• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Still, the concept of grown men watching a show for little kids starring ponies... is very strang to me.

Well sure it is but that is if you watch such all the time. Watching some show casually, doesn't make you strange or nerdy.

Ponies are CUTE that's how they won me, though apparently the plot targets like ~10 year olders and even as a kid I didn't watch too childlike cartoons. But that's it, Ponies are:

Level 35
Well sure it is but that is if you watch such all the time. Watching some show casually, doesn't make you strange or nerdy.

Ponies are CUTE that's how they won me, though apparently the plot targets like ~10 year olders and even as a kid I didn't watch too childlike cartoons. But that's it, they are cute.

I would like to further this argument with this question:
Who's less mature? People watching a cartoon made for children because they enjoy it, or the people getting together to hate on afore mentioned pony lovers with phrases such as 'what shall we do, master?' and 'we shall fire our anti-friendship rays!'?

Also, who's more gay?

Level 23
Okay...

I don't like it, because like in the case with gays, people can't keep it to themselves. Instead, I see ponies in resource threads, pony pictures sent to my VMs, pony avatars everywhere... its annoying.

You =)
And who says we don't enjoy starting a resistance?

Level 35
Clearly your 'resistance' is forgetting rule 19 of the internet.

People are allowed to have whatever they want as their avatar, people are allowed to have a thread to ponies, people are allowed to send ponies in VMs.
Just as people are allowed to be as gay as they want to their hearts content. Is it affecting you? The only way I see it 'affecting' you is when you can't stop thinking about it.

Anyway, let's look at it this way. Pony lovers don't post on your 'resistance's' social group, so why are you posting on their thread? Clearly you are taking the wrong approach for whatever the hell it if your doing (cause let's face it, your resistance won't really do anything other than be retarded).

Level 25
I think we should cut down on gay cartoon arguments, I mean those won't lead to anything good...

Oh, please notice that "MLP is for gays" slogan was not authorized by TRAP command and we have nthing to do with it.

Admit it you woos! you watched the powerpuff girls (which is awesome by the way).

But agreeing with my assumption, that me watching PPG when I was 5 was gay, you autmatically admitted that watching ponies is gay as well!

Meh, 'kay.

Homophobia? not cool.

Level 22
Yes. I watched both PPG and Totally Spies. When I was like 10, of course.
What Al forgot to mention is that formula of akward is Age*Gender, so watching girly shows as a child is more forgiveable than while beeing a teen or grown-up.

Hah Totally Spies has a plot both suitable for students and college guys (Season 5) so it definitely can't be put under the same flag as PPG and the 'under 10 year olds' cartoons. Not to say are not comparable in coolness. Hands off TS, it's the best girls show and yet again many males did enjoy it, it was actually maybe a hit in until 2008 as much as ponies now. TS is my most favorite besides those by Marvel.

Level 31
gt_insecurity.jpg

[reaction=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1619596/Misc/ponies/reactions/1300981957382.png]oh god what happened to this thread

I really don't see how liking a cartoon intended for children but has enough references to keep adults entertained means I want a dick up my ass. That's like comparing the declining number of pirates in the world to the rise of global warming*.
[/reaction]

Level 23
Anyhow... if I watch a MLP episode and wont like it?

Okay, Im sorry about the whole "cartoon is gay" thing. Kinda got carried away. What troubles me is that it hardly seems to be the fitting age category for you people =/

I wonder why does a cartoon for little girls have references to keep adults enterntained... for parents?

Yes. I watched both PPG and Totally Spies. When I was like 10, of course.
What Al forgot to mention is that formula of akward is Age*Gender, so watching girly shows as a child is more forgiveable than while beeing a teen or grown-up.

Because past the age of 16 the only TV you can watch has to include either sex and murder; boobs and explosions and; war and gore of course!

But seriously, this thread has caught a major case of the derp - it's eminently obvious the Tleno and Algramen fail on a number of levels from organizing a "formidable resistance" to providing a valid argument other then "I don't like what you guys are doing so you're gay" so please for the love of order and sanity stop responding to them, it's like double-negative trolling as they're failing at providing a serious argument so much that it's turned into unintentional trolling.

Level 23
Our argument is, when we come to a Warcraft and StarCraft modding site, ponies arent exactly the thing we want to see everywhere. And I see ponies in resource threads, normal threads and so on, and Im not even talking about the pony avatars, but about all the pony demotivators and lulz pictures all around the site.

As to failing to create a resistance I beg to differ, the resistance group exists for less then 24 hours and we already have 17 people.

Level 20
Our argument is, when we come to a Warcraft and StarCraft modding site, ponies arent exactly the thing we want to see everywhere. And I see ponies in resource threads, normal threads and so on, and Im not even talking about the pony avatars, but about all the pony demotivators and lulz pictures all around the site.

And I hate anime and people with anime avatars and stuff but I still dont go and call them with names and start arguing about something that will never end or make a new so called resistance group. To be honest - I hate a lot of things. But you guys seem to be still stuck on that age where you just cant be nice to people and gotta always start arguing how wrong something is that you do not like and you cant just simply ignore it and keep living on.

Well anime is a thing that was proven to be irremovable... ponies however weren't.

Hahahahahahahaha

Well I guess we'll just have to put that theory to the test

But honestly guys, stop feeding the attention whores - it only motivates them to continue.
It's assumed that by posting in the pony thread you like ponies, so if you don't how about you just stay away from the thread.

Level 12
this is a thread to discuss about the pony stuff.

all i see posted here lately is about how ''OMFG SO BAD!'' it is, with people responding to it with ''OMFG YOU SO BAD!!!''.
then the 'opposition' goes like ''OMFG YOU YOU LIKE BAD SHOW, YOU BAD, ME GOOD!'' and so on.

come on, its a show, accept that its here.

oh and also - this is indeed a site for SC2 and War3, but this thread is in the OFF-TOPIC area - keep that in mind.
QUICK EDIT: i dont watch ponies (anymore), so i wouldnt side with either side if i was asked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.