• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 5
Here you go. To make it use the standard portrait set the path to Units\Orc\Thrall\Thrall.mdx

The textures can't be loaded by model editors anymore since the MPQ archives that contained the game files have been replaced with CASC files since patch 1.30. For more information about this, you can read some of these threads.
Wow Thanks a bunch m8 :)

Level 30

Bonechewer Ogre (Unofficial)

Screenshot

Bonechewer Ogre (Unofficial)

Description: Model requested by @LordPerenoldeII. Will not be supported.
Resource Type: Model
Filesize: 110 kb
Credits: Mister_Haudrauf, Blizzard Entertainment
Path: BonechewerGrunt.blp (remove war3imported\)

gzhrfj5zegtrujsgdhrt45.PNG

Attachments

• UnofficialBonechewerOgre.rar
    147.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Level 30
I can't thank you enough! Sorry for bothering you! :infl_thumbs_up:
Can i ask a question? What's "Unofficial" and "will not be supported" mean?

Unofficial = I didn't upload it on the main model section.

Will not be supported = I will not update the model, if it has any issues. Therefore i give everyone permission to update it themselves.

Level 28

Night Elf Worker (Runner)

Screenshot

Night Elf Worker (Runner)

Description: A simple animation transfer to the night elf runner using the peasant's animations.
Resource Type: Model
Filesize: 144 Kb
Credits: Warseeker, Blizzard Entertainment
Path: None

worker-model-editor-png.331652
worker-world-editor-png.331653
worker-ingame-png.331654

Attachments

• Runner Worker.mdx
    144.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Runner Worker_portrait.mdx
    60.4 KB · Views: 154
Level 20
Level 18
Here you go.
The result isn't that great though, I dont know if the rifle is well positioned or not, and I couldn't get the fire effect to work unfortunately...

For me, this is perfect. It's a little wonky, sure, but a bit of jank is to be expected when you're moving animation sets around like this. It looks good and does exactly what I need it to do.

Level 28
Can anyone edit the Replenish Mana model file to change the sound into the Priest's Healing ability?
I would have done it myself, but i can't find the path for it's location.
Path is Abilities\Spells\Items\AIma\AImaTarget.mdl
It looks like priest healing, but blue.
The sound is just so annoying.
Here you go.

Attachments

• AImaTarget.mdx
    5.3 KB · Views: 71
Level 24
Here you go.
Funny, the place i intended to use the SFX, the Replenish Mana and Healing ability has the SFX hardcoded in.
I was able to get rid of the sound by overriding the SFX path with your model edit.
But now i will have to manually configure every other mana restoration item such as mana potion.

Could you share an export of the vanilla replenish mana model? Again i can't find the path for it :p

Level 28
Could you share an export of the vanilla replenish mana model? Again i can't find the path for it :p
It's under Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishMana\SpiritTouchTarget.mdl, but the model doesn't actually have a sound effect unless you manually add one. You know if you don't want to have the spirit touch sound you can just replace it in the Object Editor --> Sound - Effect Sound - Heal

Attachments

• SpiritTouchTarget.mdx
    3.1 KB · Views: 73
Level 28

Attachments

• Invulnerable Effect.mdx
    3.8 KB · Views: 107
  • vulnerable Effect.mdx
    3.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 24
I have two requests:

Can somebody reverse the animation of Call of Dread (red)?
The animation of this model goes inward, but i need it for a spell that's supposed to scare units away and deal damage.
So i need the animation to be reversed and downscaled by roughly 20%.

The second one is a 180* reverse angle of DustWindFasterExact.mdx.
I have a spell for a caster unit that pushes units away, but currently it looks as if the unit is dragged inwards.

Attachments

• vulnerable Effect.mdx
    3.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Invulnerable Effect.mdx
    3.8 KB · Views: 74
Level 28
Can somebody reverse the animation of Call of Dread (red)?
The animation of this model goes inward, but i need it for a spell that's supposed to scare units away and deal damage.
So i need the animation to be reversed and downscaled by roughly 20%
I think Retera's Matrix Eater can do that, I haven't test it though.
There is another method you can do is to base the special effect on a dummy unit instead and use this system to play the animation backward.
Reverse Animation - Wc3C.net

Level 24
You can easily do that with a dummy unit. Create one that faces the opposite of the caster's facing angle.
Dummy units will always spawn with angle 0 and have turntime which makes it look awkard.
Creating new units is also pretty inefficient.
It's a bad solution when you have something that occurs often like a spell.

There is another method you can do is to base the special effect on a dummy unit instead and use this system to play the animation backward.
Same problem as above.
You don't need a fancy system, -100 unit animation speed function does the job.
It comes down to efficiency, which is why i put out the request.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Is anyone up to a Dark Troll (& Forest if you're feisty ;P) version of Grendel's "Jungle Troll Manhunter" custom model?

I've had a "Monolith.w3x" Redux map planned for years now, where I retrofit & upgrade all the Creep Heroes, and that model is p-e-r-f for the Dark Troll Commandoes. ; )

Is anyone up to a Dark Troll (& Forest if you're feisty ;P) version of Grendel's "Jungle Troll Manhunter" custom model?

I've had a "Monolith.w3x" Redux map planned for years now, where I retrofit & upgrade all the Creep Heroes, and that model is p-e-r-f for the Dark Troll Commandoes. ; )

It's better if you can link us the model. Makes it easier for both of us.

Anyways, I've done all I can. Since there is no darktroll headhunter and bat darktroll, I had to recolor the original, so the filesize might be a little big. Here you go. If the edits I made are satisfactory enough for you, I'll whip up a forest troll version.

ModelPic.png

Attachments

• HeroDarkTrollManhunter.rar
    461.1 KB · Views: 192

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It's better if you can link us the model. Makes it easier for both of us.

Anyways, I've done all I can. Since there is no darktroll headhunter and bat darktroll, I had to recolor the original, so the filesize might be a little big. Here you go. If the edits I made are satisfactory enough for you, I'll whip up a forest troll version.

View attachment 333007
True; I was just on mobile.

Thank you! I haven't seen it in-game, but it looks just about perfect from your screenshot. And don't worry about filesize; not only because this map won't have much aside from custom heroes, but anyway they upped the limit so whatevs. : )

If you are willing & have the time for the Forest Troll version as well, I wouldn't mind it. No rush though! Thanks again. : D

@Kyrbi0
Done. Keep in mind that the textures are heavily distorted to match vanilla Warcraft's Forest Troll textures. This in turn, makes the non-troll part of the texture looks more brownish, giving it a more wooden feel to it. I see it as a win-win!
HeroForestTrollManhunterPrev.png

Attachments

• HeroForestTrollManhunter.rar
    501 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Level 23
You mean that you don't want the sparks move/rotate when the buffed model does animations?

Honestly I have no idea how to do that : (

You see, when you attach the buff to the unit, it kinda becomes part of its model hence why it gets "wonky"
then can you make them start a little higher? they tend to appear at the units feet rather than within its model when attached to origin.

You are the man, Yours Truly! Lovely-looking addition to the squad. You know you should really consider uploading these to the model's thread. : )

(of course then you'd probably get such publicity you'd have people clamoring for every other kind of Troll, lol)

Oh, nooooo. They're not mine. The model fully belongs to -Grendel. I just edited the textures.

Thanks for the compliments, though. I'm flattered!