• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #3 - Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
wtf ? we are 2 different persons -.- come on into Bnet ?

Yes ofc. we registrered at our school, so what proofs you want from us so we can show that we are different persons ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
Just leave the guy be. Even if he made dual accounts, we cannot prove it. IP address isn't enough IMO. He would have to abuse these double accounts, like repping each other. If it's one person, he just has less of a chance of winning. Usually two is better than one if the two can stay focused.

Level 17
Even if he did make dual accounts, I don't see why its terribly important, that would just mean double the work for him, so his map would be less detailed or he'd spend considerably more time on it before submitting. If he's got a partner, that would be fine, if he's got 2 accounts just let him take the handicap. Seriously it shouldn't be that big an issue should it?

Even if he did make dual accounts, I don't see why its terribly important, that would just mean double the work for him, so his map would be less detailed or he'd spend considerably more time on it before submitting. If he's got a partner, that would be fine, if he's got 2 accounts just let him take the handicap. Seriously it shouldn't be that big an issue should it?
Not really, as making a map yourself can sometimes be easier. Part of the challenge is communicating effectively with your partner.

Dreadnought[dA];586819 said:
Bob you have got to change how voting is done. The person with the most friends wins basically. The last contest was extremely unfair in my opinion and this problem needs to be resolved. Even a blind man can see that Trials of Kalimdor is far superior to When Servers Collide.
That was part of our plan; wouldn't you vote for a map you were in?

Level 1
so wew cant enter ._. but we already started >=O its a bit unfair? all my friends arent very good with world editor and my lil bro (9) likes icons and items >< please reconsider? we try to prove as much as we can

Level 17
qtf. Suck it up.
No need to be negative, people were pointing out the current voting system isn't the least biased way to do things, what's wrong with suggesting something to make the process better?

I would think, that in a contest, anything that would make said contest more fair would be a good thing, instead of telling the people to "suck it up" preceded by "quoted for truth", "quit fucking trolling", or "quit fucking talking". Uncommon internet abbreviations make me need google. When they have multiple possibilities, full words would help. X_X

Level 2
So guys i see.. well we have already worked several hours on our map and if we can't compete.. well its just not feels right... but its your call.. We will complete the map anyway..

Level 34
No need to be negative, people were pointing out the current voting system isn't the least biased way to do things, what's wrong with suggesting something to make the process better?

I would think, that in a contest, anything that would make said contest more fair would be a good thing, instead of telling the people to "suck it up" preceded by "quoted for truth", "quit fucking trolling", or "quit fucking talking". Uncommon internet abbreviations make me need google. When they have multiple possibilities, full words would help. X_X
There hasn't been a good idea yet. I doubt there is a better way. Possibly adding some sort of post or rep barrier. Anyways, I would hope people have enough decency that they wouldn't cheat on something that
A) Has no real prize
B) Is just for fun

Level 34
I figured it was fair enough. I voted for When the Servers collide because I thought that it was one of the most original and even though bugged, was well made. If finished it may have won.

Level 24
I Midnight2 and Hawkwing are entering with our map which will probably be called Black Crypts but not for sure..

Added you to the list.

Dreadnought[dA];586819 said:
Bob you have got to change how voting is done. The person with the most friends wins basically. The last contest was extremely unfair in my opinion and this problem needs to be resolved. Even a blind man can see that Trials of Kalimdor is far superior to When Servers Collide.

I can understand what you mean, but I can't really think of any ways that it could be made fairer.

Me and Angus-Young wanna join the contest .... Mapname ins probably gonna be "Micromania"... if a map with the same/ A similar titel exsists pls tell me so i can think of something new...

The user Angus-Young doesn't exist.

Level 17
Kaitech[SanD];587871 said:
Because you're clearly pretending, just because you can get 2 MSN accounts, 2 WC3 accounts and 2 THW accounts on at the same time doesn't make you superman. That's easy crap.

i doubt he would be willing to buy a second copy of wc3 so he could play 2 accounts at once, thats absurd. just play a game with both of them, or get them both into a bnet game at once and I'm sure you'll figure it out. it's entirely possible they really are 2 people and you guys are just treating them like shit. it's also possible that that other dude has a bro.

Level 2
i doubt he would be willing to buy a second copy of wc3 so he could play 2 accounts at once, thats absurd. just play a game with both of them, or get them both into a bnet game at once and I'm sure you'll figure it out. it's entirely possible they really are 2 people and you guys are just treating them like shit. it's also possible that that other dude has a bro.

Thx, a guy who understands towards you simply dumb persons... Why the f**k should I try to cheat-join a contest? for fun? omg... And someone said that I and SGMM was about to rate you postings bad and create fake accounts with eWs. names, have you seen those ? no. Why should I? please give me a reason ? Not a reason like: "Because you are a fucked up idiot that just ruins for everyone!"

I don't see why we can't join the contest? Because we registred at the same computer?, ok our misstake. Didn't know that you no-lifers didn't have any IRL friends that visit you. But now we registred at school, you probably not even go there.

But as we said before, it's up to you guys now. But I hardly think will join because Bob27 ain't very clever IMO, he don't answer our messages, he told us to post at the same time on our own computers and we did, then he stopped care as before.

Yeye, have your fun, thx to you guys that ain't retarded persons that know what IRL friends are. Hope you win Gilles because you stood up for us :D

Level 2
why did you same he's your mate :p now pyritie will call you a multiaccounter and try to kick you from the contest :p :rofl:

Well here is the deal. I would like to enter, and I have a good concept, but I simply don't have the time.

I'm going to attach what I've done so far, and anyone who wants to use can.
One condition, you credit me - that applies even if you just take the terrain idea and put it into your map.

Basically its a multi-tiered melee hero arena with flying heroes in the mix. Currently all 12 heroes use custom models. It is meant to be simple and forward combat.

Attachments

• NR Hero Arena Beta.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
Level 36
Thx, a guy who understands towards you simply dumb persons... Why the f**k should I try to cheat-join a contest? for fun? omg... And someone said that I and SGMM was about to rate you postings bad and create fake accounts with eWs. names, have you seen those ? no. Why should I? please give me a reason ? Not a reason like: "Because you are a fucked up idiot that just ruins for everyone!"

I don't see why we can't join the contest? Because we registred at the same computer?, ok our misstake. Didn't know that you no-lifers didn't have any IRL friends that visit you. But now we registred at school, you probably not even go there.

But as we said before, it's up to you guys now. But I hardly think will join because Bob27 ain't very clever IMO, he don't answer our messages, he told us to post at the same time on our own computers and we did, then he stopped care as before.

Yeye, have your fun, thx to you guys that ain't retarded persons that know what IRL friends are. Hope you win Gilles because you stood up for us :D

You know what I've realized? You sound a lot like Gollum, from the Lord of the Rings...

Talking about yourself as though you are two seperate entities (Are you schizo?) and referring to yourself in the third person?

Creepy. Don't steal my precious now.

Level 34
First off he doesn't sound a bit like Gollum, second I see no reason not to let them/him enter. As I said, even if it's one person, who cares? We can't really police cheating that well. People could have started maps a long time ago, we can't know for sure. People can make two accounts. I could for example use another computer to make an account. There's no real way of proving things on the internet. You can only assume.

Besides, it's a freaking "for fun contest". Let the guy or guys have some fun trying to compete. Who really cares if it's one person. If they want to cheat so bad, let them.

I honestly think this has been handled poorly.

Level 17
You know what I've realized? You sound a lot like Gollum, from the Lord of the Rings...

Talking about yourself as though you are two seperate entities (Are you schizo?) and referring to yourself in the third person?

Creepy. Don't steal my precious now.

although the comment was funny, i think it's far past time for everyone to stop being an ass and just let the poor guys compete. and I'm saying that for the ews team, AND the guy and his bro. just give the poor bastards a break.

If they're just one person, that just means more work for them. if it's two, they still don't have the internet as a barrier as both teams know eachother irl. it really doesn't matter, they still need a whole map, not half a map, and its not for money or anything, so just let the guys compete, and give them a fair chance.

if their map sucks then don't vote for them, but it might be good. you never know.

Woah. what the fuck - when did I become the voice of reason... life has turned backwards gradually enough that I didn't even notice it happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.