• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #2 - Party Style Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Paired Mapping Contest #2
Party Style Map
ContentsTheme
Welcome to the 2nd Paired Mapping Contest. Like the previous contest, you have to create a map in a team of 2 people. This contest, unlike the other one will have a theme to it. In this contest you will have to in pairs create a party style map, such as Uther Party, which is a series of small mini-games that are put into one map.

Rules
  • The map must be created in a team of 2 different people.
  • It must be a party style map, such as Uther Party.
  • The map must of been started after the launch of the contest. The map can not of been started before the contest starts.
  • All the entries must be unprotected so that the triggers and scripts can be looked at.
  • Imports can be used, however you will not receive any marks for them.
  • The map must have at least 4 players.
  • All maps must be under 4mb, so they can be played on bnet. Having it under 2mb is recommended.
Criteria
This is the criteria that all of the submitted maps will be judged on:

CriteriaDescriptionMarks
Mini-GamesWere the Mini-games fun, or where some of them boring? How good were each of the mini-games?/15
TerrainDid the terrain in all of the mini-games look good? Was the overall terrain in the map good, or did it look bad? Was there good detail, or did everything look very blank? Was the terrain practical with the gameplay?/10
TriggersWere the triggers used in the map good, or were they made badly. Were memory leaks fixed, or were they not?/10
Originality & CreativityHow original are the mini-games? How creative are they? Are they new, or have they been done before?/10
QualityDoes the map look good? Has it been made well, or has it been made badly? /10
The entries will be marked with 50% judging, 50% public poll. Once the deadline has been reached, all entries submitted into the contest will be marked, and a public poll opened. Please remember that the maps don't have to be completed, you can submit a map even if it is uncompleted.

Deadline
The deadline for the contest will be the 5th of January. All entries must be submitted before or on that date. All maps must be attached to a post in the thread for the final entry, stating who the 2 authors of the map are.

Edit: There will now be a one week extension.

Prizes
Bellow is a list of all the prizes that will be awarded for this contest.
1st. 40 reputation points, and an award icon.
2nd. 20 reputation points.
3rd. 10 reputation points.
All of the winners will receive their prizes once the judging is completed.

Contestants
If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating who your partner is, and the name of your map. Although the name of the map is not required, it is encouraged to post the name of the post as soon as you come up with one.

Map NameUser #1User #2Submitted
Hell Scream's PartyTaurragingspeedhornX
Mario Party 64modler2Silver-Shinobi
When Servers CollideDeskaladaPyritieX
Gods' Playground13lack.1)ragonDreadnought[dA]
Trials Of KalimdorMaelstrom_The_TwinzX
Grave GamesScyth-MasterHam Ham
Deadly GamesFullaChainer-
Pandaren PartyGerlifReflexar
TastierHitsugaya
Battlebots!PreskooldudeDonut3.5
SpammyJoelimphiX
Winter Games!HeretodlstuffWILLTHEALLMIGHTY
Sheep PoopingRED BARONYearight
thisruoySacrimo
World of PartycraftFlammenwaffleRvsoldier2
BoneBreakerFivE
Dil999Bobo_The_Kodo

Last edited:
Level 9
map : Mario Party 64
by : modler2 and Silver-Shinobi
players : 4

Attachments

• mario party wip.jpg
    mario party wip.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 815
Last edited:
Level 7
I will be entering this contest once again with my good buddy Dread.

Map name: Gods' Playground

We are excited for this contest and will hopefully have this one finished :).
I am learning more scripting so this one should have way less leaks than Heaven Bound.
I have e-mailed Dread to post here.

Level 3
My brother and I are thinking of entering. We only have 1 computer, and will of course have the same Ip if thats ok. His nick name is The_Twinz. (we used to both go under that name then i created this)

We haven't thought of a map name yet. :p

Level 24
Well what I find strange, is that I can see this deleted post by The_Twinz just before Maelstrom_'s message, and its exactly the same, and the posts are only made a minute after eachother. Any reason why its like that.

I've added everyone to the contest, except for Maelstrom, since I want an answer from him about that.

Level 14
A way to almost certainly check is to make both access Hive chat (or MSN) at once with the same IP so that someone cannot just switch between accounts.

I'm, not sure if that'd work if a person had more then one computer because then they could access with both accounts at the same time giving the look of two people.

Sorry if i'm, buting in, in anyway.

Level 3
Well what I find strange, is that I can see this deleted post by The_Twinz just before Maelstrom_'s message, and its exactly the same, and the posts are only made a minute after eachother. Any reason why its like that.

I've added everyone to the contest, except for Maelstrom, since I want an answer from him about that.

After deciding that we were possibly gonna enter, we realised that my brother didnt have an account, so i made him make one. After that i jumped back on the computer and made my post... still logged into my brothers new account lol. So i deleted it logged out and back in then posted again. :xxd:

Edit: we have 2 computers at our dads place so we can do that thing ragingspeedhorn suggested. :)

Level 24
well I said no to madcat, so it would be unfair if I said yes to you. So the best thing to do would be to find a partner here. Theres already been people asking for partners, so just send one them a pm.

And i've updated the contest list again.

Status
Not open for further replies.