• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's 2D Manipulation Workshop

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

@Shar Dundred

@acrabnightlife
like this ? You did not say anything about the borders, so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Oh can you also change the border but with a light green tint?
Also another question how can I lower the filesize?

Like this ?

If you convert it to .blp using the BLP Lab, a tool form Hive, there you can set its quality to reduce the file-size

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Yeah, it does, since when a dialog opens, any icon without a disabled version will turn green. :/

My first guess it that you imported the icon wrong, the path not being correct. Did you follow the structure as showed in every Hive icon ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

i create two files and import them?
As apcrabnightlive says, you need two files, one for BTN and one for DISBTN.

But, you don't even need to actually create a new icon yourself. There is a fully black texture, somewhere in the MPQ, try re-importing that texture after extracting it with a modelling tool like Magos or the Viewer and just change its paths. Or simply do what EagleXI said.

Level 12
Excuse me but
I've read in the first post of the Thread that you do skins but only recolors and simple skins.
Hypothetical Question: if you would accept a reskin that the condition was it to be detailed. Would you do it? Would you even Try?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Excuse me but
I've read in the first post of the Thread that you do skins but only recolors and simple skins.
Hypothetical Question: if you would accept a reskin that the condition was it to be detailed. Would you do it? Would you even Try?

The first post aims to prevent posts of excessive work, as most full skin edits are, aka skin from scratch.

You can post a request of this size, but it is less likely one will overtake it.
If you see the current request of apcrabnightlive's request, it is a skin from scratch, too. It is a lot of work and I think I will do it if I find some time, but, however, as I said, it is less likely someone will overtake a request of this size.

You are free to post and try.

Level 19
If you see the current request of apcrabnightlive's request, it is a skin from scratch, too. It is a lot of work and I think I will do it if I find some time, but, however, as I said, it is less likely someone will overtake a request of this size.

I didn't know it was that difficult. I just want to make the sorceress looks icy rather than reddish default one. May I cancel my request? Seems like I would need something else than my current request.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I didn't know it was that difficult. I just want to make the sorceress looks icy rather than reddish default one. May I cancel my request? Seems like I would need something else than my current request.

Oh sure.
Just a hint, saying an icy skin edit will be less likely done if you just need a blue re-colour looking icy :)

Level 12
The first post aims to prevent posts of excessive work, as most full skin edits are, aka skin from scratch.

You can post a request of this size, but it is less likely one will overtake it.

Thank you for the answer and here's my request:

-I want the skins used by Direfury's Human General changed to look undead-ish with undead symbols
-(Do you need the skins extracted?)
-the Skins were made by Blizzard so I got it?

To the one that will accept my request: any question VM me ok

Level 18
Request: Change the texture so that it matches the model
Permission: The author has not returned since 2006. I have sent a PM, asking for permission despite knowing he will never answer.

Attachments

• ManaBurst.mdx
    25.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Burst.jpg
    Burst.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 98
Level 9
Can i pls have a skin of the Iron Golem into something like this?

242099-albums8302-picture103943.png

And in case u might need a japanese flag.. here.

onewingedangel94.deviantart.com/art/Empire-of-the-Rising-Sun-Flag-190511845

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Request: Change the texture so that it matches the model
Permission: The author has not returned since 2006. I have sent a PM, asking for permission despite knowing he will never answer.

Isn't this a model edit ?

If it is, easy, but what texture should be changed ? The outer flames to match the inner one or vice versa ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The outer flames to match the inner one.

This is much more efficient if done via model edit. A model edit won't take up additional space whereas textures will easily take a lot.

However, we can recolor the textures of this SFX, but as I said, consider posting it in the model workshop instead.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I already had a look on the model and it is messy like hell, inefficient built and hard to understand what is what. Additionally, Magos does not show most particles, that being said I cannot test it without importing it in-game.

I can try it, but I can more or less sure already tell you it won't look the same. It is probably easier to, if that is what you would like to achieve, completely newly build the model. Could you give me the link for the original model, please ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ardenian, the original is the model that I posted.

If things do not work out with this model, do whatever is convenient for you.

To be honest, I have no idea how the model works.
If the attached one works by chance then okay, but if not then I have no idea how to replicate the inner flame properly.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Yes, I thought editing the emitters should be sufficient, but apparently it is not.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Of course, Grauser, but please be aware that Edits are more likely done than iicons from scratch.

Level 9
Chen has my last request.. but anyways.. could i have..

-A soviet Marine skin, a redder armored marine with a soviet hammer and sickle on his shoulders.
Reference to the hammer and sickle: http://lt-commander.deviantart.com/art/Soviet-Star-2-0-61506101

-A Japanese Spellbreaker, the shield with this on the shield and a whiter armor and helmet then his lanve or something to laser lance or something.

-A Nazi Marine(pls dont be offended), a swatsika on his shoilders black armored marine with a mask of like Darth vader(if possible only) on his face.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

More details would be good, what should change throughout the upgrades ?

Level 3
The idea is about a Power Hammer on the Tinker Hero. So with each lvl of Upgrade its going to improve his power. I think Hammer change like some iron scraps or adding other metal parts + energy glowing or material change etc. Something like that.

Last edited: