• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Alpha Mage-Priest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Warcraft 3 Alpha Inspired Mage-Priest

So whenever I get off work I started fixing up alot of my old models so I can share it with hiveworkshop. Here was one of my first models I started on when I started remaking WC2 and WC3 Alpha/Beta models. The elven Mage-Priest isn't a model I think is in high demand (i mean the priest is perfectly fine in some ways). But Using an old screenshot and horribly blurry images I decided to touch up and try remaking one of the 3 known variants of the Elven Mage-Priest until it just turned into the priest we all know.

The model isn't as complex as the knight, but I just decided to add it up here anyways. Maybe someone wants it purely as a Mage model, or someone just wants to take the animation who knows.

What changed here?
  • New Hood, Cape, and Staff model, matching variant 2 priests of the old alpha
  • Added new UV wraps to match closer to old screenshots
  • Fixed "Spell Attack" Animation, priest no longer suddenly shifts and sinks when they attack or cast
  • Added new animation called "Spell Slam", which matches the extra cast animation mage-priests had in PC gamer magazine
I hope you enjoy it guys. I

Should I credit you if you use it on my map or edit it for my own use?
You want me to be honest? Unless you edit like 2 vertices and say "btw i made this" you really don't have to. Our community is alot smaller than it used to be and the WC3 modding community is probably just a bunch of older people like us who just want to create things. So no, you don't need to credit me if you don't want to. Just have fun and enjoy the model and do whatever you want with it man.

You should release your other models!
I'm on my way now. I'm deleting alot of the 'ripped' models that I used for personal use only and replacing it with more friendly models or custom made models.
Previews
Contents

WC3 Alpha Mage-Priest (Model)

WC3 Alpha Mage-Priest Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
While this is a nice and clean edit I cannot justify it not being in Substandard. Works in-game.
Level 7
Amazing! these are the sorts of models we should be seeing, however; I would love to also see an attack animation with the staff; something like Malfurion's animation. There is also something about the shoulder-pads and the top of the cape that just don't quite sit well with me; but I do believe the model is excellent, such things are hard to notice in game (but still there) 4/5