• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #3 - Poll

Vote for your favorite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Can judges vote? i mean just cus i vote for a map doesnt mean it scored well right? just cus i liked it :X

No. Judges may not vote.

There isn't really anything preventing them, but it's discouraged, yeah. Mostly because it partly ruins the surprise of what the judges thought! Also because accidents happen and vB's poll system is a bitch to work with sometimes

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
How is Kobas' map winning? it's pacman, didn't someone else give a more creative idea?

PS: not being sore at the polls, just wondering

Kobas made a good presentation and a lot of people who vote don't even play the maps.

-NOT- a strike at kobas - I did play the map and it's not bad at all, just making a statement

Level 5
Well well well, my dear friends. Even if I'm not a judge why can't I give some scores? Let's see what we've got here.
I'll give maximum of 10 points by following criteria, 2 points each:

Fun - was it fun to play a map?
Idea - is it kinda unique or just a remake, do I like the idea at all?
Design - is it glowy, shiny, fancy, does it look/sound good?
Quality - is it well-made, do not lag or bug?
Replayability - will I play this map again?

Let's start.

TDA Knight Race

Fun - 1/2 yeah it was fun but very short.
Idea - 1/2 nice idea here but the map is unfinished and I can't say what it might be.
Design - 1/2 at the very beginning it is designed well, but then...
Quality - 1/2 as far as i see it's fine but still unfinished.

Replayability - 0/2 there's nothing to return for.
Overall - 4/10

Egorman Coin Mini Game

Fun - 0/2 not really interesting.
Idea - 0/2 too simple, I guess it might be better.

Design - 1/2 simple but nice.
Quality - 0/2 controls lag sometimes and the wall collision is terrible.
Replayability - 1/2 maybe I'll play it when I'm bored.
Overall - 2/10

Ahimtar Portal Run

Fun - 0/2 sorry but it was boring.
Idea - 2/2 well the idea itself is very nice.
Design - 0/2 very simple design. Some tooltips remain standard some not, doodads with it's names displayed etc.
Quality - 1/2 it works not bad but I won't give 2 points for such a simple gameplay.
Replayability - 1/2 it's plausible I'll play it again with my friends.
Overall - 4/10

Cokemonkey11 Hot Potato

Fun - 1/2 yeah I had some fun but soon got bored.
Idea - 2/2 great idea. I hope it will be worked out.
Design - 1/2 nice design. Simple but maybe it's not necessary to make it better.
Quality - 2/2 possibly the best-coded map here, great work.
Replayability - 1/2 I'll play it again when it will be updated and improved.
Overall - 7/10

-Kobas- Ultimate PacMan

Fun - 0/2 nope. It was very annoying.
Idea - 1/2 it has some interesting features but still it's a pacman.
Design - 2/2 very fancy design. Also nice models and the menu at the beginning.
Quality - 1/2 well I guess it's okay. I just hate when my hero starts moving somewhere without my permission and when enemies kill me while I use the ability.
Replayability - 1/2 maybe I'll play it again, If my friends agree.

Overall - 5/10

Zeatherann Ahh, It's a Zombie!

Fun - 0/2 very boring if you don't have a lot of people to play with.
Idea - 1/2 not bad, but nothing so creative. Very close to meele-maps which I hate.
Design - 0/2 Acolyte icon for human peasant, LARGE peasant who builds and small who get lumber, skeletons chopping the trees with swords...
Quality - 1/2 not bad but I think again it's too close to meele.
Replayability - 0/2 I really don't want to play it again.
Overall - 2/10

.VTZ. Swarm Assault

Fun - 0/2 what the hell is that?
Idea - 0/2 it makes no sense. Maybe I'm just dumb but this is the only map I did not understand at all. Produce ants to be f****d up by those invincible buildings and flowers? Nah, I don't like this type of games.

Design - 1/2 well, it looks good. And sounds fine.
Quality - 2/2 it's well-made yeah. But why?
Replayability - 0/2 I personally don't like insects and games I don't understand.
Overall - 3/10

XPQJ WallBall

Fun - 0/2 sorry but this is boring.
Idea - 1/2 it's not bad but I think you should develop it better.
Design - 2/2 one of the few designs I like here. Looks we're in heaven!
Quality - 1/2 nothing special, just okay.
Replayability - 0/2 no, please.
Overall - 4/10

Deathchef War Carts

Fun - 1/2 yeah, there was some fun.
Idea - 1/2 can't it's unique but still good idea. It has great potential to rock.
Design - 2/2 I like the stuff maybe just make those gifts smaller a little.
Quality - 1/2 not bad but I suggest you to fix some issues like crashing into the wall and move high-speed like nothing happen. Also those invisible platforms are a bit weird, try using triggers to throw the cart into the sky when it reaches the edge of the cliff.
Replayability - 2/2 oh yeah, I would like to play it again especially when you improve it.
Overall - 7/10

KayS Space Hunter

Fun - 1/2 I had some fun here. But it was too short.
Idea - 0/2 I've seen it over 9000 times already.
Design - 2/2 GREAT design. The best here for sure.
Quality - 2/2 It's fantastic. Great job here.

Replayability - 0/2 I won it. I think there's nothing more to see.
Overall - 5/10

wolfman Dwarven Assault Arena

Fun - 1/2 playing with friends may be fun.
Idea - 1/2 nice idea again, yet not very unique.
Design - 1/2 simple but well done. Maybe you should have added different icons for abilities or something?

Quality - 2/2 it performed well. I like how you turn back when reach the wall.
Replayability - 1/2 yes, it's possible I'll play it again with my friends.
Overall - 6/10

Xiliger The Undead

Fun - 2/2 very much fun! Reminds me of Crimsonland.
Idea - 1/2 most the stuff is from Crimsonland and things like that. Still good idea!
Design - 2/2 blood EVERYWHERE! It's a bit crazy but I like it.
Quality - 0/2 sorry but this map lags A LOT. After few minutes of the game I was unable to play at all. Fix it. Please!
Replayability - 2/2 the most addicting game here! But the lags ruin it. I'll surely replay it when it is fixed.
Overall - 7/10

I'm only have one vote and I was going to give it for Xiliger, because his map was fun. But it is completely ruined by terrible lags so I decided to vote for DeathChef and his War Carts. Good luck, mate! I wish you the best and hope you will improve your map! Cokemonkey11's map is great but I have only one vote and I personally like War Carts better.

Go go DeathChef!

Level 12
i lol'd
Fun - 0/2 what the hell is that?
Idea - 0/2 it makes no sense. Maybe I'm just dumb but this is the only map I did not understand at all. Produce ants to be f****d up by those invincible buildings and flowers? Nah, I don't like this type of games.

did you read mine post and do you watched the video on based game?

Level 5
did you read mine post and do you watched the video on based game?

Yes, but that didn't help me at all. You can't blame me for that misunderstanding, no offence really, I believe your map is better than I wrote but that's my opinion. I really tried to get it but I failed. I only could break those stones and fight those black beetles. No sense sorry.

Level 12
Yes, but that didn't help me at all. You can't blame me for that misunderstanding, no offence really, I believe your map is better than I wrote but that's my opinion. I really tried to get it but I failed. I only could break those stones and fight those black beetles. No sense sorry.

yes cuz its a game based, you need to play to urderstand or 'not', the black beetles are a hostile force, the stone and capture point are not 'Original from the game', as you can see in the video, but its simple conquer / produce / domine, simple.
a tip to start: create 8 soldiers, 3 granadier to capture beetle colonie, luring the beetle colonie turret with a soldier ant, while the other ants capture the base.
when you capture beetle colonie produce 'Cannon' (long range) and after 3 cannons, create a mass production of lady bugs and soldiers. :wink:

Level 12
I didn't even understand how to capture buildings :)

destroy the block rock.
over the rock, there is a small terrain are called 'nectar point'
stand units over this area for 10 sec, to capture :)
and when you capture,the colonie will create another protection rock over the nectar point for you :)
BEAT.jpg

Level 16
Zeatherann said:
How is Kobas' map winning? it's pacman, didn't someone else give a more creative idea?

PS: not being sore at the polls, just wondering

Maybe because I didn't vote for myself :sad:

Jooouuuu!! xO In your mouth!!

He not to blame "Kobas"... If some people have voted the Kobas' Map, it has to be because that map is better than the others, don't worry Zeatherann, everybody can have that mistake.. I'm not the right person to say this, because my map is the shortest of the contest, but honestly, I think the Kobas entry is better than yours...

Level 7
Ahimtar Portal Run

Fun - 0/2 sorry but it was boring.
Idea - 2/2 well the idea itself is very nice.
Design - 0/2 very simple design. Some tooltips remain standard some not, doodads with it's names displayed etc.
Quality - 1/2 it works not bad but I won't give 2 points for such a simple gameplay.
Replayability - 1/2 it's plausible I'll play it again with my friends.
Overall - 4/10

thanks, that was my point :D im in this contest, just because i got the idea of controllin' every1 while still play against them, but wasnt sure how to use this idea...
the design, yes, it was quickly-made, the map was just a sideproject so i didnt play with the design very much :D
what im disappointed by, is that its boring :( its probably true, most of my friends which i tested with said it too :D well, i tried my best with creating more runners, but the main idea still doesnt have enough "power" to hold it :D:D
nevermind, its my first contest, im here mainly just to try it :D

and i finally voted for KayS, though the map is REALLY short :(

Deathchef War Carts

Fun - 1/2 yeah, there was some fun.
Idea - 1/2 can't it's unique but still good idea. It has great potential to rock.
Design - 2/2 I like the stuff maybe just make those gifts smaller a little.
Quality - 1/2 not bad but I suggest you to fix some issues like crashing into the wall and move high-speed like nothing happen. Also those invisible platforms are a bit weird, try using triggers to throw the cart into the sky when it reaches the edge of the cliff.
Replayability - 2/2 oh yeah, I would like to play it again especially when you improve it.
Overall - 7/10
Yes finally someone noticed and voted for me(and its a contestant:D). I had little time and had to use it for bug fixing and da more needed stuff so had no time for special stuff like slowing down when hitting walls and throwing the carts down when drives of the edge(my map has that but no special effect). I just really wanted to enter a competition so bad that I didnt have time to see what I was up against and just hope for the best:grin:. Also think your map is the best(not counting mine) so I shall vote for you:). Sorry don't do reviews and yes I've played all the maps:).

Also am I allowed to release a new vertion of a entry out into the map section whilst the contest is still going?

Level 16
KayS ive gotta say that it sucks that youve put-in your Game in your Signature just to get more votes..

Sorceress, I'm one of the less knowed users who are in this contest, I only have arround 112 posts, and the users who know me do know me because of one or two attachments that i have. Users like Kobas who has more than 500 of rep have a great advantage because are more knowed. So, probably the users who knows Kobas (and knows the normal quality of his job and not the others'), will vote for he. I mean, this is a little resource that I use to make my entry more knowed. And does it work? I don't think so, I only have 4 votes, maybe because my map is worst than the others, but that's my bussiness, not yours. (Unless you were a judge)
I will change my signature, but don't think "Oh! he change it because of my advice =D". Cause you will be wrong, I have a new weapon and I have to make it famous, you know...

Sorry for my mistakes, I'm still learning english... :p

Level 5
Also think your map is the best(not counting mine) so I shall vote for you:)

Ah, thanks a lot, mate. Highly appreciate it.

I'm one of the less knowed users who are in this contest

Come on, take it like a man, I'm even worse known than you but here I'm challenger like you. Your map is well-made and I believe THIS is the main thing for most of the people.

Level 11
Your map is well-made and I believe THIS is the main thing for most of the people.

Actually, KayS has a point. If you go to the original thread, you will see that Kobas' map has about 2 times as many views as most peoples. So it just shows that being well known is a good advantage

Im not saying that Kobas is being unfair or anything like that, it isnt his fault and theres not much anyone can do about it. But this is why i suggested anonymous submissions for future contests, it would just make the polls a little more fair.

Again, im not complaining or trying to be offensive towards anyone, just making a point :)

Level 14
Why is that sad? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. He's just promoting his map.
Why are you entering every single one of my conversations on the hives atm.. are you stalking or wtf?
Wasnt talking too you.

Sorceress, I'm one of the less knowed users who are in this contest, I only have arround 112 posts, and the users who know me do know me because of one or two attachments that i have. Users like Kobas who has more than 500 of rep have a great advantage because are more knowed. So, probably the users who knows Kobas (and knows the normal quality of his job and not the others'), will vote for he. I mean, this is a little resource that I use to make my entry more knowed. And does it work? I don't think so, I only have 4 votes, maybe because my map is worst than the others, but that's my bussiness, not yours. (Unless you were a judge)
I will change my signature, but don't think "Oh! he change it because of my advice =D". Cause you will be wrong, I have a new weapon and I have to make it famous, you know...

Sorry for my mistakes, I'm still learning english... :p

Yeah, i guess when you say it like that i understand it more, guess youre right, sorry! :]
but i wouldnt care if you had lesser or more rep, thats not what im looking at ^^.

Well, my last post in this thread. Open at your own risk, it's off topic.

I only voted for myself so i don't get 0 votes, slightly as a joke to myself.

• I made this contest to give me a reason to ever make a map that will be hated anyways, I'm a small person compared to anyone else on The Hive, and no one will ever stick up for me unless that person too is small like me.
  • -Kobas- is a well known person, and wins the popular vote because he is popular. The judges probably won't pick his map, but they won't even touch mine, just fate on that one.
  • My map sucks because the only imports I had was loading screen and music, I didn't bother with others even though I had plenty of space for it.
  • I still wonder why I stay as a member here, probably because I'm too lazy to quit, and I have one friend here, my rep is above 0 because of other 'small' people.
  • I get hated on for not using JNGP each thing I post, those 'celebrity' people think they can push me and other 'small' people around, and they can, no one stops them. Example: Pyritie taking a month to approve the contest after saying he would.
  • The only useful thing for this place for me is to find a new map once a blue moon, and the tutorials.
  • The political structure and games played here match reality very well, remind me of my school.

Level 14
Just so everyone knows, there where this Terraining Contest once not such a long time ago, where this guy, Raven0 something was entering his project and he actually won.
A totally unknown guy on the hives won. Not someone who where popular or anything, he was just sick at making terrains.

AND, before anyone says that it takes only a SECOND too check out terrains,
this contest you actually HAD to enter the maps to see how the terrain looked, means it tooks a-hell of time too check all the contestance who joined, and ive got to say that kobas did a prestiege pierce of art, so judging him for being "popular" is just lame.. maybe he gets 1-2 more votes because of his name but what ever man, its not hes fault that people are to lazy to check out all the maps.

And im sorry if anybody takes this as a offence, i really am just trying to make a point.

TDA

TDA

Level 4
Idea - 1/2 nice idea here but the map is unfinished and I can't say what it might be.

I love that:ogre_haosis:

It basicly says my map rocks. but not yet.

It's nice to see that
--------

Guy's this is an election (what I'm about to say is an analogy) an election like in politics.

So if you have a good campain your more likely to win.

I sugest you grow a pare, and start working on your political campain b4 you complain that you can't beat Obama For president. (Analogy over.)

I am not just making a point, I'm trying to stop pointless spam.

If there is ever to be ananonius submitions to a contest, it's to late for this one.

Last edited:
Level 16

I love that:ogre_haosis:

It basicly says my map rocks. but not yet.

It's nice to see that
--------

Guy's this is an election (what I'm about to say is an analogy) an election like in politics.

So if you have a good campain your more likely to win.

I sugest you grow a pare, and start working on your political campain b4 you complain that you can't beat Obama For president. (Analogy over.)

I am not just making a point, I'm trying to stop pointless spam.

If there is ever to be ananonius submitions to a contest, it's to late for this one.

Yeah, a rating, but about what? Sorry but I don't know what map are you talking about? I think is the mine, but I'm not sure :p

TDA

TDA

Level 4
I'm pleased to hear you say that, because this is actualy the first map I submited on hive

I mught get round to finishing it during summer vacation.
But I Have to improve on a few sistems, so that you can crash in to trees no matter wich way you come from. so that I can make multiple traks inside the same map, and / or at least a Reverse option.

Status
Not open for further replies.