• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 17
Sup guys :)

I had an exciting idea for a hero model edit i knew i had to come here.
so, if its possible, my idea is basically making a model on top of another model. and that would be the Warden heros model being overshadowed by a larger model of the Avatar of Vengeance mimicing her animations.

[Solved]

Last edited:
Level 10
Don't know if anyone would need this, but I'm making an "Elite" heavy armoured skeleton.
Should I post it here when I'm finished?
Credits should go to Direfury, HappyCockroach, Paultaker and Anvil.

Level 17
Don't know if anyone would need this, but I'm making an "Elite" heavy armoured skeleton.
Should I post it here when I'm finished?
Credits should go to Direfury, HappyCockroach, Paultaker and Anvil.

looks dank to me :))

Level 10
I've attached the model with the appropiate portrait file.
If used, REMEMBER THAT CREDITS SHOULD GO TO DIREFURY, ANVIL, HAPPYCOCKROACH AND PAULTAKER.

Details

Screenshot

Doom Knight

Description: A heavily armored Skeleton.
Resource Type: Model.
Filesize: 162kb, plus 41kb for the portrait, a total of 203kb.
Credits: Anvil, Direfury, Happycockroach, Paultaker.
Path: None.

Attachments

• DoomKnight.mdx
    161.8 KB · Views: 111
  • DoomKnight_Portrait.mdx
    40.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Can someone change the color of the leaves on this tree from the Sword & Stone pack to be a brighter green? As it is now it blends with the tile colors, so it can be hard to distinguish from the ground. Heavy tinting in the object editor won't work as that affects the bark.

download1-png.334902
download2-png.334909
download3-png.334910

Attachments

• HFTBranch_Glade.blp
    78 KB · Views: 64
  • HFTBranchStock_Glade.blp
    65.4 KB · Views: 109
  • HFTFlowers_GladeA.blp
    9.3 KB · Views: 60
  • HFMTree_GladeA.mdx
    34.5 KB · Views: 70
  • HFMTree_GladeB.mdx
    39.2 KB · Views: 61
  • HFMTree_GladeC.mdx
    46.2 KB · Views: 55
Since you didn't provide the bark texture, I don't think it's necessary to recolor the branches, as they're part of the bark. So changing it would be out of place.
Will these do?

View attachment 334948
They look good in the screenshot, but I can't get them to appear in game :(

paths-png.334966

It says the BranchStock_GreenerGlade texture path is actually BranchStock_Glade while the Branch_Glade should be Branch_GreenerGlade.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Heyo - I need a small tweaked version of this model from Deolrin (Crate)
Basically, I'd like a variation where the top has a snow/whiter overlay.
Something like this basically. I'm using the Brood War snow tile from Strydheizer's pack, if that's relevant.
37879709164_b2637bb51c_b.jpg

And here's my permission thanks to the lovely Deolrin himself
upload_2019-10-14_18-35-27.png

Sorry I'm late. Household problems..

Anyways, I've done the snowy crate. Take your pick:

preview.png

EDIT: Bridge requests from @don_svetlio .

Attachments

• Crate_SnowFlat.mdx
    23.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Crate_SnowRound.mdx
    24.1 KB · Views: 29
  • PavementBridge_Village.mdx
    3 KB · Views: 37
  • PavementBridge_VillageFall.mdx
    3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Can I request some snow versions of these logs too? Just like the crate - same tile, same idea. Thanks <3

Attachments

• 7.blp
    171.8 KB · Views: 59
  • woodpile.MDX
    13.3 KB · Views: 57

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Oh dear, that's gonna take awhile.

If it's too much, no worry. It's just something I'd like to build a winter atmosphere in a more believable way. I'm also in no rush at all. So if you do decide to make it, take your time :p

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Looks good if you ask me, exactly what I had in mind. Maybe just connect the two clumps in the foreground since they're very close together already? I really like it :)

Can someone make this have another animation where the water is black and another where there is no water at all?

Or if it's easier just edit the model and remove the water altogether.

Aaaaand if it's not too much to ask make the grassy patches on the statue itself more blight-ey? :p

Last edited:
Would you mind if I separate the models, each? Like one model for blight and another one for no water.
There seems to be an issue with the water particles that makes them wonky if I add a new black color for it.
No problem! Actually I only need it without water, the blight thing would just be a bonus so if it's not possible then only a model without water will do just fine :)

Level 1
Hello. Could someone please add teamcolor to this model? (of course, I have permission of its author). I want the parts of the model, that are dressed in cloth (on the texture sheet I colored this part of texture in bright green) to be team-colored. Тhanks in advance.

Attachments

• Dieselpunk TrooperOD.mdx
    99.5 KB · Views: 122
  • InfantryImperialNTC3.blp
    72.4 KB · Views: 128
Level 28
Hello. Could someone please add teamcolor to this model? (of course, I have permission of its author). I want the parts of the model, that are dressed in cloth (on the texture sheet I colored this part of texture in bright green) to be team-colored. Тhanks in advance.
You can add teamcolor by simply making the part of the texture that you want to have teamcolor transparent.

This tool might help you : https://www.peko-step.com/en/tool/alphachannel_en.html

Attachments

• InfantryImperialNTC.blp
    171.8 KB · Views: 189
Level 1
You can add teamcolor by simply making the part of the texture that you want to have teamcolor transparent.

This tool might help you : https://www.peko-step.com/en/tool/alphachannel_en.html

thank you! your edit is very nice and works well, though I found the team color too bright when displayed on model. I tried to make the green cloth texture (in the uploaded file, lower left corner) semi-transparent, using Photoshop, but ran into problems with file format. Are semi-transparent textures possible, and if yes, then how do I make them?

Attachments

• InfantryImperialNTC.blp
    80.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Рисунок1.png
    Рисунок1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Level 21
Are semi-transparent textures possible, and if yes, then how do I make them?
Of course they are possible; almost all models with team color have semi-transparent textures. You can use BLP Lab to convert the texture (BLP file) to TGA. Then open the TGA file with Photoshop and edit the alpha channel. To make parts of the texture more transparent just make those areas of the alpha mask darker.

Level 1
Of course they are possible; almost all models with team color have semi-transparent textures. You can use BLP Lab to convert the texture (BLP file) to TGA. Then open the TGA file with Photoshop and edit the alpha channel. To make parts of the texture more transparent just make those areas of the alpha mask darker.

A complete success. Тhank you!

Attachments

• dune.png
    dune.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 192