• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
You realize that we have almost two months left...?
I finished my Minigame contest map in the 3 days before it was due, 1 of them being brainstorming, so it shows you can make [fairly] good maps fast enough of you work hard.

Level 16
The original deadline is 3 months. Its enough for any type of map. I personally dont want to see the deadline extented, it's ofc up to bob eventually. It definately wont be extented for a mere reason of miss communication between you, nearbyhermit and your partner.

Level 24
Bob, when i finish my map what i have to do ?????

Yea, attach it to the post. If you wanted you could pm it to me, but it would have to be released to the public sometime, since there will be a public poll.

And remember to only submit a map if you are sure it will be your final entry, because if you want to submit an updated version of the map after you have already submitted an older versions, chances are that we will not be marking your map again.

And I think that I have given people more then enough time, I will only extend it if there are almost no maps completed. And anyway it is way to early to even be considering an extension.

Level 24
If enough people have not finished their map, but will only need at max a week to finish it, then yes maybe. But chances are that I won't.

And I don't see how you can be certain that you will not finish this, since there is still over 2 months to go.

Level 10
Actualy 2 month is enough time to make 2 good maps if you are realy working on it. So even if u go on vacation for 2 weeks and your grandmother get's sick there is time enough to create a playable version of the map before the deadline. U can polish the edges afterwards (i hope that you are not making a map ONLY for this contest)

Level 10
Its not fair to have an extension just because YOU made a mistake in communication with your partner.

All of the other 30 something teams seem to have no problem with the dead line, yet there is a 1 week extension just because you made a mistake.

An extension should only be due if it was the person who made the deadline who made a mistake by making it too early. And Most or ALL of the teams are not finishing in time.

However if ONE team has a problem with communication, then you have picked the wrong partner, and that is your own fault.

2 months is alot of time. I finish maps in a week, and i only work on them for about 1 hour a day. 7 hours. You can stuff 7 hours into a day, a week, a month.

Dont give me bullshit about "But my map is deh pwnzors, it is so pwnzors it needs a biggilion years." Everyone is taking their time, and im sure everyone is making great maps. And when i say taking their time, i dont only mean working on the map slowly, but working on it easily and not letting it take ove rmost of their day.

Which i think is the primary reason why it was made a 3 month deadline. So people can brainstorm, go at their own pace. And make a good map.

You should try communicating with Hereto better. It sounds to me that its only YOU developing the map. And not letting Hereto contribute properly. Hear his ideas, and communicate with him properly, make sure that he has accepted to your idea/ideas and that you accept to his idea/ideas.

Level 10
Hey guys, since my partner lost motive and hasn't talked about it. I may not be able to finish the map, I will do my best since im working on the Mini Game contest.

Level 4
Some people can complete a lot of work in a short period of time using WE. If one plans before actually loading up WE, much work can be done, I however, tend to stare at WE and attempt to think at the same time, very inefficient.

Level 1
Hi i want to join the paired map contest my friend Wallus (hes on Battle net) made the triggers and most of the units and i did the terrain and story the name of the game is Epic Battles.

Hi i want to join the paired map contest my friend Wallus (hes on Battle net) made the triggers and most of the units and i did the terrain and story the name of the game is Epic Battles.

You'll have to get him to make an account here too then.

Also, you can't join if you completed your map beforehand...

Level 21
NO! I shall work! yeah but I did lose motive. That happens in about every contest ever. But this... I can do this. Lol have you ever tried to terrain 256 by 256? It just seems so hopeless... blahblahblah with my problems..

Yes I have, many times over. Many people most likely have. It's a very big map size... but we're using that size too (Shados and I) -_- suckage, yes

Level 16
Lot of people seem to have communication problems. My suggestions:

Get an email account (example at www.hotmail.com)
Get MSN
Dont work with anyone who doesnt have MSN address.
Get your partners MSN address
Use MSN

If your partner doesnt want to use msn, forget about him and find a new partner who will. Then there shouldnt be so many complaints "I havent heard of my partner for 24h omg omg".

Level 3
Hey there, we just wanted to provide you a little sneak preview about how the "BEER BEER"-gameplay is going to be! Therefor we have a little screenshot and a link, where you can easily experience how the game will feel like.
Have fun! :grin:

click

Attachments

• beerbeersinnlos.jpg
    beerbeersinnlos.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 114
Hey there, we just wanted to provide you a little sneak preview about how the "BEER BEER"-gameplay is going to be! Therefor we have a little screenshot and a link, where you can easily experience how the game will feel like.
Have fun! :grin:

click

Really nice terrain!!!Good job so far!!!The house there and generally the atmosphere there give it a 10!!Very nice!!+rep

Level 7
how i can find a good pair for the contest the problem is that i am new in this page
Yea .... well .. don't you have any friends that like Warcraft or something?

Otherwise go to Battle.net or something and get some friends here or Battle.net (I Prefer Battle.net since its more easier :thumbs_up:).

Then of course you can just PM someone here or something (whatever floats your boat) and then try and find a partner here.

And you can't have me since I have a partner already lolz.

No entries so far? I'm surprised!
WELL DUH!!!!!!! THERES ONLY 2 MONTHS LEFT WHAT'D YOU EXPECT ... people these days become lazy and stuff and probably not even finish their maps :bored: (not offending anyone in the contest of course or anyone in Hive).

Map Percentage as of Today:
Triggers - 90%
Terrain - 72%
Units - 97%
Sounds - 100%
Imports - 100%
Abilities - 89%
Secrets - 90%
:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 3
(BEER BEER is already finished, we just don't want to demoralize you guys! Therefor we plan to retain the map for a couple of weeks!!1)

:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.