• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness

Level 21
Well let see seed now have strong units such as: Hulsk, Stalker, Widow, Nydus, Menace and Mariner. And when I say strong I mean it. They all have at least over 1500 hp wile orcs and humans don't usually cross 1000hp.
Wile weak units are : Beast, Hunter, Defiler, Dragoon, Seeker and Spinner.

So doesn't that kinda ruins idea of "week race that uses big numbers with few strong units"? Why not just mass stalkers who are 288 wood each and available very early and attack orcs and humans before they make strong units.

And all of those seed models and custom abilities are lagging my comp which usually results in crashing. I guess I just can't handle this map anymore.

The idea is to have two tiers of units: one that you'll have very few of and one that you'll mass - sort of a play on heroes.

As far as the computer settings I can't help you there other than suggesting turning your video options down in the game settings menu, the spell detail option has a particularly noticeable effect.

I was really leaning against hero units for Seed because they are a collective race, or rather there is no all important unit.

The idea was to compensate for this by providing the upper tier of units that are incredibly powerful but have specific vulnerabilities.

Everyone I get feedback from though wants a hero unit, so perhaps. It certainly won't have an inventory though and will need to serve some other purpose.

Level 2
Perhaps you can create a custom campaign for this map.

Did the beast regenerate hp when burrowed?Also,when i stop the creep from burrow,a fatal error appear.

Last edited:
Update including some fixes for the last patch.

Eye of Killrogg can no longer be targeted by ground units and selection circle shows on water
Hearty Web is now 75% transparent and actually increases healing percentage at level 2
Broodlines description now correctly shows 20x range
Stalker model size decreased
Seed AI now now longer shoots itself in the foot overusing burrow
Nasty bug with progenerate fixed
AI heroes now level correclty
Suggested player field updated
Pulverize, Command Aura, Spell Feedback now shows levels in tooltip
How the AI is created, named, and deals with hero revival made more efficient
added Altars back to Orcs and Humans
Altar of Storms (ogre upgrade structure) renamed to Altar of Blood
Fixed Ogre upgrades button positions
Replaced Far Sight with Track
remade AI
increased Hunter hp by 200

Level 24
shit.jpg
Looks better in-game.

So I have a bit of a question for those that have played the Seed. Do you think they are worth the space?

I have recently been toying with the idea of removing them and opting to broaden the techtrees of orcs and humans.

This is mostly brought on by the 2000 kbs of space the Seed currently take, the extreme trouble I'm having with Seed AI due to unknown Blizzard bugs/restrictions (woo), and the general failure of them to meet the expectations I had for such a different race.

Any feedback is welcome.

Also this is the new terrain you'll be playing on, terrained by me using a custom tileset M0rbid made for me.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/post-worldtree-melee-map-157153/