• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's 2D Manipulation Workshop

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Requester:
sentrywiz

Subject:
Animated Avatar(Shiny!)

DONE

Resource Image:
gg.jpg

I cannot use this as my avatar (why is the image format a .jpg when its clearly a .gif?)

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

sentrywiz said:
I cannot use this as my avatar (why is the image format a .jpg when its clearly a .gif?)

Hmm... I think maybe Hive converts all attached images to JPG format.

It doesn't matter if it still animates even though it is in JPG format. Or maybe you want the GIF format for that image? :|

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hmm... I think maybe Hive converts all attached images to JPG format.

It doesn't matter if it still animates even though it is in JPG format. Or maybe you want the GIF format for that image? :|

That's the problem. Hive says its the wrong format = cannot be used as avatar.

It animates. But every program sees its extension as .jpg and yet its a .gif image.
Its like changing an .exe file to .doc and then trying to run it. It fucks up, obviously.

You can convert the jpg to gif in many websites.

You don't get it. The gif is a gif image, but the artist set its extension to jpg. So it fucks up in every program I try to open it in, even online converters. And how the balls can you convert a single image to a .gif file that is basically 2+ images in a loop?

I don't want to insult you ... but did you write the comment without thinking about it?

That's the problem. Hive says its the wrong format = cannot be used as avatar.

It animates. But every program sees its extension as .jpg and yet its a .gif image.
Its like changing an .exe file to .doc and then trying to run it. It fucks up, obviously.

You don't get it. The gif is a gif image, but the artist set its extension to jpg. So it fucks up in every program I try to open it in, even online converters. And how the balls can you convert a single image to a .gif file that is basically 2+ images in a loop?

I don't want to insult you ... but did you write the comment without thinking about it?

Rename it with changing extention example xxx.jpg -> xxx.gif
I think that should work

Level 25
Ah, wonderful, my good Sir Chen :goblin_yeah:

Well, the texture is meant to fit with Hayate's bear models, hence why the armor parts should look like fur as I'm not gonna use the Furbolg model, just the texture on Hayate's model edits.
So, if you don't mind editing that part out, I'd appreciate that :)

Oh, and if you're up for the same task just on the normal Furbolg (units\creeps\Furbolg\Furbolg) texture instead this time, I'll give you more cookies ;)

Well, I'll just check his models and see how it will fit. Aaand oh sure, It will be pretty much easier since the normal is already stripped out of armor/clothing :D

Aww But I'm just a member like yourself ;)

Well,

Site Director

;)

Level 5
Here's the orc sylvanas skin it only needs an alpha channel. I will not be able to finish it this week so I post it here. I hope someone can finish it.

Late reply but I done it by myself, just with some edits and transparencies. :)

Will upload it to let you check soon.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The first thing I tried, but I can't. At least in the programs I have

The problem is that Hive converts the image to jpg. Try having it somewhere else on the Internet and copy the URL from there.

Level 19

I see but the image still animates so I thought you can still use or convert it. :vw_unimpressed:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

attachment.php

How bout now? Somehow my mac fix it when download it forcing it turn into .gif :p
download here?

Awesome. Your mac broke the image (and fixed it) :p

Man this is cool, this guy reminds me of a champion named ''Bard'' in Legue of Legends!

This guy is a NPC from WoW and card in hearthstone "Harvest Golem".
I've seen the bard in LoL, i don't think its a robot.

Roland

R

Roland

Windows it's the easiest but Most people prefer mac, It's because it's easy for them to use. With ergonomic ways on designing/creating art or such more.

Level 12
Windows it's the easiest but Most people prefer mac, It's because it's easy for them to use. With ergonomic ways on designing/creating art or such more.

I think Windows is far more superior in the aspect of manipulating and customization of your PC, but hey that's just my taste. I have nothing against MAC users... btw let's change topic to something related to this thread.

Roland

R

Roland

Why are we even talking about this? You should've made a thread on Computer Tech Instead xDD I might get a warning from Off-topic thing :/

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Guys this model HeroBloodElf doesn't have a Portrait model !? And I need him so much for my campaign!
Model path :http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...7342/?prev=search=blind%20paladin&d=list&r=20

This is the wrong workshop, Sirade :)
Adding a portrait is a model edit.

Is my request finished yet? Oh and i have another request ..

Want a Bandit Grathios(skin).
Be patient, please.

If you need something, please give an appropriate amount of information.
A skin ? What unit it should based on, how it should look like, appropriate details and possible references.

Level 9
I wnat a bandit grathios skin, just normal bandit texture type and his axe should be a little red and he the shield should be like a bandit shield
Thats just it...

So i was scanning the Open Request Section, And without checking properly, decided to do the Icon Recolor requested by Leo Akastenix
I actually already done it, But not sure if that is against member rule here :p
since is already occupied by Betababy

I upload here anyway :p
The Icon is in the ZIP File, The Picture is Preview
attachment.php

attachment.php

I would like to request a reskin of this model: http://www.mediafire.com/download/w1x4md9w3wzh0ut/BloodElfHalfling.rar based upon it's original skin I need to make it look more like a high elf hero something like the image below I would also appreciate it if you recolored the eyes into blue http://imgur.com/Tu8Z1Gg also sorry if this is lacking in detail I hope the picture makes up for it.

PS I cannot get permission because I don't speak Russian, I downloaded it from a Xgm.ru so I think the author is Russian

Edit: Awaiting new request taker

Ok.... Lets see, never tried to do skin before but i can try, do you mean turn the skin into like the picture or.... what do you mean more like high elf hero? Im very confused :p (I onlly Understand the recolor part)

Can Someone please make a High Elf version to the following resources(Skins and Icons) : Blood Mage, Blood elf lieutenant(please Make a high elf version icon), Spell Breaker ,BTNSpellBreakerMagicDefend.blp , and BTNSpellBreakerMagicUnDefend.blp.

Isnt High Elf and Blood elf look the same? (I googled and found that Blood elf are highelf that renamed themself :p)
Or just Remove the red is what you want?
You Might Wanna Check out this
I found a Highelf (Methink) "BloodMage"

Attachments

• Leo Akastenix Arthas Icon Recolor.zip
    21 KB · Views: 54
  • BTNPaladinArthasRecolor1.png
    BTNPaladinArthasRecolor1.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 480
  • BTNUndeadArthasRecolor.png
    BTNUndeadArthasRecolor.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Level 27
Ok, i need a skin, but i don't known if the request is too much job xD.

A Bloodmage skin with the grey dragonhawk armor and colors. My idea is redraw the armor in the torso to looks like the one in the dragonhawk skin, similar with the face, add the mask in the dragonhawk skin to the bloodmage face.

Arm and legs could be recolors.

Attachments

• Dragonhawk.blp
    220.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Hero_BloodElf.blp
    105.9 KB · Views: 57

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I have another request for an icon.

spell_nature_astralrecalgroup.jpg

I want this icon somehow recolored, redrawn to make it look like the Lightning Shield Special Effect in warcraft or WoW. In other words, I want someone to make it look more like lightning (with white & blue ) colors only. I hope someone understood what I'm saying.

latest

You can also ignore the icon above if you can make another icon more represented of Lightning Shield. I don't mind, as long as you can see lightning and 3 orbs in the icon.

Level 25
I have another request for an icon.

spell_nature_astralrecalgroup.jpg

I want this icon somehow recolored, redrawn to make it look like the Lightning Shield Special Effect in warcraft. In other words, I want someone to make it look more like lightning (with white & blue ) colors only. I hope someone understood what I'm saying.

Guess I'll take it. Coming right up!

EDIT: Oh, well!

Attachments

• BTNLightningAstralRecall.png
    BTNLightningAstralRecall.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 244
  • LightningAstralRecall.rar
    28.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Level 3
Hello =) Can someone change this icon?
icons_14551_btn.jpg

I need to change one axe with sword. So it would be like Axe and Sword

Level 3
Hello =) Can someone change this icon?
icons_14551_btn.jpg

I need to change one axe with sword. So it would be like Axe and Sword

Anyone? That was an example. If someone can draw it...
In general. I need icon for the Attack Type - Melee Weapon (Axe / Sword). Many thanks for your time =)

Level 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
Anyone? That was an example. If someone can draw it...
In general. I need icon for the Attack Type - Melee Weapon (Axe / Sword). Many thanks for your time =)

Here, have my cheap production until someone can make better

Attachments

• ATTSwordnAxe.blp
    5.1 KB · Views: 64
  • UPGSwordnAxe.blp
    11.2 KB · Views: 52