• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #4 - Poll

Vote for the best entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me... It doesn't change the file size :S At least with my map protector (Protected, not optimized)

I'm Sorry Xezko, it was the exciting sensation that someone finished my map :S

Mmm... Great idea :D I love that game.

I almost shot myself in the face when I noticed that I had to do that picture puzzle AGAIN, turns out, I just had to switch 2 pieces :3

Level 16
I almost shot myself in the face when I noticed that I had to do that picture puzzle AGAIN, turns out, I just had to switch 2 pieces :3

I know... It was an idea to add more time at the gameplay. :goblin_cry:

2evpy7m.jpg

Kays protecting the map... doesn't it reduce the size? so we can't rate the Going Green. Since it is very unclear because your map is protected and size is shrunk down.

Well, since it's in GUI, size does shrink down by about half the size when it comes to code and I'm guessing the GUI code is about 130 KB :)
Thus, the filesize won't decrease by much :p

Jass Maps are usually the ones that decrease the least in size because they don't contain WE-only GUI data :/

edit

Anyways, From KayS cinematic: "Stupid Bitch!" <- lol xD

Level 7
I almost shot myself in the face when I noticed that I had to do that picture puzzle AGAIN
EXACTLY :D i was so happy i somehow solved the first one and then OMFG NO :D after that i somehow got stuck and didnt know where to go but i just refused to check this passage again :D (it was so uplifting when i finished also the second one :D)

i dont give a chainsaw.
lajoie! :D

Hmm I think KayS didn't get that many votes due to frustration when they realized they had to do picture puzzle again right afterwards. If ONLY you had put a key combination puzzle afterwards and then another picture puzzle :p
His map is almost perfect, the puzzles are very complicated, the cutscenes are really well made, the only is that the puzzles keep getting repeated.

Level 7
i agree with that puzzle thing, i guess that if there was a different puzzle before that one again, the map would be definitely better :wink:

btw, come on, its taking too long... arent 35 voters enough? :vw_unimpressed:

also, is somebody going to create the Puzzle & Mystery Map Pack? :)

i agree with that puzzle thing, i guess that if there was a different puzzle before that one again, the map would be definitely better :wink:

btw, come on, its taking too long... arent 35 voters enough? :vw_unimpressed:

also, is somebody going to create the Puzzle & Mystery Map Pack? :)

You mean just post them in the packs section? For that every user would have to upload his map first and I'm pretty sure you can't associate other users' resources in one pack. So...

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
I was testing all the maps pretty hard & looking at triggering since it's good to know how you have been solving various functions.

Concept (Base) 7/10
Game follows the theme, although there isn't much mistery in it.

Concept (Puzzling) 13/30
They aren't hard, and boss just folow you through whole area.
You give wrong advices on hints: you should CAPS LOCK the bomb spell :D
Bomb + net = game done in 20min.

Concept (Mystery) 9/30
There wasn't any mystery in this map ;/ You feel strange only at the begining because you don't know the game.

Going Green 9/10
Nothing I could mention as wrong here.

Playability 9/10
I don't know why there is 20th gate - meaning one may useless.
I have found two bugs: if you kite lich long enough and die few times during fight cold towers can ignore you, and potion is not needed anymore ;/
Second: there is wierd bug that pings can not appear on mini map.

Aesthetics 5/10
Terrain wasn't the best, and unfortunately it doesn't look like every new road hides new secrets.

+3 for spell's hotkeys and simplicity around casting.

Overall: 55/100

Concept (Base) 10/10
Game follows the theme, great execution.

Concept (Puzzling) 27/30
They only thing I disliked is that you coul use different puzzles, not the same picture in both. Anyways, MAN I'm impressed about the idea, about the executing and whaever esle how you have done the puzzling part. Why so short game? It was so entertaining.. but took me 9 mins or so.

Concept (Mystery) 25/30
Read above and add: OMG FUCKING AWESOMNESS. The only thing to add is that you could split the 'ignating part' so you don't have to throw the same spell on every brazier. It would be great to have to use differend spells on each brazier and have to think how to burn them out.

Going Green 10/10
Can we skip that? There is no limit size for AWESOMNESS, God bless the guys who do stuff like this..

Playability 9/10
Nonono even your map isn't without any bug. You can easily bug the camera in the room with down stairs, although if you holw mouse on your hero and have some patience to find the blue arrow and enter the room behind stairs camara resets. I could't find spell's hotkey - sorry I'm one of those who plays games using a lot of hot keys.

Aesthetics 10/10
Why that shaman doesn't cast 'camibalize' on archer? ;/

Overrall: 91/100

I have great fun here..

Concept (Base) 2/10
Game doesn't follow the contest's theme, it's just run-through the dungeon.

Concept (Puzzling) 1/30
There are no puzzles.

Concept (Mystery) 0/30
Mystery? What mystery? Here I can't give you any point at all.

Going Green 5/10
There is nothing wrong with size, but there is almost no good executing too.

Playability 3/10
Game has only one difficulty: if you don't leave room fast enough mobs will block your way. Map can be ended in 2 mins or never if you get blocked. Various bugs: spamming entering can remove items, limitless spawns counts as bug too - it's pain in ass. You can easy bug dialog from archmage click-spamming him.

Aesthetics 1/10
Just few cliffs and flat rooms mixed with hero viliager.

Overrall: 12/100

I couldn't test this map complitely. I don't get why you haven't enabled single-player mode with triggered computer players. You FORCE player to find mates to play that game, there is no option to play alone at all.

Concept (Base) 5/10
Half true, I see this more as an tournament - considering that you need another players gives the same impression too.

Concept (Puzzling) 9/30
The only puzzle here is to find enemies - if I'm mistaken sorry, I just haven't found anything more.

Concept (Mystery) 8/30
There is nearly no mistary. Just woods in shadows and the running invisible wardens.

Going Green 9/10
Good execution.

Playability 7/10
The only game I coudln't find any mistake, although I coulnd't test it fully too. Thats why it doesn't get max points here.

Aesthetics 8/10
Wood is made farly well, and combining that with 3rd person camera make good composition.

I give +3 point because I loved the small usually avoided fact: you made all spells with hot keys, and they were all working.
+5 for spells and hot key's placement making this tournament much funnier - player doens't have to look non stop on unit's task bar but just enjoy the fight.
Overrall: 54/100

Concept (Base) 5/10
Follows the theme, although doesn't impress the user much.

Concept (Puzzling) 19/30
I like the idea about dividing the role of each hero. The door part was great, I wanted so much more like this ;> Orcs scared me at first but they didn't attack ;P I restarted and used a bit micro to block them a big and kill for level :D

Concept (Mystery) 15/30
I miss that you haven't developed that map a bit further. Setting daynight models to nothing would be great here + only one of guys would have the light ;)

Going Green 9/10
Nothing wrong.

Playability 9/10
Almost no bugs. I don't get the you have one unneded elevator - I spent whole 20 minutes seraching for way to get in but I found out in wrold editor that it's imposible ;<

Aesthetics 8/10
Good execution of camapign like-crypt (a small version of Sargeras one).

-2 map is very simple, and if you find out the idea behind baby and woman it's doable in 2mins. I took the key first and my hero didn't die ;/
Overrall: 63/100

Since map hasn't been finished I will comment it as whole at first and then write the rating.

Greatest theme execution among all the entires. Outstanding idea, bringing me close to games like Syberia or The Longest Journey. Shadows, only few lamps and removing day/night models creates such fantastic atmosphere.
I though at first that it's criminal map because of the sound at the begining (dying viliager) + hero knows nothing and has to get out. But the map is far more mystery than that. Moving is sometimes annoying, and if you spam enter/leave given room camera can bug a bit :D. Awesome terrain, fantastic theme - whole action is happening just in a hourse - I'm speachless. Mystery is this map's second name.

Probably the winner if entry was finished in time.
Concept (Base) 10/10

Concept (Puzzling) 30/30

Concept (Mystery) 30/30

Going Green 10/10

Playability 1/10

Aesthetics 10/10

Concept (Base) 8/10
Nice map, a little differend from others, esspecialy because of kill-the-scouge theme, so it's half mystery half gladiator map ;)

Concept (Puzzling) 20/30
There are few, nothing wrong with them, although since it's mystery contest you should focus more on that part, there is sometimes too much fighting. Hate the idea about 'you can turn off spikes' - you have to just walk through them ;/

Concept (Mystery) 12/30
Same as above. Great that you are in group who used function Day/night models.

Going Green 10/10
Going Green.

Playability 4/10
There are bugs which can make this game unplayable. Your wizard can die just after fighting the lich mob and going closer to doors in front of him (lich). Part with rogue hero is totaly bugged. Any user can easily bug the colored square part - it's because of poor triggering ;/ - making the level unbeatable.

Aesthetics 9/10
Nice one :D + I love the intro ;<

-3 for executing heroes. all forces are just imba and spells are done without any concept.
Overrall: 60/100

Vote for KayS - beat Krobas one because it's finishable.
I hope I haven't hurt anyone - it's just a rating.

Last edited:
Lol my mistake once again as said before is that in my map you have to have multiple people playing but that was a big worry when I remembered that most of the people that test maps in these contest do so alone:(.
Also the map is the puzzle and there is heaps of mystery with things to deceive who is who with many spells and functions that the Assasins can do but both Assasins and Void Assasins have some thew different ways of killing each other.
If anyone has or will play my map 'Forest Assasins' with 5 or more players please send me the replay as I would love to see my map in action:).
Also my map has an auto game reset function at each round:).
If I make another map that requires multiplayer I will try to make an AI to play against.

Level 16
I

Since map hasn't been finished I will comment it as whole at first and then write the rating.

Greatest theme execution among all the entires. Outstanding idea, bringing me close to games like Syberia or The Longest Journey. Shadows, only few lamps and removing day/night models creates such fantastic atmosphere.
I though at first that it's criminal map because of the sound at the begining (dying viliager) + hero knows nothing and has to get out. But the map is far more mystery than that. Moving is sometimes annoying, and if you spam enter/leave given room camera can bug a bit :D. Awesome terrain, fantastic theme - whole action is happening just in a hourse - I'm speachless. Mystery is this map's second name.

Probably the winner if entry was finished in time.
Concept (Base) 10/10

Concept (Puzzling) 30/30

Concept (Mystery) 30/30

Going Green 10/10

Playability 1/10

Aesthetics 10/10

That just made my day =) Krobas!

Level 7

Concept (Base) 5/10
Follows the theme, although doesn't impress the user much.

Concept (Puzzling) 19/30
I like the idea about dividing the role of each hero. The door part was great, I wanted so much more like this ;> Orcs scared me at first but they didn't attack ;P I restarted and used a bit micro to block them a big and kill for level :D

Concept (Mystery) 15/30
I miss that you haven't developed that map a bit further. Setting daynight models to nothing would be great here + only one of guys would have the light ;)

Going Green 9/10
Nothing wrong.

Playability 9/10
Almost no bugs. I don't get the you have one unneded elevator - I spent whole 20 minutes seraching for way to get in but I found out in wrold editor that it's imposible ;<

Aesthetics 8/10
Good execution of camapign like-crypt (a small version of Sargeras one).

-2 map is very simple, and if you find out the idea behind baby and woman it's doable in 2mins. I took the key first and my hero didn't die ;/
Overrall: 63/100
thanks for review! :)
yes, i wanted to make more door-like puzzles but the map space didnt allow me to -.- such a shame i failed it :(
"used a bit micro to block them a big and kill for level" - ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME? :D i didnt even think of it that you can kill them somehow :D omg :D
sorry about the elevator, at first i placed it there so you have to find a way how to cross that wall, but then i didnt think of anything fitting enough, so i just let it that you have to destroy the door and maybe you will be at least confused about that :D
i didnt play the crypt map ever (or in a very long time)... what is it? :) [is it the campaign map i took the loading screen from? :D]
2 mins? wow.
and yes, i tried to assume that the mage gets the key first, i probably forgot about this :(
but i still thank you very much, IM THIRD! :D

Last edited:
Level 16

Concept (Base) 10/10
Game follows the theme, great execution.

Concept (Puzzling) 27/30
They only thing I disliked is that you coul use different puzzles, not the same picture in both. Anyways, MAN I'm impressed about the idea, about the executing and whaever esle how you have done the puzzling part. Why so short game? It was so entertaining.. but took me 9 mins or so.

Concept (Mystery) 25/30
Read above and add: OMG FUCKING AWESOMNESS. The only thing to add is that you could split the 'ignating part' so you don't have to throw the same spell on every brazier. It would be great to have to use differend spells on each brazier and have to think how to burn them out.

Going Green 10/10
Can we skip that? There is no limit size for AWESOMNESS, God bless the guys who do stuff like this..

Playability 9/10
Nonono even your map isn't without any bug. You can easily bug the camera in the room with down stairs, although if you holw mouse on your hero and have some patience to find the blue arrow and enter the room behind stairs camara resets. I could't find spell's hotkey - sorry I'm one of those who plays games using a lot of hot keys.

Aesthetics 10/10
Why that shaman doesn't cast 'camibalize' on archer? ;/

Vote for KayS - beat Krobas one because it's finishable.
I hope I haven't hurt anyone - it's just a rating.

Thanks sir :vw_sleep:

I dont find it very realistic if i have to remake it :ogre_rage: Its not like when i do a puzzle and i fail it... it doesnt really make me do it again :3

I wasn't talking about it ¬¬ But change the picture of the puzzle isn't very difficult, only: a new imported texture, and that's all...

Level 17
Guys I go on vacation tomorrow, I'm sorry I won't be able to contact Pyrite about contest results, busterkomo didn't send me his judging (he is probably busy and that's ok) don't bother both of us please :razz:.

Still if you can't wait week or 2 send pm to Pyritie as soon as busterkomo finish judging :)
Just ignore what would've been my judging. I only have two maps left, but I think I've been traumatized enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.