• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apply Here Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok, I made a screenshot of Ashenvale Forest. I have no reference to it, just made one. Do I need to make screens with reference?
Same for the Felwood one. I have no reference.

I just posted these, tell me what I can do better, so I can fix it. And I will upload more as I make.

Here is a screen (with reference) of Winter Spring:
12.jpg

2e1ht0w.jpg

Here is a screen (with reference) of Elwynn Forest:
aa1201.jpg

ri6gpv.jpg

Attachments

• Ahenvale.jpg
    Ahenvale.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 263
  • Felwood.jpg
    Felwood.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
Level 25
Your terrains still look inaccurate, and accuracy in Wc3:WoW is very important when using screenshot or video references. I am sorry, but I cannot allow you on the team as a terrainer. Thanks for trying though. I know you guys want to help.

~Craka_J

Level 5
What's this? Craka_J yields to the demands of the people? Against his own principles he actually agrees to post screenshots that he don't seem fit? Uther the Lightbringer bought a new carpet yesterday? Arthas forgot to install central heating? It's truly a sad world we live in nowadays.
Sorry I was bored.

Level 8
Hey Cracka, by concept artist do you mean someone who can think of some ideas or a drawer, ive got some pretty mad drawing skills, here are some drawings i did when i was 13 (14 right now xD):

Hydralisk 1:
DSC00009.jpg

Hydralisk 2:
DSC00010.jpg

Cocktail Dog:
DSC00007.jpg

Some Bugs:
DSC00011.jpg

Giant Spider:
DSC00008.jpg

If you'd like to see my most recent drawings id be happy to upload them, i am alot better now. I've never really tryed doing War3 drawings but im sure if a practiced for about 2 weeks top I'd get into the Warcraft style. BTW cocktail dog strikes me as funny :grin:

EDIT: here are some of my recent drawings including a self portrait (it ain't too good my lip is alot thinger, my left eye is kinda lower then my right, and the chin is kinda retarded, it makes me look kinda negro xD):

Self Portrait:
Picture023.jpg

Green Man 1:
Picture026.jpg

Green Man 2:
Picture017.jpg

Green Man 3:
Picture015.jpg

I personally don't like green man 3, but it isn't finished and i wanted to do something unique. Anyway please tell me if your interested in me joining your team, i really love this project and it's idea and being a part of it's production would be so awesome.

Last edited:
Level 8
Yeah im still learning to draw, proportions really isn't my problem, it's actually drawing something i can think of, like i can think of how a drawing will look like with every single little detail, but i have a hard time drawing that image in my head. BTW, is a concept artist a drawer? it's just my question. Even if im not too good maybe i can practice for about 1 month and if im better then maybe i can join, and of course id be practicing drawing wow stuff.

EDIT: also take into consideration on the faces, it is litterly the first time i have EVER attempted a face. I never tryed them, i just did bodys and animals and stuff, but lately in my art class ive been told to do some faces so i drew em just like that with no help.

Level 8
My drawings were good? :grin: Thanks xD I only started "advanced drawing" last year, but ive been drawing since i was, what was it? like 4? lol well all i remember is that i used to draw demented dinosaurs, like ones with 7 legs or 1, you know those really shitty ones. I think i still got them actually.

Level 5
Do they really need a concept artist? I thought Craka_J said the only concept artist they needed was WoW itself.

Btw you pwn me at drawing bugs and that hydralisk is amazing :p. But to be honest those faces are not very good. But alas I'm not very good at faces either lol.

Level 3
Hmm ...

I see you need some terrainers ... I am a terrainer. I cant show you any screen couse i dont have one but trust me i am a good terrainer. Something about me:

I live in Germany
I am 14 years old
I play WC3 since 2002 and i played wow too
i have pretty much wow experience ( mosty terrain )

If u are interessed contact me at ICQ : 373507834 or skype : Blue_Master33

Level 5
Peter Griffin kinda laugh: Mehehehehehheheheheheheehehe.
It's not like there's ever a chance that Craka_J will "employ" you if you don't give any screenshots or other proof of your claimed skills.

Level 5
I suggest that you try to make some WoW-terrain based on a screenshot from wow. Then you take a screenshot of your terrain and post it here for Craka to judge it. That's what everyone else has done.

Btw, were you 8 years old when you started playing wc3? Holy cow.

Hi, I recently sent an e-mail to apply to join the team but I'll post here too:
I'm an experienced Jasser who has made one spell and one system for the hive so far, both of which have been approved, my system with a four-star and my spell with a five-star rating. I've seen this project and would be interested in joining, so please PM or e-mail me back if you would be interested in having me join the project.

Level 3
I suggest that you try to make some WoW-terrain based on a screenshot from wow. Then you take a screenshot of your terrain and post it here for Craka to judge it. That's what everyone else has done.

Btw, were you 8 years old when you started playing wc3? Holy cow.

Ok i will do it. And yes i started to play with 8 years. I stole the wc3 demo from my uncle and i played the campaign that was funny.

Level 6
i would like to apply for modeler, but new comp means no 3d program so no screenie.

i will get home dl a 3d program make something nice and put a screenie up and hopefully it will be useful.

sometimes i hate new computers -.-

EDIT: creativity is out off order atm.. pl0x gief inspiration

Level 36
I know the last time I was on this project, I didn't really do anything, but now I have a little more time. I'd be happy to look over some of the terrain and add minor little details that make it look sexier, if you'd like. I could do some scratch terraining too, but I don't have WoW installed anymore, and I don't really have an account either.

I would also like to program boss fights, I'm intermediate at jass, but I'm sure I could figure out the harder bits, too.

Level 6
Status
Not open for further replies.