• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon

This is the original version of Darky's map. No changes were made and it is not playable with the new version of Warcraft.

IMPORTANT
For those playing on 1.29+ game versions please download BizzaroFukuro's fix in his post here: click
Contents

Nature's Call - Return of the Dragon (Campaign)

Reviews
17:13, 26th Mar 2013 Vengeancekael: Fixed version - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2261221-post64.html
Level 2
my computer got a fatal error after i've choose the black dragon on map3 ... same with the 4 other, how can i unblock the chapter four ??? i've got the same problem 6 month ago... and i've dl the last version of the campaign...

Level 1
This campaign came out in like 2002 or 2003 back on WC3sear.ch (Darky27/28/29's site). It worked quite well then, but the amount of patching WC3 has gone through since then is probably what's causing all the bugs everyone's having; this campaign heavily edited the files, and (iirc) about a week after it was publicly available Blizz announced that modifying the gamefiles (can't remember which ones, it's been bloody 8 years) was against the ToS. A shame it's stopped working; this was one of the most ambitious campaigns I've ever had the pleasure of playing (granted I've been on wc3 hiatus for several years), and it worked.

Level 3
I loved the Spider Queen campaign aswell, and I loved the Return of the Dragon too... Shame it's buggy (worse yet, not because of the author's mistakes...)
Well, I stopped at map 8 and I can't go on. When I try to go to submap it does the normal submap error, that's ok, since it's a optional quest. Also, I can't beat the undead without the blade, so I just used a little of over making undead from that book you get with your dragon. And I beat the undead.
The problem is: I watch the ending cutscene but when I enter the portal I'm pulled back so the campaign main screen... Worse yet, without the map 9 open.
I tried opening the campaign to "unfold" the maps from campaign that were togeter, but it seems my warcraft is bugged or something, since I talked to a guy and he says there is no kind of protection on the map... When I open the campaign my world editor crashes... The guy told me to re-install Warcraft, but I no longer own the CD to install Warcraft and I got too many saves and stuff to start again. The guy couldn't "unfold" the maps for me when I asked him to send to my e-mail, so I'd like to ask you people: If you have some time or "unfolded" to play yourself the last maps, please, send me a message and I'll pass on my e-mail. It wouldn't hurt to just send me the maps, would it?
Thank you people, I just want to finish this campaign because it is too awesome to leave without an end :D
Note: I tried Motherland [race] [level] cheat, but since nerubians aren't an official Warcraft race, it didn't work.
Thanks if you read it all and thank you very much if you have any tip for me.
Also, I'd really like to play the campaign and finish it

Last edited:
Level 2
One of the bests. Too much bugs on this campaign, and I even played the fixed one, even with patch 1.18, the same bugs. I'm stuck at mission 8. I really need that stupid sword, but when I come out of the submap, I'm back in the main menu. Stupid submaps ruined the campaign!!!

EDIT: Nvm. I finally made it thru the mission using that book the dragon had from the mission 6 i think.
The ending disappointed me, really. I mean... I played the entire campaign just because i wanted to free that stupid spiderqueen, but where the hell is she? Whatever. I enjoyed the campaign very much, but what's with the " To be continued? ". I think Darky write that to make me angry cuz he made me want more. If i would know how to make campaigns better than i know now, i would make a continuation. If anyone wanna fix the bugs (i doubt it) here's my report:
1.All the submaps are bugged. First you can enter, but then if u leave, you're back to the main menu. Then if u wanna go again in the submap, the bug appers and you're back in the main menu.
2. In Map 2, if u save, then u load, you'll have 2 Metamorphus -.- and if u transform in dragon when u have 2 Meta, you'll get 3 Meta.
3. I used "Displacement" on a Razormane and he was transferred in the place where you get the 2nd Metamorphus.
4. I got very very very often Fatal Error in map 8.
5. In Map 9 when I finished the main quest, i got "Mission Complete" 20 times, then it ended.

I hope I helped.
P.S. If my english was bad, my apologize.

Last edited:
Level 1
i hope someone will remade this thing a bit since Natures call is awesome champaign
EDIT

i was wondering does anyone have wc3 tft version switcher up to patch 1.12 since i found only up to 1.22 via googling

Last edited:
Level 2
Isn't there no one out there who could try to debug this campaign? I mean, it's such a great campaign that since 2005(more or less) isn't working properly. I can't even get past map 1!. And those links with the debug version aren't working, no one have this without bugs? It's sad to say that this campaign is pretty much dead by now. We can't see the author and the maps doesn't work properly.

Level 1
how do u pass click shiny squarees minigame :/ i am clicking like 30 mins already and nothing is hapenning :/

WHat a bug XD save load fixed that

Last edited:
Level 2
I love this kind of campaign where the hero shines alone . But the extremely long and big maps made me so impatient and I quitted after Chapter 2 when I found the cave is right on top of the main base after 5 hours of searching through the map from the Scourge base to the Razorspine/Tauren bases , then got in a one-way portal then have to go back and forth and so on till I found 2 secret islands . I also got mad in Chapter 1 when I spent 2 hours looking for the rare flower then I found it was right in the middle of very many common flowers , after that I spent 20 minutes more to find where the tauren was ... cant there be some signs that show players the way so that they dont have to spend so much time finding the very small flower/cave ?

Level 1
Omg the one who maked the map doesnt even anwser and level 3 of it we have 3 hero o_O and when we move the hero into the cave it goes away WTF? and when we have 2 heros we use that guy the other one goes to dragon form and when its on spider form it doesnt do anything Please fix

maybe because he abandoned this map before bug fixing. someone took it to fix "most" of bugs so u could finish it with lots of save/load.
its a damn shame there's no 3rd part to see what actually happened to spider queen.....

Level 1
Has anyone ever finished this campign? Way back in the day I could get to the part where you choose the egg *ch 3 I think?* but now I cant even get past ch 2 when I enter the cave nothing happens! Doesn't seem like a fix really. This mod's what got me into WC3 back in the day so I wish someone could tinker around with it, I tryed opening it into map editor but couldn't figure out how.

Level 2
I played the fixed version too and the bugs of the optional quests in chapters are fixed. The only problem is that you can only go in and out there once, if you go in there another time you will end up restarting.

Level 3
In the first map(Escape from Northrend),i can enter the optional dungeon.But if i want to leave just after i enter or i complete the quest and then want to get out,it will just take me to the part i select the maps(like The Loss Of The Spiderqueen or The Loss Of The Spiderqueen),when the main map should load again...Is this a bug or some kind?I wont play the map if there are lots of bugs like this.Any suggestions?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Alright! This needs some tweaking in order for it to properly work.
Anyways, the AI is really mediocre and most of the gameplay is linear and not really developed.

chap1:
-he was flying over the road... crashed and then was awakened by Medivh and started threatening him... Why doesn't Medivh do all the work anyways if he is so powerful and babysits Metamorphus
-who blocked the way to the undead base?
-it would be nicer if Burrow wouldn't be time based and the hero would be vulnerable. I also has no cooldown. Units attacked by this spell do not run/dodge but stand to be slaughtered
-now, why did the bridge crumple?
-enemy units do not attack Egg Sacks. It would be nicer if they would be player owned and have a Rally Point
-the seal was disabled before the hero actually being close to it
-excuse me? Why did the King of Tides have to teleport the spider to him and tell him what the Murloc warrior already did?
-units are selected during cinematic mode
-I'm assuming the Chaos Spiders pass through earth as meteors to get in that catacomb. Their timer is called Infernal
-after the optional quest is finished the enemy still spawns units. When the King of Tides summons you again to give the reward Voidwalkers come through walls to attack the spider. One Murloc went to the undead boss the same way
-"you have no reason to enter the Ogre camp..." message two times in a row after 1-2 second(s) between them
-the Coin should disappear from the inventory for space after it was given to the Goblin...
-disable sleeping for enemy units because they sleep while the Burrow ability is activated and hits them
-realistically speaking the Gnolls could have been just avoided by the zeppelin as they couldn't reach it on water. Moreover, the path on Kalimdor, the zeppelin went on, was filled with with enemy units that could have brought the flying contraption down. The Gnolls weren't even in the way...
-since when is Kalimdor so near to Northrend and to the east instead of to the west?
-very bad idea with items that can't be dropped. Four spaces occupied and some valuable items have to be left behind. At least they can be picked again after the assignment finishes
-Broodlings can't attack air even though ranged but the hero can
-funny, Tauron calls the spider little but he's not little at all compared to him
-secret areas are not that secret

chap2:
-crashes after loading on the "fixed" version. Don't despair, you can replace the "fixed" with the "unfixed" version and open the campaign in the Campaign Editor. There enable the level to be visible from the start and voila, the game cache from the previous version works!
-the Goblin is not affected by the wind when he is using his jetpack. After using this ability the used mana is restored
-picking the Coin will trigger the Dragon quest and cinematic. During the scene, one of the buildings finished constructing and the quest updated (text)
-how did they commune at such a distance?
-Ziggurats can be built on/inside other buildings. So can Toxic Pool
-who opened the Elven Gate?
-why does Lumber Mill have Egg Sacks around it. It's not a unit producing structure
-it seems Toxic Spider have Dwarven Flares that spawn little spiders at a sort of distant random location from the place of use. Actually the spawn on the middle of the map
-building Egg Sacks are invulnerable and may block units if structures are built close to each other
-Crypt Crawler looks exactly and does the same as the Crypt Fiend with only differences in damage and health and an ability to mount drakes. They both require 3 food each
-the Crypt Fiend is weaker in health than a Toxic Spider and only attacks land units but they deal the same damage and cost the same ammount of gold and lumber and also occupy 3 food slots each
-every time Defensive Carapace is pressed and the player has 50 food slots occupied, the No Upkeep message appears
-the undead are not even attacking the dragons and they only attack the player once with some Ghouls. If their base is not attacked they don't start sending troops out of their base
-secret areas are not secret as long as flying units can easily discover them
-the Toxic Spiders are toxic only with their names
-there's a problem with Metamorphus' dragon form in that when the hero's portrait is clicked the unit is basically out of the screen to the north instead of in the middle of it
-the tauren can't attack the dragon and can be digested one by one
-Defensive Carapace has the same hotkey as Devour even though it says it's "e"
-this level is so boring
-both heroes have to get into the cave for the level to complete

chap3:
-I don't know... the Furbolgs were fighting the Kobolds and suddenly the spider came in and they just started talking to it without any actual danger being present in the scene
-after the Furbolg optional quest ended only the heroes were moved to them not all units (Broodlings)
-why/how did the Golem just join the team?
*-I've just Loaded on Submap 3 and I've got another Goblin hero, so a total of two
-hero abilities and spells need better description (damage, cooldown edtc.)
-the Submap doesn't really reward the player with much
-if the Goblin's inventory is full and the Alchemy ability is used all of his items disappear. Actually no. This happens after a Load and after the second Goblin is removed
-the Chaos Spiders look fiery but they do not have any abilities related to that...
-make gates that can only be opened with keys look the same
-the Sludge "army" can be killed before even deactivating the barrier to the Shrine
-the Repelling stone hurls allied units too
-the Scorpion King has only abilities and a glow to be differentiated from the others
-the orc Shaman passes through walls...
-the Scorpion King doesn't want to unburrow... unless some minutes pass
-how did the Lizard Lord see the heroes in action inside the fortress? He's just a normal Storm Wyrm....
-there are so many Storm Wyrms and lesser lizards that they could kill the hunters themselves with no problems
-the Wildkin's crumbling of the rocks killed all Bandit Lords but two of them were not that near the boulders
-why would the Wildkins trust the spider? How did Metamorphus know that the blocked way was the only way to the dragon eggs?
-when the Scorpion King burrowed near the teleportation circles, his ability became gray not able to be used again
-only the heroes can use the teleportation circles...
-the teleportation to the Revenants changes the camera
-crystal placement is linear...
-if heroes are teleported separately after some time the destination circle of power reveals a hidden unit that has a lot of spells including the one for summoning the heroes to it. This happend on the way to the final part of the map
-crashed when going with both heroes to the eggs. Worked with only the spider but after the cinematic mode ended it got me out on the main Warcraft menu. This happened on the "unfixed" version. Replaced the "unfixed" with the "fixed" version again and just made all the missions be visible in the Campaign Editor. Chapter 4 started with the choice I opted for in the previous level. Yes the Cache was saved, happily

chap4:
-the red dragon does not have any healing abilities as its description said in chapter 3
-some Harpies are Neutral Hostile, others are defined as an AI player. They don't attack the player's base
-the Dragon Roost's building process is strange. The building is coming from out of the screen (north) to land on the chosen build site
-the Spirit Tower in the north regenerates as it is attacked....
-the Goblin Master from the cage in the west is blocked by doodads...
-the whole explosions thing looks so unreal
-all forms of Metamorphus must be leveled up separately
-Goblin Air Strike creates a transparent unit that can be selected until it dies
-how did Meta know that cavern would lead to Northrend? Why didn't he use one to get to Kalimdor?

chap5:
-tentacles spawn and remain with their animation reset unless they attack

chap6:
-Outland Plant doesn't spawn a worm anymore
-playing it a bit and suddenly a cinematic scene where an Owl is dragged by a powerful wind force and the dragons says that she is caught by that wind... the camera doesn't reset and it spins on lock mode but the cinematic mode is off. Then the camera resets but can't be moved to the western half of the map because of a trigger limiting that movement. I'm waiting for the dragon to go to that place now if it can... After the dragon reached the middle of the map a cinematic with Meta welcoming her popped and the next level started...

chap7:
-the Mindworm appeared at the start of the level now...
-Dragon Roost can't build any dragons in this level...
-the Mindworm automatically burrows when attacked...
-after the build quest (main) finishes and a construction completes, the quest updates (text) with all buildings needing to be constructed
-Dalaran Mutants in the north gather near the burrowed Mindworm...
-defeating the Faceless will lead to the next level..

chap8:
-holding ALT to view the Health Bars doesn't work normally. Their appear somewhere far from the units but only if the cursor is pointed on them. Actually not even the item and spell descriptions are shown anymore...
-what undead? Where did the Nerubian mage see them?
-there are no towers to be built and spider units are weak...
-the undead force forms a huge crowd near the entrance to main nerubian fortress
-spider buildings need better description..
-the red dragon's Volcano takes food as long as it lasts... The spell doesn't even have a hotkey; at least it's not mentioned
-because the undead become so many their AI can hardly attack or move
-if the Rolling Doors protecting the spider eggs are destroyed and their runes activated, they play their open animation
-the red dragon doesn't really fly in this level...
-some undead units get negative numerals on the table
-the quest completes without the undead being wholly destroyed

chap9:
-a Dragon Roost is found at the south Gold Mine but I thought the undead destroyed everything while the heroes ran to the caverns...
-too much gold in the aforementioned Gold Mine

chap10:
-Nerubian Base is not well placed. Thus trained units might come out and remain blocked
-Nerubian Towers can be placed awkwardly on anything
-undead AIs are name Player "number"
-bosses aren't strong enough...
-Meta's dragon form ultimate crashes the game...
-there are two Kel'Thuzads. One is the Lich, the other is the necromancer...
-but.. we killed Kel'Thuzad, why did he appear again and cartoonishly saved the Lich King?

I'm glad I didn't play it with the sound on or else I would have had to digest some ugly dialogues not, just only as text!
O.k. I'm giving it 4s as it supposedly contains original music. To comment on that: part of it feels like loops & samples and part of it is Middle East oriented.

Last edited:
Level 1
If you can't play map4 I think the campaign just needs to be opened in world editor and then save it if you are using the campaign file uploaded here. Might have something to do with different version that the campaign was made with.

Last edited: