• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I can't believe this is the largest thread on THW. I also can't believe this isn't enjoyed ironically anymore.

Level 3
I can't believe this is the largest thread on THW. I also can't believe this isn't enjoyed ironically anymore.

And so what? Threads and posts matter the most? Actually it's good, now the posts are only about shows not spamming memes, that makes it a quality thread. Though I would close this thread and start a new clean one.
----

Okay 'great' I already know what the episode will be about before even watching it, too many pics, rumors and spoilers! How you ppl enjoy knowing it all in advance, I don't get ...

^ I don't see the logic behind that, being an administrator of my own forum. Though I do think the large amount of posts may be glitching the ui a bit on my end. Which is strange.

I actually personally stay away from any major spoilers about upcoming episodes. I have no idea what tomarrow's episode is about or whos in it. But I can guarentee that after I watch it I'm gonna be talking all about it.

Edit: If there's a big issue with wanting to start a new thread I would message one of the mods about it. And if they ok it then go for it.

Level 3
^ Pyritie is not around and not a mod to start a new one, and it should be done by someone who is with his main account, not me. This thread did have lots of meme spam, hater posts, funny and cool MLP stuff and episode stuff, it's a mess of everything, so a new thread is not a bad idea imo.

Now, 7 days left, I wonder if they are splitting the season like some other shows have done, after these 13 episodes, the next 13 in e.g the summer or so.

Level 11
So what should we dedicate the new thread to? There wont be many episodes in a long time or any at all in case they stop at Season 3. Sharing a lot of images, vids and games can be pretty entertaining, at least for a while as long as people contribute. :/
504.jpg

Seems a bit familiar right? :p

Now, 7 days left, I wonder if they are splitting the season like some other shows have done, after these 13 episodes, the next 13 in e.g the summer or so.
Sadly there wont be any more episodes this season, they take like 6 months to write and edit an episode and they only prepared for making 13 this season.

Level 11
I never came around to make a comic myself, mostly because I never got a good idea for one. But its something I would like to do at least once. :p

EDIT:
i never got this question answered, but is there the possiblity of G 4.5?
I read some discussions about the next generation being revolved around the CMC characters and the like, this might be possible since S3 was heavily influenced by the fanbase.
Nothing is official.

Level 11
It was more of a seguel to MLP:FIM they were talking about, when the CMC characters has grown up a bit and that it would mainly focus on them and some side stories including the Mane Six and other ponies. But this was just a fan discussion I stumbled upon that I kind of liked, at least the concept to continue on this MLP universe instead of starting a new one.

Level 3
See you on MLP forums... (even though I use them only to comment new episodes when there is one). Seems the show will make a huge break after 2 more episodes. Im out of here, permanently.

Level 11
images

Season 4
Investment documents for DHX Media's 2012 financial year indicate that they have also been paid to produce a fourth season.[21] Additionally, a credit PDF on Daniel Ingram's website listed him as working on 91 episodes, which when subtracted from 65, means that Season 4 will have 26 episodes.[4]
From wikipedia. Looks like we will have another season guaranteed and more are most likely to come. :D
I should have found it sooner, but it doesn't matter really. Maybe slowpoke would have been a better choice. xP

And more fan creations keep on poping up on the web.
bce.png

91d

387.gif

8b9.gif

And if you haven't read this comic yet, I really recommend it.
See you on MLP forums... (even though I use them only to comment new episodes when there is one). Seems the show will make a huge break after 2 more episodes. Im out of here, permanently.
:(

Level 21
OMG!
Its gonna be like twenty six episodes each for Season One and Two and three will only have thirteen and four will have twenty six episodes again.
Oh and new my My Little Pony comes out tomorrow and I plan on watching it. :p

Level 11
250pxmylittleponyfriend.png

Season 3, Episode 12 - Games Ponies Play

Description
While Spike is back at home in Ponyville pet sitting, Twilight and the others go to the Crystal Empire to help Cadence with
the reception for the Equestria Games inspector, who will decide whether or not if the Crystal Empire should host this years games.

Comment
At first I thought I had picked the wrong episode, but the scene it started at was completely different from episode 11, it did not
take long though before some new scenes started to show up which confirmed my suspicions about this episode going along side
with the previous episode time line.

The ending was better than the overall episode but the side to side story made it a lot more interesting, also seeing
Dash's father for the first time was awesome as it confirms her hair origins as well as seeing more of the Crystal empire.

But it did feel weird seeing Shining Armor as a regular sports coach. ;/

let_the_games_begin_by_csimadmax-d5uf77p.png

Last edited:
Level 2
Source

The greatest episode of all! Yes, I mean it, because this is the direction MLP has to go - some actual changes, not all seasons to be just about the Mane 6 doing their daily and sometimes unusual things. I wonder, will MLP go in a new direction now? It would be great if now the Mane 6 had more adventure episodes, trying to stop some evil, you know, like all the cooler episodes from these 3 seasons.

However, I feel it spoiled, I was supposed to get a very pleasant and unexpected surprise, that would make this episode for me times more enjoyable - IF NOT the constant spoilers of fan art, Twilight with wings, Princess Twilight Sparkle... shees I am good ar skipping and avoiding texts to not get spoilers but when I saw these arts in previous episodes threads where I was simply looking for the YouTube episodes... there was no freaking way to miss it.

So I knew that was going to happen, Twilight with wings, how can anyone enjoy watching an episode after knowing all about it !?!?!?

I didn't get as excited as I should have, all because of these spoilers, this was great how Twilight changed, I loved that something culminating happened for once. Can't wait for Season 4 to come but also this Season 3 ended so soon that I couldn't even realize it ended...

Source
I agree with the above statements about the episode wayy too fast-paced, like squeezing 2-3 episodes into one, also the excessive use of songs, as if it is a musical. I expected some more serious and deep presentation of Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Nevertheless, one thing was great about this episode - the core idea - Twilight becoming an Alicorn and a Princess is fantastic! I would love to see how the show will go with such a major change waiting to happen. It's amazing but happened so fast that I didn't even realize how quickly did all that happen.

Level 11
personally, i thought the episode was a bit rushed...
I think so too, 5 more minutes would have been enough or 10-15 would have been great. But nonetheless, it was a great episode and for once I actually enjoyed all songs in it. :D

But even though it was a season final it gave me more of a "series end feeling" with that Celestia scene. In my eyes, it was an epic episode.

8d7.png

f99.png

And now we wait for Season 4. :p

Level 11
Yes the thread is too big already it causes some errors now, same goes with the old Picture/Photo thread maybe that's the reason why Ghan made a new thread for it.

I'll probably let the guys know about this.

We can let this thread die now, there ain't much to talk about since there is no ongoing episodes coming out and I guess most people will wait for a better quality link for the movie to watch.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
To me it started ringing problems since the thread hit page #400(?), I'm displaying 20posts/page, I'll change that to see if there's any change.

EDIT: There, seems to be fine now. Whilst displaying 40 posts/page, the last page is #111 but my post here is in page 101. Definitely too many deleted posts. This is why permanently erasing posts is better than soft deleting :p

Status
Not open for further replies.