• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

✅HD Modeling Contest #5 - POLL

VOTE FOR THE TOP 3 MODELS - We encourage you to check out the entries below before casting your vote

• Barorque

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • Symphoneum

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Superfrycook

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • vindorei

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Mr. Paupiette

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • ZoomMan

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Rukhmar

Votes: 49 60.5%
  • Malmgrev

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
hive-logo-small-remoosed-png.373032

hd-png.376391
modeling-png.373686

contest-png.373719
png.373678
4-png.373677

poll-png.373718

creepcamphdmodelcontest5-png.434270
Contestants were to create 3-4 HD unit models that belong to the same "monster family" or Creep Camp. The Creeps should scale in power and level from low-level creeps that can be easily defeated, to the more powerful creeps that should be formidable adversaries. The Creeps should complement each other i.e. each unit should have a different role to play in the "monster family" e.g. healer, tank, ranged, support etc.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
    A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
  • Participating in the poll does not explicitly safe one from being disqualified.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

listofentries-png.404509

CONTESTANTPREVIEWENTRY

Barorque

1.png

Symphoneum

3.png

Superfrycook

8.png

vindorei

7.png

Mr. Paupiette

5.png

ZoomMan

6.png

Rukhmar

2.png

Malmgrev

4.png

other_prizes-png.311512

The amount of EXP gained for this contest have been increased:
  • 1st place: 750 1450 experience points
  • 2nd place: 600 800 experience points
  • 3rd place: 450 600 experience points
  • Entry: 150 250 experience points
  • Judge: 25 50 experience points per entry
The three winners will receive an Award Icon representing the winning entry.​
Winning a contest also unlocks Demon Rank icons (at least two wins is required).​

other_judges-png.311510

• @Mr Ogre man

• If no judges are found (at least two is required) before the deadline, the winners will be decided by the votes of a public poll. The poll results will be hidden until a person has voted. Changing your vote afterwards will not be possible.
  • Want to be a judge? Read this.

other_contest_judging-png.311506

MeshHow does the mesh look? How are the balance and scale? How coherent is polygon distribution? Do the shapes complement the model's theme?/15
SkinDoes the model have custom diffuses, ORMs and/or Normals? How good is the wrap? Are the textures appealing, or do they look blurry/stretched from the default game camera and portrait? Do the tones go well together? Is there sufficient contrast? Do the Normals and ORMs create proper lighting for the model?/15
AnimationsDoes the model have custom animations? How natural, smooth, and appropriate are the animations? Do they have character/personality? How well are they executed? Does the model have enough animations to function properly?/15
Integration/
Optimization
How well does the model work in-game? Does it feature the necessary attachments, footprints, sounds, and collisions? Does it have a working FaceFX? Is it optimised for minimal disk usage? Does it have enough Team Colour?/15
ThemeHow well does the model follow the contest theme?/15
EffectsDoes the model make use of emmissives, effects, ribbons, or additional custom models (i.e. projectiles/spells)? How well are they implemented? Does the model make use of fresnel, visibility or other .mdl edits?/5
CreativityHow original is the general idea? How inventive is the execution? How distinct is the model from the original assets?/20
/100

• Judgement: 60%
  • Poll: 40%
FinalScore = (40*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (60*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall begin on Sep 25, 2023 and conclude on Oct 9, 2023 GMT (day is included).

Assigned Staff: @Archian

Contest | Results

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Tons of great entries; very well-attended. Voted for Amani (Barorque), Mantid (Vindorei), & Qiraji (Rukhmar); those were just the most interesting/well-done to my eye. Was very glad to see more representation being done though (Female Bandits, Tuskar, etc).

Trolls forever!

The theme of creep camp, gives me the idea of "less is more," and nothing overly complicated.

So my vote goes to Symphoneum, Mr. Paupiette, ZoomMan, (Malmgrev as well if I could go for 1 more), it might not necessarily be the most polished looking or with a lot of bells and whistles but I do think it fits the theme the best and looks like a creep camp that one might encounter.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
The poll is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated! What a great contest :) Can't wait to see the next one!

Judges, man your planes!
@Mr Ogre man
@Ardenaso
my board exams are finally finished and I can now request for the HD reviewer role again :D

can I still make it to the judging?

Any news?

UPDATE 12/5/2023:

I know I'm not going to place, I'm too far down in the stack, but I'd really like to just get the judging done so we don't have to think about this anymore and if we want to add things or fix things on these models we can do so. I know everyone is really busy, the holidays are happening, and there are some EXTREMELY large releases happening soon that are holding up some stuff but if we could get this out of the way by the end of the year that would would take a lot of stress off of my shoulders and I'm sure there are other people who feel the same. If judging this contest is not possible, at this point lets just go with the popular vote. It's taken too long, we've been in this contest since April or May...

Last edited:
Yes, I'm so sorry, I've been super busy with Re-Reforged's release and with the shitty shift schedule in my job (I'm working 24/7 shifts). I'm halfway done with them, but since I was looking at each model individually it was taking me a lot.
I'll try to finish it asap (since today is the release), and we can move on to the next.

Yes, I'm so sorry, I've been super busy with Re-Reforged's release and with the shitty shift schedule in my job (I'm working 24/7 shifts). I'm halfway done with them, but since I was looking at each model individually it was taking me a lot.
I'll try to finish it asap (since today is the release), and we can move on to the next.
Maybe after the next Re-Reforged release this can be revisited? I know you're super busy right now and I wouldn't want you to put more on your schedule until something comes off, at least.