• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] kirin tor mages

Level 12
hello can some one plass make a kirin tor mage units models or add the kirin tor flavor to mage models from WOW pleass for some of the follwing models ?

incloding mabey some skins or model edting for the Human mage and the hydromancer

any consideritions will by walcome pleass and thank you 🙏🙏 🧙‍♂️

Attachments

• 1682835811681.png
    1682835811681.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1682836345159.png
    1682836345159.png
    110 KB · Views: 10
  • 1682836541493.png
    1682836541493.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1682836616445.png
    1682836616445.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,191
Level 3
I will try xd , and let you know of any update, this is easier because the model is already there, it just needs an alteration : )

Level 12
Can’t you simply search for available models instead of creating dozens of threads like this? I don’t mean any disrespect.

Level 12
Can’t you simply search for available models instead of creating dozens of threads like this? I don’t mean any disrespect.
because i want to create a race map for the kirin tor with the feeling of a only mages/spellcaster army

Level 3
I will submit it as a model for the Hive workshop, it will have a different name and different concept and i will link it directly for Dord96, so we do not create spam with something similar to Archmage Aethas and so everyone is happy, what do you think?

Level 12
I will submit it as a model for the Hive workshop, it will have a different name and different concept and i will link it directly for Dord96, so we do not create spam with something similar to Archmage Aethas and so everyone is happy, what do you think?
i whole heartedly agree🙏🙏🙏😁

Level 3
Hi i am trying to think of the designs but what is the purpose of the models? they are high level in the kirin tor or low initiates? do they have any specific rol in the kirin tor?

Level 3
Ok, that is great information, thank you. Now I don't know how long it could take but I am working on it. I have been many years out of this and now seems like the MPQ files cannot be used anymore because blizzard fucked up everything and all i knew how to do is now shit and useless, soo i have been like 3 days trying to understand what is necessary now to get textures from the game and edit them because most textures of the models you linked use in game textures that cannot be extracted but instead reflect only when you import the model into the game, so getting the model is easy but the textures is impossible. and i cannot edit them, Jaina is the only one that already comes with a texture that can be edited but all the others are problem.

Ok, that is great information, thank you. Now I don't know how long it could take but I am working on it. I have been many years out of this and now seems like the MPQ files cannot be used anymore because blizzard fucked up everything and all i knew how to do is now shit and useless, soo i have been like 3 days trying to understand what is necessary now to get textures from the game and edit them because most textures of the models you linked use in game textures that cannot be extracted but instead reflect only when you import the model into the game, so getting the model is easy but the textures is impossible. and i cannot edit them, Jaina is the only one that already comes with a texture that can be edited but all the others are problem.
If you still have the old version of Warcraft the MPQs should still be there, if not the MPQs can be downloaded from here:

Reforged uses CASC storage which is similar to the old MPQ, all you need to do is download a CASC viewer instead and you should be able to access all the Reforged files :)

Level 3
Thank you , however I need the classic files, I have fixed the registry and got CASC, oh I see you have left me a link to MPQs, thank you, however now I wonder there is no way we can access the classic files? , just no way? getting the reforged ones is fine but we mostly use classic because is more practical and I mean you have classic why not using iit? XD.

We cannot access classic textures and models unless we have saved the MPQs in our PC in the past?

Level 3
Hi, This request is no completed however there has been an update and I would like to present the current ideation of the designs to make sure they do not drift away too much of what was requested hence making the models unusable. I did not find where to put this thread since I am not presenting a completed pack of models so I am posting it here.

PLEASE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION THAT WHAT IS PRESENTED HERE IS AN IDEATION WIP OF THE CURRENT DIRECTION OF THE MODELS AND SO IS JUST ANN ESTIMATION OF THE FINAL RESULT AND FOR SO DIFFERENCES CAN BE FOUND OR THE END RESULT CAN BE DIFERENT AS THIS ARE IDEAS TRYING TO CONVEY THE FEELING OF THE DESIGN MORE THAN THE ACTUAL EXPECTED FINAL PRODUCT. THANK YOU.

The information available is that the units had to be Dalaran Kirin Tor mage units that were soldiers or magical users that had military roles.

Using this information I designed the next units taking in consideration that they had to have Plates, Metal, Armors and look magical and powerful while at the same time being different, belonging to The Violet City of Dalaran and (obviously) not being more eye-catching that the Hero Archmage himself but rather complementing him.

Light- Bender / Enforcer / Fury : Fighting units meant to be like soldiers , capitans or law enforces.

Dalaran Mage.png

High Archsorceress : Higher unit version of the Elf Sorceress, they are found in the Kirin Tor close to the Archmage they are direct support to the leader and lower in rank to the Archmage.

Jaina v 1 ArchSorcerer.jpg

Pyromancer: Unit Specializer in fire magic lower in rank to the Archsorceress but stronger in fire magic. Varian of the Elementalist.

Jaina v 2 Pyromancer.jpg

High Arcane Controller: Tank unit, Strongest version of resistant spellcaster unit available, highest rank of enforcer type unit that can be found among mages, this mages are the strongest that can be found in the area of resistance and protection magic and are very deadly at close range too. They serve as guards at the Kirin Tor and are found with the Archimage and Archsorceresses protecting the entrance and serving as bodyguards in the highest floors of the Kirin Tor with the most protected targets.

High Arcane Enforcer.png

So Yeah , this is a response to the request of Dord96 so I would like to leave this here in order to get a response and feedback on what it looks like at the moment to know if it alligns with the concept requested.

Thank you for your time,

Level 12
Hi, This request is no completed however there has been an update and I would like to present the current ideation of the designs to make sure they do not drift away too much of what was requested hence making the models unusable. I did not find where to put this thread since I am not presenting a completed pack of models so I am posting it here.

PLEASE TAKE IN CONSIDERATION THAT WHAT IS PRESENTED HERE IS AN IDEATION WIP OF THE CURRENT DIRECTION OF THE MODELS AND SO IS JUST ANN ESTIMATION OF THE FINAL RESULT AND FOR SO DIFFERENCES CAN BE FOUND OR THE END RESULT CAN BE DIFERENT AS THIS ARE IDEAS TRYING TO CONVEY THE FEELING OF THE DESIGN MORE THAN THE ACTUAL EXPECTED FINAL PRODUCT. THANK YOU.

The information available is that the units had to be Dalaran Kirin Tor mage units that were soldiers or magical users that had military roles.

Using this information I designed the next units taking in consideration that they had to have Plates, Metal, Armors and look magical and powerful while at the same time being different, belonging to The Violet City of Dalaran and (obviously) not being more eye-catching that the Hero Archmage himself but rather complementing him.

Light- Bender / Enforcer / Fury : Fighting units meant to be like soldiers , capitans or law enforces.

View attachment 469580

High Archsorceress : Higher unit version of the Elf Sorceress, they are found in the Kirin Tor close to the Archmage they are direct support to the leader and lower in rank to the Archmage.

View attachment 469581

Pyromancer: Unit Specializer in fire magic lower in rank to the Archsorceress but stronger in fire magic. Varian of the Elementalist.

View attachment 469582

High Arcane Controller: Tank unit, Strongest version of resistant spellcaster unit available, highest rank of enforcer type unit that can be found among mages, this mages are the strongest that can be found in the area of resistance and protection magic and are very deadly at close range too. They serve as guards at the Kirin Tor and are found with the Archimage and Archsorceresses protecting the entrance and serving as bodyguards in the highest floors of the Kirin Tor with the most protected targets.

View attachment 469583

So Yeah , this is a response to the request of Dord96 so I would like to leave this here in order to get a response and feedback on what it looks like at the moment to know if it alligns with the concept requested.

Thank you for your time,
i love it and love the ideas i really appreciate what you are doing also my original plan was to have some sort of an arcane mage that use this model as missile but again the planes looks great