• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness

Yes, it would allow you to have cheaper but still worth while melee units late game, sort of an alternative to going "all-in" with Paladins and Magis.

I should point out that with the Seed, there are tiers but their aren't tech 1,2,3 units. They are all available from the start and receive upgrades as a whole. The race is limited by how well you run your harvesters.

Here's the model thread with the models I need edited: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/starcraft-model-edits-132754/

Attachments

• Seed.JPG
    Seed.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 184
Beta Seed

This is the very early Beta Seed. It's really just a platform at this point, none of the tooltips are in and many icons are incorrect.

Play as Green and put on a few AI's to get a feel.

Mainly I'm having trouble getting a passive aura UI spell that regrows trees and getting the birth FX to show up on constructing structures.

Any ability suggestions are welcome, but please note this is a GUI only map now, I won't be relying on any third party applications or systems that are patch specific.

There are 12 units including the Terra, which doubles as the resource drop off point.

Attachments

• Beyond the Throne v3ST.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
  • Seed U.JPG
    Seed U.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Seed U 2.JPG
    Seed U 2.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 129
Level 21
I played it and it was hard. I was able to kill human easy because he didn't make units but orc normal was another story. It took me some time to get to know units but generally they all were week.

Defiler who only has strong attack has 100hp. The big bug (husk or something) is durable but because of siege attack Ogres clobbered them easily and trolls mad short work of my army since they have big attack and range and not to mention latter death knights and necrolytes. Also their hero was a big plus. My advantage is that I only needed lumber and units don't use food. With Brood lords i was able to control them all but still small space was big problem. The eggs from that screaming unit were useless because they need tine to grow and after that die after 20 sec. Impalers created me so many workers that i had over 60 (forest was crying!). Maybe units need more poison attacks or at least one strong unit against knights and ogres.

Thank you for the response.

The general idea here is to make a huge army. The weakness of the units require that you make many more, the screen shot above shows how many you must make to equal one of the orc/human units.

The tree thing is a problem, but the Tera is meant to have an ability that passively regrows trees. The idea is to strip harvest a section of forest and then build your base within and regrow a ring of trees around it. The Broodlord will have transport capacity as well. The Drudges will have an increased lifespan, probably 60 seconds and will be controllable by the Broodlord as well.

Defilers are meant as base harassment and unit production disruption. You have to imagine perhaps 20 or 30 of them rushing a base, nothing would be able to be built/repaired.

The Striker is meant to be the ogre/knight counter and will have a powerful stinging attack eventually.

Keep the ideas coming.

Level 21
I like the idea of this race and I am surprised that it is still lower than 3mb.

Trees were quickly cut by my 60 workers so there really must be regrown ability. Also maybe you should make infest gold mine ability since seed doesn't need it. Defiler should have at least 150hp. I kinda more used them to poison first line attackers.

The stingers have ability to spawn workers (and then workers spawn even more workers) from corpses and poison but very low speed. Also they need some kind of infesting casting unit as spell caster.

The seed base should have defensive mechanism like human have militia and orcs have burrows. Something like short living mind worm attackers that are spawned from main building?

Also could you give the big bug unit a spike shell so it could return damage? (just an idea)

What will you do for upgrades? Maybe give them speed upgrade or production upgrade.

No I havent given up, I'm hoping the patch today will help things. Here's a screenshot of some progress I've been making. You could say there has been a radical altering of the way you progress in siege units.

Also, each race now has a experimental super-weapon that only one can be built of. This screen is the human and orc weapons.

In addition this also shows the new system I'm using. The Airship is a replacement for the Battleship; meaning you have to decide if you want that or the naval ship. There are substantial prices to pay in terms of unit stats but you gain flight.

Attachments

• New Picture.JPG
    New Picture.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 180
Level 1
Oh great! Sad thing I can't help to test it properly, every warcraft 3 player I knew retired a few days - weeks after I got to know your conversion =/

Last edited:
So I just thought I'd let everyone know I've been set back by the recent issues with newgen and pjass and the update.

I've become frustrated by the lack of updates and support for newgen, so I'm replacing or converting all spells to GUI.

I've looked through all the GUI spells here, so if you have any suggestions I'd love to have them.

Level 17
Wow, still working on it eh? Nice improvements, especially the AI, much better than the one I made for you then :D. Could I get some models out your map (or maybe you know where I can find them)? I need the Orc Blacksmith, Gnomisch Inventor, Ogre Mound, Dragonroost and Death Knight models. I would be darn grateful if you could help me find them.

Level 17
New version up.

I'd love to get your feedback on the Seed!
, original and cool race,feels different and unique. I've some suggestions for it: (correct me if I'm wrong) since the only way to train Harvesters is to generate them from a corpse, in the beginning you may have to kill an unit you own to generate a harvester, so you'll to use other units you own to kill the unit, why not give every Seed unit a "kill this unit" ability. Second, I recommend you to use nerubian structures instead of zerg buildings because their colors match the Seed units and I think it will reduce the map file size. Btw, could I've those warcraft 2 models I asked for?

I didn't use Nerubian structures because I didn't want buildings in the traditional sense. This race is supposed to be "of the earth;" if you ever saw an anime called Blue Seed that is where the idea for this race came from.

The models you asked for are attached; I don't use a mound model in my map though.

Attachments

• Roost-Inventor-Blacksmith-DeathKnight.rar
    729.4 KB · Views: 73
Level 21
Well Seed are more unique but aren't units with Hp 4000 little to much? I just made two Husks, one Stalker and Widow and sent them on orcs. Then I use Husks entangle and game crashed. Also scorpion units are going in front despite being ranged.

I see you changed many things like removing invisibility and made it harder to make workers. But I kinda liked old ones since units were weaker and smaller and greener.

Level 21
Well no crashes now so sorry.

Also you mentioned something about AI getting corpses right? Well you already set it to auto cast so you'll probably just have to make attack group containing drones or big bugs. The problem is that they'll be probably killed.

Level 1
The seed are interesting but shouldn't there be a limit to the number of harvesters? Its easy to get more than a hundred of them.

You are only meant to have a few of those units, so most likely they will be seeing significant lumber cost increases.

If the game crashed and you got a memory reference error, that's not that map.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20656

Are you sure this is the case? Your map is the only one that crashes my game.