• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apply Here Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
If you wish to apply as a terrainer, please post at least 3 screenshots of the terrain you've made in the past.
And yes Moyack, we really do need skinners now since I haven't heard from THE_END for a while so if you wanna become a skinner, feel free to let me know!
~Craka_J

Level 25
He's a triggerer and will probably start terraining zones that I haven't started yet. But he'll have to wait for my confirmation.
Bounty Hunter2 is a former leader of the old project that was the same as Wc3:WoW but alliance isle only, perhaps we can convert the two projects and save our selves a load of time :p
~Craka_J

Level 2
Here are two of some of my works....i made this for my contest.
btw have a lookie and join the contest
screenie 1.jpg
screenie 2.jpg

Level 34
You have plenty of terrainers? I would love to, although time will be limited in the fall. If you think I'm good enough Craka, let me know.

Level 25
I'm the only terrainer. Which is kind of all WC3:WoW needs at the moment, but I'm sure having another really good terrainer on the team would actually save me time. Although I'd have to polish the terrain either way (It's just how I am)
Are you good enough? Hmm... I'll have to see a lot more than four screenshots to choose my choice comfortabley.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Well I am updating my map everyday, so I should have more every few days for a little bit. Let me know if you ever need me. :smile:

Level 25
Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I felt like that when I saw Nasrudin's old Warhammer RPG he was making. God do/did I want to join that mod and terrain! Too bad Nasrudin is out of the Warcraft modding business, and gods speed to where ever he is now. Hopefully his talent takes him far in life. Nasrudin is a respected member and very honorable to the WC3:WoW Team.

And now to get a bit more on topic, since this is the Applications thread which we seek for talented modders such as JASS scripters, Terrainers(Though like we said, not really looking for them and you need to be a true pro to be accepted), Modellers, Model Animaters, Skinners, and so on...

If you believe you are very good at what you do, please apply here and if you can, add additional screenshots as evidence to prove that you are worthy and that you can do what you say and believe you can do.
~Craka_J; Leader of the Wc3:WoW Team.

Level 1
Hey guys I'm new here and interested in this project. The terrain work i have seen so far impressed me a lot, i would really enjoy to be able to help out.
I could work as a screen-shot provider if you need another one or a scripter (JASS ofc)

Still, i would like to ask something: Are you planning to script casttime, a custom damage system with resistances, spell damage, dodge chance, crit chance etc. or are you relieing on normal wc3 system?

mfg
Wolf

Level 25
We plan to add things like cast-bars, dodge %, resistance, etc. So yes, those systems will eventually be in the Open Beta, I don't think we're going to work on those as much when we release the upcoming Open Beta.
However I do think that once we get most of the terrain done on Elwyn Forest, Darnassus, Stormwind, Teldrassil, Dolanar, Ashenvale, Barrens, and Thousand Needles, we may include some parts to the combat system.

At the moment we need JASS scripters who are willing to do atleast one of the following for WC3:WoW:
  • Make casting bar(s).
  • Make Combat/Chat bars.
  • Make Buff bar(s).
  • Cinematics {Trailer/Teaser}
  • Jump system.
  • Targetting system.
  • Party/Raid Control system. {This will help with future Battlegrounds maps}

If you're a JASSer but don't want to do some of these, that is fine. But you must choose to make atleast one and once you receive the campaign, you must work efficiently and quickly before any events occur in your life where you know you won't be able to work on WC3:WoW for more than one day. The WC3:WoW Team would also like to have weekly or daily updates on your progression with what you are doing with the map so we know that there is no inactivity with you and the other members.

Also, we may soon look for someone who is good at making cool and professional videos who also have Fraps or some type of recording system so we can advertise WC3:WoW on www.YouTube.com successfully. If you would like to help us make a teaser/trailer for WC3:WoW and believe that you are good with making videos/movies, please feel free to PM me or e-mail the team at either: [email protected] or [email protected]

Now for you professional cinematic creators, (Bob27, TheUberNoob, Zurg, Iron_Ian, etc.) I would like to begin recruiting skilled cinematic creators for Warcraft III. If I believe you fit the position, you will be our official trailor/teaser creator. And if you do a good job making the first trailor/teaser, we might let you become a temporary Closed Beta Tester and will allow you to create our second cinematic. If the second one is great too, we may allow you to create a cinematic for WC3:WoW, in-game, most likely for the intro for each race/faction. So please! If you are interested in making a trailer/teaser for WC3:WoW, please contact us! Only thing is, you will most likely not be put to work right away, may take a couple Closed Betas to be released before we think WC3:WoW should show off it's game-play elements and so on...
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 1
Well... at the moment i've got a completely finished combat system including all stats of a WoW character and the possibility to use items with requieries, stats, damage etc. I also included a completely triggered system adding and removing buffs (making it possible to dispel single buffs)
If you want to test it, i can upload a map.

It just kinda lacks the look... Instead of a castbar i use a texttag showing the time so far, buffs are still shown under your character etc.
As the damage is also completely triggered, it's not possible to view the character's damage in the window. Actually that's not even that bad because in WoW you can't look your enemies stats either.
If you want me to do one of the things you listed, i would like to try helping out by doing ingame cinematics as I'm rather experienced at that subject than i am at designing bars etc.

mfg
Wolf

Level 25
Well after I took command and became the leader of WC3:WoW I think (Not sure when it happened) HappyTauren had the campaign and I waited on him for over two months. So since he was pretty much never going to give it to me, I took it upon myself and had enough patience to redo an older version of WC3:WoW. Back when Darnassus wasn't even finished yet! So the screenshots of Darnassus are false, at the moment it's a wreck and to be honest I really don't want to terrain it. So I hired Celestea to terrain Teldrassil and Darnassus and she refused to give it back to me. She will never handle the campaign again besides Open Betas.

So that's pretty much the reason why I don't want any terrainers. (Can't depend on them at all) Although HernanG and Freakazoid were good additions to this team, it's a shame that they have left. :\
~Craka_J

Level 9
If I don't do any of the required stuff but just want to do some spells and contribute parts or whole of systems (Im working on a Hero A.I for nearly any type of map) can I join the team. Or maybe just do some spells and a A.I system(For NPC's) and be part time? Anything along these lines to contribute?

-Av3n

Level 1
I don't think you need a special A.I system. WoW mobs use the same guard position system as the ones in wc3 do. The only thing which is important will be the aggro. But even that is only really needed for multiplayer.

Level 1
As i said i scripted the complete WoW combat system. I also did a few spells with casting time and spell damage calculation etc.
Do you need things like that?

Btw i am also playing WoW a lot (3 lvl 70 chars)

Level 25
Most of the JASS scripters use vJASS these days. Therefor, I will allow you to work with it. Now, get on MSN so we can discuss some matters of you being a part of the actual team and what you will be doing and so on...
We're still in need of about five more talented abilities/JASS workers for the abilities alone. If you're good enough and apply for the team, chances are you will be hired!
~Craka_J

Level 1
I think the mob respawn system doesn't only depend on the unit's level, there are mob camps with different max numbers of mobs in the group. I think that's also a factor for calculating respawn time.

Level 25
Well the creep respawn we have now isn't very advanced like I want. It's very basic triggering I belive; something like this:

Trigger

Event: A generic unit dies.
Condition: Unit Dying = <unit> equal to True.
Action: Create <unit> of dying unit> in <region> facing default angle.
Yes, I know... crappy GUI triggers :|
~Craka_J

Level 25
As i said i scripted the complete WoW combat system. I also did a few spells with casting time and spell damage calculation etc.
Do you need things like that?

Btw i am also playing WoW a lot (3 lvl 70 chars)

In order for me to at least consider hiring you, you must show me a map or system of yours that you've made in the past to prove that you're not bluffing and just want credit. If I believe you're good enough, I'll be more than happy to welcome you aboard!
~Craka_J

Level 25
I'm not telling you to do it like I wrote it above. I'm just saying that is what we have right now and it sucks, so I want to replace it with yours! You know... when the mobs respawn they go from 100% transparency to 0% transparency.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.