back to where it was seconds ago.

Level 1 - 5 seconds ago
Level 2 - 6 seconds ago
Level 3 - 7 seconds ago

Maan that sounds complicated (even with the library linked by IcemanBo). I'll keep it in my list for now, but no promises that I can finish it.

Does the "nearest unit" only work on the initial target? or when it jumps it also considers the nearest unit from the jumped target and completely ignores the initial target?
Sounds like you haven't opened up the test map and or didn't look at the GIF. It's a unit target spell, so the spell starts there and then jumps to the n closest targets.

Level 13
Gather Souls
Creates an aura around the caster that will damage nearby enemies in 400 radius each second, each enemy killed restores the mana and health of the caster while the aura lasts. Doubles the restoration value when a hero is killed while the aura last. (Its like a "cloak of flame" ability that damages nearby enemies, only difference is that it can't be turn off and only last for 6 seconds. The spell won't be interuppted even if the caster moves, stunned or silenced.

You can use this SFX GatherSouls

Level 1 - 10 + 30%INT damage per second, heals 10% of maximum health + 10% of STR and restores 5% of maximum mana + 5% of INT for each enemy unit killed, X2 if a hero is killed.
Level 2 - 30 + 30%INT damage per second, heals 10% of maximum health + 10% of STR and restores 5% of maximum mana + 5% of INT for each enemy unit killed, X2 if a hero is killed
Level 3 - 50 + 30%INT damage per second, heals 10% of maximum health + 10% of STR and restores 5% of maximum mana + 5% of INT for each enemy unit killed, X2 if a hero is killed

Spell Type: Instant
Targets Allowed: Any organic unit, not structure and mechanical

Last edited:
Level 13
I take it that it can be interrupted by ordering the caster to move or if they get stunned?
Uhmmm sorry about that. No it won't be cancelled even if the caster moves, stunned or silence. Just like the "cloak of flame" ability, the caster damages nearby enemy units while moving.

Level 37
Lunge

Oh man that spell took way longer than I thought. Some things to consider:
  • The bonus movement speed is gained from Slow Aura. I chose this because it doesn't show up in the command card, and since its an aura, it cannot be dispelled
  • Since I'm using Slow Aura, it appears as a negative buff. The fix I have for it right now is just changing the text to green so it looks friendly (|cff00ff00Hunter|r)
  • If you have a unit indexer in your map, you should probably get rid of it. The spell requires GUI Unit Event, which has a unit indexer in itself. I needed to use this system because I need to reset data for units with the passive ability that get removed from the map
Other than that, here are the mechanics I implemented:

- Hero only gains movement speed when facing the unit and if the unit is within the radius. Big thanks to @Dr Super Good for the math
- Hero can only charge enemies within a certain radius. I purposely made it big in the GIF below so you can visually see the charge happening. It's sort of hard to see when it's really close
- You cannot interrupt the Hero during the charge. I originally had it so that it would switch targets if the player did so, but it got way too complicated.
- Charge has a cooldown

GIF Preview

LungePreview.gif

Requirements

Changelog

v1.00 (01 November 2016)
  • Uploaded

Attachments

• Lunge v1.00.w3x
    35.7 KB · Views: 129
Level 37
They have the same exact variables, so the system you are using shouldn't be affected.

I figured you'd be able to add your own modifications, but on the off chance you get lazy, just let me know lol.

@jonbon29 I'm going to start on your request tonight. I just have a two questions.

Level 1 - 10 + 30%INT damage per second, heals 10% of health + 10% of STR and restores 5% of mana + 5% of INT for each enemy unit killed, X2 if a hero is killed.
Level 2 - 30 + 30%INT damage per second, heals 10% of health + 10% of STR and restores 5% of mana + 5% of INT for each enemy unit killed, X2 if a hero is killed
Level 3 - 50 + 30%INT damage per second, heals 10% of health + 10% of STR and restores 5% of mana + 5% of INT for each enemy unit killed, X2 if a hero is killed
What are you referring to when you say "10% of health" and "5% of mana"? Could you also specify if you mean maximum or current?

My other question is what should happen if the caster were to initiate another Gather Souls instance while they still have an active one?

Level 13
Ah sorry for being not so descriptive.

Question 1: Heals 10% of maximum health and 5% of maximum mana of the caster.
Question 2: We'll the ability has a cooldown longer enough for the active Gather Souls to be gone and cast again. So casting the ability while there is still an active is not possible, or in case your going to base it off by the "cloak of flames" ability. I'm guessing you could use the "Berserk" ability as a base. Plus, I'm only using this ability for 1 hero though.

Level 37
Gather Souls
Creates an aura around the caster that will damage nearby enemies in 400 radius each second, each enemy killed restores the mana and health of the caster while the aura lasts. Doubles the restoration value when a hero is killed while the aura last. (Its like a "cloak of flame" ability that damages nearby enemies, only difference is that it can't be turn off and only last for 6 seconds. The spell won't be interuppted even if the caster moves, stunned or silenced.

You can use this SFX GatherSouls

Level 1 - 10 + 30%INT damage per second, heals 10% of maximum health + 10% of STR and restores 5% of maximum mana + 5% of INT for each enemy unit killed, X2 if a hero is killed.
Level 2 - 30 + 30%INT damage per second, heals 10% of maximum health + 10% of STR and restores 5% of maximum mana + 5% of INT for each enemy unit killed, X2 if a hero is killed
Level 3 - 50 + 30%INT damage per second, heals 10% of maximum health + 10% of STR and restores 5% of maximum mana + 5% of INT for each enemy unit killed, X2 if a hero is killed

Spell Type: Instant
Targets Allowed: Any organic unit, not structure and mechanical
I couldn't find anything ingame that matched with the SFX you linked me, so I went ahead and found these to go with it: Pursuer (Target SFX) & Dark Orb (Caster SFX). They are obviously not requirements, but if you plan on using them, make sure to credit @Vortigon for it! The unit indexer requirement is there because I didn't want to waste hashtable space just from storing an integer. Keep in mind that ANY unit indexer will work, not specifically Bribe's. I went ahead and also added a buff indicator for the ability through the use of Slow Aura. Since the ability itself is for enemies only, it will appear red. Changing the text to green is my current fix for it. Here are other mechanics I implemented:

- Units that die within range of multiple auras will restore the casters of each aura
- Heroes killed in the aura restore n times more than the default
- Aura is not dispellable and cannot be interrupted. The caster can also freely move around
- Casting the aura when the caster already has the aura will just refresh the instance
- Damage bonuses will update with the current stats of the Hero (includes bonuses), not what it had on cast

GIF Preview

GatherSoulsPreview.gif

Requirements

• Any unit indexer

Changelog

v1.00 (02 November 2016)
  • Uploaded

Attachments

• Gather Souls v1.00.w3x
    31.2 KB · Views: 118
Level 11
Power Slash
The user begins channeling into a single devastating attack. This drains 2% of his mana per second.

Click a target using normal attack to charge at lighting speed. The user will appear behind him. The target will be stunned for a short duration.

He can move during the channeling without disrupting it. If he gets stunned, or knockbacked, etc. viva spells, or normal attack, it becomes disrupted.

The spell should be avoidable and the channeling should not be dispellable.

Level 1 - (1 x Agi) x % of Mana Consumed
Cooldown: 60s
Stun: .10s
Range of Charge: 100

Level 2 - (2 x Agi) x % of Mana Consumed
Cooldown: 54s
Stun: .20s
Range of Charge: 200

Level 3 - (3 x Agi) x % of Mana Consumed
Cooldown: 48s
Stun: .30s
Range of Charge: 300

Spell Type: Point target
Targets Allowed: All enemies except air

Sfx: A white light at where the weapon is that continuously becomes bigger as you channel.
After the slash, the target gets blood splattered, or black masking, or any similar effect.

Level 4
I don't know of item abilities are accepted here but i'll try anyway. Been trying to do this myself using Bribe's damage detection engine but failed on the percent part.

Critical Strike for Spells
Item ability that gives chance to do critical damage when using damaging abilities.

Level 1 - 25% chance for spell to critical hit

Spell Type: Item/Passive
Targets Allowed: None

Other info: I tried using hero has item type and put a debug message and seems to be working every time the unit casts a spell but when i added (Random interger from 1 to 100) equal to (tried every amount, even 100) like i usually do when adding a percent to do something else its not working anymore.

Level 11
I see. Thanks for looking at my request, anyway. Well, I hope this next request is not too cinematic, then.

Power Attack
The user begins channeling his strength behind a single devastating attack. Attack animation is stopped before a swing during channeling.

He should be able to move during channeling (I do not mind if this can't be done). This drains 2% of his mana per second.

Click to normal attack to activate the spell on all targets within 100 radius of the main target or in front of the user. This deals damage and knockback the targets x range.

If he gets stunned, or knockbacked, etc. viva spells, or normal attack, it becomes disrupted. The spell should be avoidable.

Level 1 - Damage = (1 x Str) x % of Mana Consumed

Level 2 - Damage = (2 x Str) x % of Mana Consumed

Level 3 - Damage = (3 x Str) x % of Mana Consumed

Spell Type: Unit Target
Targets Allowed: All enemies except air.

Last edited:
Level 37
Ah yes i forgot about that part! I was sleepy when i tried to do this.
So you do not need the request then? :)

@Clanzion I'm a little confused with a lot of parts of your request.

Click to normal attack to activate the spell on all targets within 100 radius of the main target or in front of the user.
So does this spell channel as long the caster has mana?

Attack animation is stopped before a swing during channeling
What does this mean?

This drains 2% of his mana per second.
Current mana or maximum mana?

If he gets stunned, or knockbacked, etc. viva spells, or normal attack, it becomes disrupted.
I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to do that if the caster can move around at the same time.

The spell should be avoidable.
How can a unit target spell be avoidable?

Level 4
@KILLCIDE, yes i dont need it anymore. please remove my post :)

I see. Thanks for looking at my request, anyway. Well, I hope this next request is not too cinematic, then.

Power Attack
The user begins channeling his strength behind a single devastating attack. Attack animation is stopped before a swing during channeling.

He should be able to move during channeling (I do not mind if this can't be done). This drains 2% of his mana per second.

Click to normal attack to activate the spell on all targets within 100 radius of the main target or in front of the user. This deals damage and knockback the targets x range.

If he gets stunned, or knockbacked, etc. viva spells, or normal attack, it becomes disrupted. The spell should be avoidable.

Level 1 - Damage = (1 x Str) x % of Mana Consumed

Level 2 - Damage = (2 x Str) x % of Mana Consumed

Level 3 - Damage = (3 x Str) x % of Mana Consumed

Spell Type: Unit Target
Targets Allowed: All enemies except air.

@KILLCIDE, i agree that some of his descriptions are hard to understand but on the bright side, this spell sounds like Dota Alchemist's Unstable Concoction

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
@KIllCIDE

So does this spell channel as long the caster has mana?

Yes

What does this mean?

By that, I meant that while the person is channeling, the animation will freeze at the back swing. When he does normal attack to use the spell, the attack animation will unfreeze and complete as normally. If not possible or too hard, you can ignore this part.

Current mana or maximum mana?

Maximum Mana

I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to do that if the caster can move around at the same time.

He can move around while channeling. If he gets stunned, or knockbacked, he should not be able to move around. I hope this clarifies this part.

How can a unit target spell be avoidable?

My bad, in that case it should be point target.

Level 37
By that, I meant that while the person is channeling, the animation will freeze at the back swing. When he does normal attack to use the spell, the attack animation will unfreeze and complete as normally. If not possible or too hard, you can ignore this part.
Hmm yeah sorry that seems a bit complicated since I can't visualize what you mean. I'll skip out on this part.

He can move around while channeling. If he gets stunned, or knockbacked, he should not be able to move around. I hope this clarifies this part.
What I meant was that I don't think its even possible. I think that Bribe's knockback system has a boolean that lets me check if they are currently being knockbacked, but I will need to double check. If not, then I don't think its possible for me to implement this mechanic.

My bad, in that case it should be point target.
If it's point target, does that mean the spell hits multiple targets?

Level 37
@Clanzion after working on the spell a little more, I finally understood what you meant by freezing it before the attack animation. Unfortunately with WC3, freezing the animation means completely freezing the hero. It looks extremely silly having a non-animated & stiff Hero roaming amongst the battlefield. With that in mind, not freezing it before the attack animation also makes it look silly how the Hero just walks around and then suddenly charges at a target location.

Level 11
@KILLCIDE I see your point. The only way I can see this part being done smoothly is to make an animation that has both the back swing freeze and walking around. This can be done on my part.

Therefore, you can remove the ability to move around during channeling to make it easier.

I do believe your mistaking a mechanic of Power Slash with Power Attack. There is no charging in Power Attack. It is essentially a normal attack with knockback and multiple targets being hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.