• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
ponies-1.jpg

Yeah it's this thing. Some of you might've heard about it going around the internet.

Basically it's made by Lauren Faust - one of the people who worked on powerpuff girls and foster's home of imaginary friends. She's also the wife of Craig McCraken, who created both of those shows and also worked on stuff like dexter's lab.

Lauren Faust said:
I was extremely skeptical at first about taking the job. Shows based on girls' toys always left a bad taste in my mouth, even when I was a child. They did not reflect the way I played with my toys. I assigned my ponies and my Strawberry Shortcake dolls distinctive personalities and sent them on epic adventures to save the world. On TV, though, I couldn't tell one girl character from another and they just had endless tea parties, giggled over nothing and defeated villains by either sharing with them or crying–which miraculously inspired the villain to turn nice. Even to my 7-year-old self, these shows made no sense and couldn't keep my interest. No wonder the boys at school laughed at my Rainbow Unicorn Trapper Keeper.

From what I've seen since I've grown up, little has changed. To look at the quality of most girls' cartoons, it would seem that not one artist really cared about them. Not one designer, not one background painter, not one animator. Some of the more well-meaning, more expensive animated productions for girl audiences may look better, but the female characters have been so homogenized with old-fashioned “niceness” that they have no flaws and are unrelatable. They are so pretty, polite and perfect; there is no legitimate conflict and nothing exciting ever happens. In short, animated shows for little girls come across as boring. Stupid. Lame.

This perception, more than anything, is what I am trying to change with My Little Pony.

Anyway, have some pony - the show that is making many older males wonder why they like this stuff. :D
(if you don't believe me just look at the statistics for these videos!)

If you want to try a bit, I'd suggest you start with episode 3 and continue from there - 1 and 2 aren't a very good representation of the series but they fill in a few minor plot holes

Links said:
All the current episodes: http://www.youtube.com/user/pensivepony
Recent episodes in HD: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyLittlePony1080p
/co/ Pony News, other links to stuff: http://www.equestriadaily.com/
Downloadable episodes (updates slowly): http://tinyurl.com/mlpfimentos
Official site with latest two episodes: http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-pony/shows/friendship-is-magic

Here are some good "intro" episodes if you're not sure:

(See the video description for more)

Last edited:
Level 17
It is a popularity contest.
I post my stuff in the chat AND NOBODY REPLIES
COS YOU ALL SUCK

Nevertheless, MORE PONIES
My-Little-Pony.jpg

Level 26
princesssparkleponysexybitch.jpg

is this an RP thread okay ill start

name: 'princess' sparkleponysexybitch
color: pristine white (glitter and sparkly) on body grape purple hair ruby blue eyes (right), emerald eye with scar (left)

he seeks revenge on his civilisation's destroyers aremed only with a one of a kind unique custom made gunsword called 'kira'. although he acts firce towards his freeidns prncess is very kawwaii desu~ nyoro~n

his greatest fear is impoetence

Spam? In my pony thread?

What Topic is this? Pony mony? oh man I feel like a snotty kid watching all of this pony flicks LOL! :alol:

the older one is much better, it shows all the characters story than the new one. (ehem! I was a kid back then when I was watching the old one!)

From what I've heard, previous generations just involved them going and having tea parties and getting nothing done

If you're a dude and you've watched this pony thing...you have officially lost both balls and the first four black sabbath albums.

Have you actually tried watching it?

What the hell is this, even if I want to watch it I can't make myself to do it...

Do it when nobody's around :D

I lol'd, 20 or more posts deleted :)

[fu I try to act smart]But if nothing else this is better than pokemon world so good job guys, just few more years and we will post some serious shit here :)[/fu I try to act smart]

Honestly, I really like you avatars :)
I would like to pick that, "I act cool, yellow or orange/brown, Griffin, I forget name ^^", but I just can't find cool picture :sad:

I lol'd, 20 or more posts deleted :)

[fu I try to act smart]But if nothing else this is better than pokemon world so good job guys, just few more years and we will post some serious shit here :)[/fu I try to act smart]

Honestly, I really like you avatars :)
I would like to pick that, "I act cool, yellow or orange/brown, Griffin, I forget name ^^", but I just can't find cool picture :sad:

I don't even know why I'm participating in this meme, but whatever
Take your pic!

Attachments

• griffon 1.gif
    griffon 1.gif
    36 KB · Views: 10,226
  • griffon 2.gif
    griffon 2.gif
    29 KB · Views: 8,184
  • griffon 3.gif
    griffon 3.gif
    37.9 KB · Views: 9,316